💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GagaDaily Cheek to Cheek Q&A with Lady Gaga: Submit Questions NOW!

Emma

Featured Posts

I know the questions should be about C2C, but i have to ask this.

Since you now announced that you will be dropping a Jazz record every year, do you worry about it clashing with your pop schedule? Is your passion for Jazz distancing you away from your love for pop?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to add a spoiler comment underneath my earlier post because I didn't see that in the instructions at first, so I'll just do it now. 

You already are aware of just how much your music and your drive to spread what is right to as many people as you can in the most joyful way. I am only one among them. The past few years have been pretty dark times in my life - suicidal depression, massive anxiety, being kicked out and betrayed by family and former friends for my s-xuality, further medical incidents (such as anemia) and academic pressures at school during this period. Your music has helped me stay afloat more than you likely can realize, and for that I likely owe you my life. I'd love to meet you one day to talk about music and song writing. 

Thanks,

Cal.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Dean Winchester

Hey Gaga, How is singing the songs of past legendary composers, like Cole Porter and George Gershwin, on CHEEK TO CHEEK, inspiring your own songwriting now? 

I also wanted to let u know that i love u so much. I hope ur happy cuz u make me smile everyday. I feel as if I am you, and you are me. When ur hurt, i hurt and when ur happy, im happy. Thanks for everything. Best of luck!! Ps. Love Cheek To Cheek and ARTPOP!!

How do you contribute so much emotions and passion to songs you haven't wrote yourself? Do you think about writing a Jazz record one day?

If you could choose to sing with any of the jazz greats who've ever lived, who would you pick? What would you sing? Why? Also, would you prefer to sing with them in a modern context, or during the jazz age? 

I love you :sara: 

For the Cheek to Cheek tour, are you and Tony planning to go extravagant? Lights, maybe backup dancers/singers, very much like 40's/50's jazz performances?

The promotion of this album for me, is reminiscent of all the of promo you did for Born This Way when it was coming out. It's amazing and is IMO just one of many examples of how you're one of the hardest working entertainers out there. I was just wondering, how come the approach to promoting this album seems different than with ARTPOP

Do you think Cheek to Cheek will hopefully boost jazz to be more popular in the USA again? You have been quoted as saying you were trying to find something more authentic, is authentic music staying on the charts (other then pop) your goal with Cheek to Cheek?

Do you create an alter ego to escape pop land whenever you make Jazz music? I may be overthinking here, but is your love for Jazz associated with your fathers sister, Joanne?

Can we expect for stable promotion for the future?

For Cheek To Cheek, you and Tony have interpreted classic songs from the Great American Songbook. Do you ever stop to wonder how your songs may be interpreted in the future? Also, I think it's amazing how you have made Tony Bennett and Jazz music more accessible to younger audiences and your fans who may not have listened to this type of music otherwise. What do you think Tony's lasting legacy will be?

feelitinmybones

Because you have experience in Jazz from when you were younger, would you ever consider going into other genres of music (for example rock, metal) for an album, genres you've had experiences in as well?

You're truly wonderful by the way :)

• Admin pinned this topic
  • Kayla unpinned this topic

Archived