💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Paul Moss: "Britney's record could be broken w/in the next 5 months."

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rihanna's best first week is 238,000 with Unapologetic. I don't think so. :awkney:

inb4 you were joking. :spin:

Is that supposed to be shade? R8 is not Unapologetic. Everyone says she's a singles artist but you'll see... bookmark me.

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Taylor is coming for that third consecutive 1M+ first week sales :legend:

And to all of you naysers saying "lol no", with Red she was about 90k units short of breaking Britney's record. Country is still behind her and she's opened her brand to a new demographic, so it is very likely that she will break the record.

who will love me when the night is over

I doubt even Adele can do that. Adele has been basically invisible to the GP for almost two years and no one buys music. I am sure it will sell well, but not 1.3 in 1st week.

She's still chatting in the top 20 tho :rip:

LoveandMagic

Britney: 1.3

Taylor: 1.2

Gaga: 1.1

Congrats, ladies!!  :party:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Anderson123

Didn't Britney's Oops I Did It Again broke the record but it was 2 million copies ? I don't remember. If the number is that, I honestly can see the record getting broken only if Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Freddie Mercury and Elvis Presley get resurrected and record an album together. I could see Adele selling 1 million, though.

Edit: Oh yeah, I just read wikipedia, it says Oops I Did It Again sold 1,319,00 copies in the US. I could see that record get broken by Adele or MAYBE Taylor Swift if she goes hard or releases something that gets her on top.

Edit: Oh wait, I guess Britney is the solo female act that has sold the most in the first week, I was going through a list and Eminem, Nsync and The Backstreet Boys sold more than her.

JustPokeHerFace

Wasn't NSYNC's debut album the record holder with over 2 million copies sold in 1 week? 

Edit: Their sophomore album, No Strings Attached, sold 2.42 million copies in the first week, being the current overall record holder. I think Brit is the solo artist record holder, though. 

Wasn't NSYNC's debut album the record holder with over 2 million copies sold in 1 week? 

Edit: Their sophomore album, No Strings Attached, sold 2.42 million copies in the first week, being the current overall record holder. I think Brit is the solo artist record holder, though. 

NSYNC are not female which probably explains why they don't hold the record for "The biggest first-week sales by a female artist" ;)

I believe he means Britneys record of selling 1.3 million albums 1st week with Oops!...I Did It Again(album) in 2000.

Gaga almost broke it with BTW with 1.1 m and Taylor Swift with 1.2 m in 2012. Not happening tho, music industry is deep down. No one is going to sell that much in one week these days jNooXyi.gif. Godney gon' keep ha record.

And loving all the Britney craze on GGD :wub:

me too this place is flawless

Archived