💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Azealia Banks Collaborator, Ariel Pink, asked to work with Madonna

inuborg

Featured Posts

inuborg

...To stop "downward slide" 

57d7a409.jpg

Here's a bit of a curveball: Ariel Pink says he's been asked to work on Madonna's new album, the follow up to 2012's MDNA. In an interview with Faster Louder, Pink said he was contacted by Madge's label, Interscope, to help out.
"They need something edgy. They need songwriting," he said. "She can’t just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she’s 20 years old. They actually need songs. I’m partly responsible for that return-to-values thing." (Watch out, Diplo and Blood Diamonds!)
That said, he doesn't sound like he's fallen under her spell. "I guess it’s called ‘throwback’, but the first record was so good because of the songs," he said. "It's been a downward slide [since]. Ray of Light is not cool. And all the other stuff she’s done after that, it’s not like it matters. It really shows a drain of values. People need more substance in their mac-and-cheese. People need more sugar or something."
It's worth pointing out that dozens of songwriters are asked to write for artists as big as Madonna, so it's entirely possible Pink's contributions will never come to light. (Or that after reading this interview, Madonna will wave her hand and have him thrown to the dogs.)
It's also worth noting that Pink covered "Everybody" for 2007's Through the Wilderness, a Madonna tribute album. And which Madonna record is "Everybody" from? Her first one! He's not just being retroactively selective with his tastes, then. Come on, Ariel, you don't even like "Like a Prayer"?

Source: http://pitchfork.com/news/57059-ariel-pink-says-hes-been-asked-to-work-on-madonnas-new-album-to-stop-her-downward-slide/

He has a really good point. I think his songwriting abilities and melodies. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdreams

Is it just me who thinks that his lyrics might not be seen

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Who?

My god he is full of himself. Madonna isn't gonna collab with someone who trash talks her :smh: What an idiot.

SychosSoChic

And we will never hear of him again once Madonna sees this article.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

FFXSoul91

Why Ray of Light?! It's one of her best. If anything, her downward spiral didn't start until after that album!

He seems so pressed. I'd rather not see his messy ass lyrics on the future album of the millennium

y1HB2nD.gif

After these words I really doubt that Madonna would work with him, plus I'm not agree about the 'Ray of Light' thing, it's one of Madonna best work, and what about Confessions? Another Madonna's work that had a big impact, it was pop-dance but with quality, same for 'Music', I could be agree about the last 2 albums, they weren't Madonna's best works, but dragging all her albums after ROL, including it, it's just silly. 

Princess Die

There's a new name to add to the list of people reportedly working on Madonna's upcoming album, and no, it's not another EDM hitmaker -- it's Ariel Pink.The lo-fi pop singer-songwriter told Faster Louder he's working on Madge's 2015 album, while simultaneously dismissing the majority of her career."Interscope are calling me to help write Madonna's record," Pink said. "The first record [1983's Madonna] was so good because of the songs. It's been a downward slide [since] … Ray of Light is not cool. And all the other stuff she's done after that, it's not like it matters. It really shows a drain of values. People need more substance in their mac-and-cheese. People need more sugar or something."

Pink explained he was called in to provide something that the EDM producers working with her can't. "They need something edgy. They need songwriting. She can't just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she's 20 years old. They actually need songs. I'm partly responsible for that return-to-values thing," he said.So there you have it -- Pink might have songs on Madonna's new album, despite the fact that he has not enjoyed a Madonna album since 1983.

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/103148?facebook_20141013#!/entry/view/id/103148

There's a few questions going through my head right now. :awkney:

Why is he working with her if he thinks her work since 1983 is crap compared to his avent garde standards?

Why would Madge pull this guy out of the bargain bin if he's so shady? His album flopped harder than Mama June's tits on a cold morning, btw :Madge:

Why in God's name would he take this picture?

Warning: This content might be explicit or offensive
http://dam.cdn.kargo.com/access/show/id/MobileWAP.Billboard:ArielPinkSaysHes_1413231071/ds/facecropfill/width/480/height/250/file.jpg
Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

Archived