Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Azealia Banks Collaborator, Ariel Pink, asked to work with Madonna

inuborg

Featured Posts

Mary Jane Holland wasn't Mary Jane Holland until she released it. The lyrics, the idea and the melody are different.

Rosette has worked with Benny many times and the leak recorded from Madonna's apartment is Rosette's version. Same situation with Revolver.

Why would an artist make another unknown singer sing their demos before them?

because that's how it works many times. An artist write the lyrics but he doesn't know how the song will sound in the end so the producer must find the melody that fits the lyrics and find another "unknown singer" to sing it since the original singer isn't disponible at the moment. 

for example: 

Why do you think Britney needs Myah Marie. The producers write the song and ask Myah to sing it since Britney isn't in the studio at that time and then Britney re-record her vocals on that song (or maybe not in Britney's case :rip: ) no ofense I love Britney.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmm no, never said that. All this discussion started because you told me that 'there isn't anything wrong with that' but I never said it was wrong. Then you compared Koons, M.I.A. and Madonna. I never excused Koons, I said there was a difference between both situations because you compared them.

When I said "Anyway, just because someone else does it (in this case Koons) doesn't mean is good" was because you used him as an argument, not me.

I'm not a snob, you just don't know how to read properly. 

The gall of someone criticizing a persons ability to read when their post includes the sentence...Anyway, just because someone else does it (in this case Koons) doesn't mean is good.

Maybe I is good reader and you is bad wordsmith.  :smh:

DrewStevens

because that's how it works many times. An artist write the lyrics but he doesn't know how the song will sound in the end so the producer must find the melody that fits the lyrics and find another "unknown singer" to sing it since the original singer isn't disponible at the moment. 

for example: 

Why do you think Britney needs Myah Marie. The producers write the song and ask Myah to sing it since Britney isn't in the studio at that time and then Britney re-record her vocals on that song (or maybe not in Britney's case :rip: ) no ofense I love Britney.

I wouln't use Britney as an example of creative process. 

In the industry demos sang by unknown artists usually exist because they wrote it or the producer wrote it, then they send the demo to a big artist. There is no logic on writing a song and asking another person to sing it for you, mostly when you have nothing else to do than record an album.

DrewStevens

The gall of someone criticizing a persons ability to read when their post includes the sentence...Anyway, just because someone else does it (in this case Koons) doesn't mean is good.

Maybe I is good reader and you is bad wordsmith.  :smh:

You are still avoiding the fact that I never said using other people was wrong and you quote me saying that I did. You compared them to excuse Madonna, but you then you criticize me for "excusing" Koons and called me a snob because... I don't even know why.

I think you need to start reading posts before quoting people with baseless arguments.

Still not the same. 

Koons DESIGNS, he may not SCULPT by himself. That's why he is the artists, because he designs. 

Madonna SINGS. She doesn't write all of her songs still she is credited as a songwriter, but she is just the executive producer. She should be credited as a producer, not as a songwriter.

Better compare Rihanna, who is a successful artist, with Madonna. Rihanna doesn't write her songs either and she is, fairly, not credited as a writer, yet she is credited as executive producer of her album because she was part of the team. There's no need to put their names as songwriters when they still have their names in the title of the song. 

Anyway, just because someone else does it (in this case Koons) doesn't mean is good. This discussion is pointless. 

Not all her songs, but most of her songs have been written by other people. It has been proven many times.

She is credited as a co writer, because she contributes with lyrics, changes melodies....etc. So yes, she is a co writer.

Vernier

10687188_812598538786117_707208375445873

While I understand they may be pissed at him for his comments, no way have they never heard of him :smh:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Archived