Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Raven-Symoné: "I'm not African-American, I am American"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagaisitalian

I agree I suppose. I have a lot of French blood in me but I don't get called French-American.

Blue Jeans

I agree with her, most Americans come originally from europe, and nobody calls you Euro-Americans :awkney:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Redstreak

I don't know, I personally don't get the aversion to labels thing that's been happening lately.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

inuborg

Thats very narrow of her to deny her roots like that. I don't get it. Unless you're 100% Native American, if you're black you have ancestry from Africa. And I don't get why people see that as a bad thing. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Morphine Prince

I agree with her, most Americans come originally from europe, and nobody calls you Euro-Americans :awkney:

Yeah, and it's GENERATIONS ago... not even the current people. Although some people from European descent categorize themselves as "Italian-American," for example (like Gaga). 

RAMROD

Either way, MURICAAAAAA!!

b709abc5daabd498b7650f3d4a30934a_large.j

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

inuborg

I don't know, I personally don't get the aversion to labels thing that's been happening lately.

I don't get it either, if you like the same s-x, then you are gay/lesbian. It isn't a label, its a matter of fact. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

It makes sense. I'm from England but I live in Australia currently. I wouldn't want my descendants to be labelled as "English-Australian" if all they have ever known, lived and breathed is Australia. It's not about refuting your roots but saying who you think you are.

I won't die, but I can't live without you

Hauser

Why should she call herself African American when she could be Caribbean American and not know it. By the way why is it so hard for people to look at people of color as JUST American without having to add "____" - American to their nationality/ethnicity? 

Archived