💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lenovo Announces Yoga 3 Pro changing its "iconic" hinge

cometoogg

Featured Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0QVLDax384

Lenovo is changing up the popular Yoga hybrid with some design tweaks for a thinner, lighter system. The new Yoga 3 Pro is the biggest change to the series since its launch, and dares to throw out the Yoga line's traditional hinge mechanism in favor of a new design.

The Yoga line of hybrid laptops kicked off a major trend in mobile PC design, starting with the original version from 2012. Since then, the idea of a clamshell laptop with two 360-degree fold-back hinges has appeared on not only several subsequent Yoga products from Lenovo, but also systems from Dell, Toshiba, HP, and others.

For the Yoga 3 Pro, the hinge still folds back a full 360 degrees, taking the chassis from a traditional clamshell laptop to a folded over tablet, with many possible stops along the way. The difference is that the new hinge is a single mechanism running the full width of the system. Instead two hinges, typically plastic or aluminum, this new hinge has the look and feel of a long section of watchband material and is constructed of more than 800 individual pieces of steel and aluminum, with six points of attachment across the 13-inch display.

Besides being visually striking, the new hinge allows the Yoga 3 Pro to be, according to Lenovo, 17 percent thinner and 14 percent lighter than last year's Yoga 2 Pro.

Potentially more interesting is that the new Yoga 3 Pro is powered by Intel's also-new Core M processor. This new line, separate from the traditional Core i4/i5/i7 family, is designed for premium laptops, hybrids and tablets that want mainstream processing power. It runs so cool and efficiently that the systems do not need internal fans. With a combination of an Intel Core M processor and up to 256GB of SSD storage, the Yoga 3 Pro has essentially no moving parts inside.

The Yoga 3 Pro will be available around the end of October, in stores at Best Buy and through Lenovo's online store. It starts at $1,349 in the US and €1,299 in Europe and £1,299 in the UK. Price and date for other regions, including Australia, have not been made available yet.

Read More

inuborg

DONT YOU BELIVE IT

I have the first Lenovo Yoga Pad and its very ****ty, I bare even use it anymore

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

DONT YOU BELIVE IT

I have the first Lenovo Yoga Pad and its very ****ty, I bare even use it anymore

Oh my god :deadbanana:

Archived