đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GagaDaily Cheek to Cheek Q&A with Lady Gaga: Submit Questions NOW!

Emma

Featured Posts

aphroditeverjen

Hi GaGa <3 xoxo

I know that every album you've released so far has a special place in your heart, in connection to this, what made Cheek to Cheek differently special

from all your albums? Aside from being jazz obviously.

-aphrodite verjen   

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was it odd recording the music in a "live" setting and with a type of accompaniment you hadn't used in your music before?

Did you feel insecure about releasing Cheek to Cheek at some point?

I'm very happy seeing how much you enjoy this experience. I hope it can help you to forget any bad times that you could have had in the past. You keep surprising me everyday. I love you :heart:

Hey Gaga!

Just wanted to say you inspire me in your songwriting and style every single day. Thank you.

How has going through the process of making an album with a completely new musical style and direction put a little artistic and musical "reset" on your career? Could you see yourself exploring other genres in the future (r&b, urban, etc.) to go through the same refreshing expirience as you are go through currently with "Cheek to Cheek"?

-Ryan

Wet Fire

My dear Gaga, or may I say "Lady" :hor:

You said in your Grammy acceptence speech in 2011 that you imagined "The Voice" Whitney Houston singing the songs when you wrote "Born This Way" 'cause you weren't secure enough as a superstar. After the harsh reviews & backlash of the critics during "ARTPOP", if you felt insecurity, which 'ICON' (As you said, "I'm every icon") did you imagine yourself as while recording "Cheek to Cheek"? Or were you secure enough in the company of Tony Bennett that you needed no "ICON" avater? Who was actually singing "Cheek to Cheek" - Stefani Joanne Angelina Germenotta or Lady Gaga or another "ICON"? :hug:

Have you thought about releasing a solo Jazz album or writing your own original Jazz songs in the future? Maybe you've already written some?  :heart:

Dear Gaga, you've previously said that you're sad to hand an album over to the record label once it is finished. Have you felt like this at all with Cheek to Cheek?

I love you :kisses:

One Five Ten

Hey Gaga,

Just wondering about the process taken in selecting the standards used on the album. I'm guessing it was a collaboration between you and Tony, but to what extent? Did you pick your own solos personally or did Tony recommend any to you, for example?

I really love the album as it's introduced me to a genre that I've always been exposed to, but never really paid attention to until now. 

P.S. - Thanks so much for doing those signed copies through Looney Tunes CDs. It really means a lot!  :saira:

djBuffoon

As a vocalist, did you do any particular prep work for the recording of this album? How do you adapt your classical technique to the loose style of jazz, resulting in a sound that is both controlled yet absolutely free?

And as a general note, I hope that you carry in your heart how beautiful ARTPOP is.

monsterdreams

First of all, Gaga, I wanna say how much I love you

My question is: how do you hope Cheek To Cheek has an impact on younger people who don't know what jazz is?

Thanks so much, if you answer

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

ChicaSkas

heart.gif

heart.gifheart.gif

Clearly your listening audience has expanded with this album! Did the whole experience of being immersed in Cheek to Cheek make you think at all of writing your own jazz music in the future?

heart.gif

heart.gif

I love to watch your career grow! Some day I hope to interview you for GagaDaily <3

Also, I have a very special gift to give you, thousands upon thousands of your songs, preserved, archived, and compiled by me.

I don't know if you remember, but I also helped Krissy return your Swine skirt to Lacee at the Los Angeles ArtRave. Krissy can't wait to meet you too!

Have a great tour in Europe!

-- Katharine aka ChicaSkas aka 'The Audio Queen'

of GagaDaily, Propagaga, & Radio ARTPOP <3

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

How do you think Cheek to Cheek will effect your legacy as an Artist

Gaga i love u so much u have changed my life and opebed my eyes and niw im a braver kinder person. I love u so much and one day i know that we will record a song together just remember the name EDEJ

AND BTW THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL ART WITH ME AND THE WORLD i LOVE YOU AND A AM PROUD TO SAY THAT LADY GAGA IS MY BIGGEST INSPIRATION AND FAVORITE ARTIST!!!!!!! I LOVE U

• Admin pinned this topic
  • Kayla unpinned this topic

Archived