Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

One Direction have a financial stake in 5SOS

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

Expose ha (this was kind of obvious but still)

one-direction-5-seconds-of-summer-toplin

When One Direction ­members Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne tweeted at fellow boy banders 5 Seconds of Summer back in February, announcing to their millions of followers that the Aussie pop-rockers had a new single out, casual observers may have chalked up the endorsement to chummy camaraderie. After all, 5 Seconds, which formed a year after 1D debuted on the U.K. X Factor, were represented by the same company, London-based Modest Management, founded by music industry veteran Richard Griffiths.

But relations between the two groups go deeper. According to multiple sources, 1D holds a financial stake in 5SOS. An Aug. 9 report in a U.K. paper was the first to make the connection, reporting that the five members of 1D, which also includes Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan, own a share of London-based company 5SOS LLP. Billboard has since confirmed that the registered partners listed for the company are the four members of 5SOS and One Mode Productions, whose directors include the five members of 1D in addition to Modest’s Griffiths and Will Bloomfield.

According to the documents filed at London’s Companies House, the split allots for 120 shares: 1D holds 50 percent, and the managers hold the other 50. Looking at 5SOS music sales so far, for instance -- 788,000 albums and EPs and 2.4 million song downloads sold, per Nielsen SoundScan -- that would amount to $250,000 in earnings for Modest and 1D, or $25,000 added to each 1D member’s bank account, Billboard estimates. Consider bigger revenue generators like merchandise, and 1D could see far greater returns.

(...)

The pairing is a no-brainer, says one insider privy to the arrangement. “The thinking is, ‘The bigger these guys get, the more money we make,’ †says the source. “They’re going to put someone on as the opening act on the tour anyway, why not put somebody that they have a financial interest in?†Modest principals Griffiths and Harry Magee, who manage both groups, declined to comment, but in an interview with Billboard in March, Magee credited 1D as “early adopters of 5SOS†explaining that Horan and Tomlinson played the music to the rest of the band who agreed 5SOS should support 1D on their arena tour.

(...)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6273836/one-direction-secret-investment-5-seconds-summer

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
artpopmess

Did anyone really think they were promoting them out of the goodness of their hearts

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

monsterdreams

:dead: 1D make so much money

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Already business men

ALL DAT MONEY

kim_cash.gif

So basically they OWN 5sos, they have power tbh

ps: does anyone else think their legs look weird/funny?

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Tropico

tbh they'd be nobodies without 1D. They made them. Like how Marina made Charli XCX.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tropico

Did anyone really think they were promoting them out of the goodness of their hearts

I did ngl

Well i thought the tweets was just kindness

artpopmess

Omg my friend loves 5sos and has bought all of their albums/eps whatever multiple times but lowkey hates 1D, Idk how she's going to react when she finds out all this time she was actually giving money to zayn and his gang

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

RAMROD

all 5SOS fans better be careful then,

and never send threats to 1D members :xtina:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MonsterOfSpain

I did ngl

Well i thought the tweets was just kindness

inb4 ariana and britney and etc own gaga too

RAMROD

It will be the other way around with Ariana :xtina:

Tropico

Gaga better work to get dem dose coins or she's gonna have a serious problem tbh. :madge:

RAMROD

Already business men

ALL DAT MONEY

kim_cash.gif

So basically they OWN 5sos, they have power tbh

ps: does anyone else think their legs look weird/funny?

Jeggings are funny. That is why.

Archived