💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GagaDaily Cheek to Cheek Q&A with Lady Gaga: Submit Questions NOW!

Emma

Featured Posts

Gaga, what does the song Lush Life truly mean to you? Do you feel nostalgic singing it? Saddness? Happiness?

Thanks for sharing.

"12 o'clocktails" is my favorite thing ever.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noula Corleone

Hey Gaga!

You've said that Queen, David Bowie, Elton John and others have influenced you. With these influences you created all your previous albums and of course your image.

Now Jazz as a genre seems to be your new influence. How is this new influence going to affect your following albums?

Thank you so much for the magical experience you gave me in Greece a week ago! I'll never forget it

My question: it's frustrating to see that part of the reason why CtC is getting some mild reviews is because """critics""" can't spot the difference between the quality of the work and their dislike towards the artist behind it. There seems to be this unfair agenda going on, to bring negative press around everything you do. Is that important to you? How do you plan to gain back the love from the general public which, at the end of the day, is what is going to bring back the positive news and reviews from """critics"""? Is this a "problem" to solve in your mind, or do you just plan on doing your work the best way you can and expect the best? I love you so much, see you soon in Portugal :hug:

My question: it's frustrating to see that part of the reason why CtC is getting some mild reviews is because """critics""" can't spot the difference between the quality of the work and their dislike towards the artist behind it. There seems to be this unfair agenda going on, to bring negative press around everything you do. Is that important to you? How do you plan to gain back the love from the general public which, at the end of the day, is what is going to bring back the positive news and reviews from """critics"""? Is this a "problem" to solve in your mind, or do you just plan on doing your work the best way you can and expect the best? I love you so much, see you soon in Portugal :hug:

great question :sara:

Cheek to cheek showcases the best vocal takes of your career so far, your jazz phrasing is very clean and precise. Did you undertake any additional vocal lessons prior to recording or did your voice just naturally resettle into it once you got in front of the microphone? And will any of these techniques be used on future albums?

The first time you made "the lady is a tramp" I was in love with it. even if it's not what people use to get from you, it was amazing. now, you decided to make an entire album with tony, some songs are an easily slayers (SLAY).

my question basiclly is, besides tony, who has been an inspiration for you from the many old-days jazz singers? (besides tony) cause I really wonder who's carrer/singing is been reflected in your songs for C2C.

I love you with every beat of my heart. you've made me so brave that I will never be able to thank you enough for it. you are a good singer, a brilliant one, don't let anyone tell you that what you're doing everyday doesn't influence people. you really made me so brave and so happy.

:sara: :sara: :sara:

Hi Lady :)
Cheek to Cheek has shown us, yet again, how music is not just a career, its a passion that is taken for granted in the modern day scene. Do you believe that this amazing collaboration will bring the importance of music to light again? Do you think that Cheek to Cheek will influence other artists to branch off into music genres they may have been sceptical to venture?

Love eternally, your Aussie Monster Jaimi #monster4life

If had to listen to one song from Cheek to Cheek for the rest of time which song would it be?

I can't wait to see you at the ArtRave in the UK!!!

I posted this question before, but I decided to hide it because it can be misread and misinterpreted as rude: According to some interviews you did recently as part of the promotional campaign for Cheek to Cheek, you seem to be against auto-tune and toning down your vocals in this studio versions of the songs. Why do you think is so important to showcase your vocals in the album versions, when it doesn't seem to affect the impact or originality of the songs any artist puts out? In my humble opinion, in order to create magic, you don't have to have a super powerful voice, or even if you do, you don't have to showcase it in every song. Auto-tune and other voice editing systems can be used to create "atmospheres" and feelings that can't be achieved with raw vocals. Also, adding to this argument: you can still showcase your vocals live, and create almost another version of the songs with more powerful, raw vocals. It's a win-win. So, back to the main question: why do you believe it's so important to have unedited vocals in the album versions of the songs? How do you think that affects the artistic quality of the final product and how will this new line of thought associated with CtC affect the future projects?

I found my favourite tracks on the album - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) and Lush Life - both came from places of deep pain. Did you have to connect these already-written songs to your own life experiences to inject them with such emotion?

Hi Gaga!

My question is since you had so much fun doing this collab album with Tony, would you ever do another collab album with a different artist? Or another Jazz collab in general?

Love you Gaga :)

In my opinion, Cheek to Cheek is a strong, classic jazz album that will open up the doors to your future endeavours as a jazz artist. Saying this, are you ready to explore more genres that showcase your voice such as acoustic, soul, and others? 

If i'm allowed to post another question, I would like to ask that although you are an artist that makes "the music not the bling", would you ever quit pop completely for jazz or acoustic albums and go back to your previous life in stripped down bars in New York? Could you really turn away from the fame and the lights?

Thanks Gaga! I love you so much and do visit Manila soon! We miss you!

Hi Gaga ! 

First, I'd just like you to know how much I love Cheek To Cheek, it's absolutely amazing and I love every song on it.

I know that jazz isn't the most popular music genre nowadays, at least among young people. You said that you wanted those people to discover jazz and love it while listening to C2C; so my question is: how do you think the youth reacted/will react to C2C ? What do you think they felt/will feel ?

You have no idea how much I love you. You and your music have changed me completely, I'm a completely different person now and I can't thank you enough for that. 

And Cheek to Cheek was like the icing on the cake. It's so good, so relaxing yet dancy. Tony and you did a great job, so thank you for this album :heart:

What happened to "Paradise" - will we get to hear it?

1. THIS! Would you consider performing it?

Hi Gaga! Other than the question already posted above, I have 2 others. (I have a lot but I'll keep it short)

2. Will the tour be a world tour? (Will it come to St. Louis, MO?)

3. What is your favorite Gaga solo, your favorite Tony solo, and you favorite collaborative song on Cheek To Cheek? And why?

I love you so much and I'm so happy to see you so happy and excited. I pray for the health, safety, and happiness of you and your loved ones everyday. It's nice to see all of that in you lately :)

With this album so many people are finally seeing and hearing what your Little Monsters have since the beginning. It's about damn time you got the recognition you deserve!

- Allison M from STL

• Admin pinned this topic
  • Kayla unpinned this topic

Archived