💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2014 MTV EMA Discussion - One Direction, 5SOS named big winners!

Gypsy Life

Featured Posts

Best Live - Katy Perry 

What kind of joke :lmao:

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arctic Monkeys, Lana, Ellie and Lorde >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone on that disgusting list ugh ew

StrawberryBlond

Even by pop standards, a list of 5 nominations who can actually sing in Best Live shouldn't be hard. I don't believe the pop world is so hard up that Katy Perry can continue to be nominated despite the derision that she has faced for her vocals. It's ludicrous that Gaga's only won 1 Best Live award in her life at all awards shows combined when her shows are always critically acclaimed and loved by the public. And why is Taylor Swift there? She didn't produce any successful singles lately and the nomination cut off date passed before she released SIO. Ridiculous that she can be there but Gaga can't.

If "Best Live" means "Best Tour" like I've seen mentioned in this thread, then Katy definitely deserves the nomination, if not the win :omgexcited:

If it really does mean Best Tour, then they should change the title. Best Live makes it sound like it's all about vocals and instrumentation, making the nominations of those who can't sing and can't play instruments look suspicious. Elton John accepted an award at the 2004 Q Awards where Madonna had won for Best Live Act and in his acceptance speech he said: "Madonna? Best live act? F**k off. Since when is lipsynching considered live? I'm sorry, but I think anyone who makes you pay fifty quid to see them live then has the audacity to lipsynch should be shot." So...yeah, to stop outbursts like that, if Best Tour is what is really meant, it's best to distinguish it.

The Bieber nods just make this whole thing even more of a joke. Way to lose all credability on that one, you could at least fight the others since they at least did something during the year besides being arrested multiple times.

TimisaMonster

Why would she be nominated for anything? People don't view ARTPOP as successful or existing soooo it would actually be weird if she was. Plus, even if she was nominated for something, they wouldn't let her win compared to other artists and songs this year... :shrug:

These nominations can't be serious.... :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Rat Boy

Bruno, Beyoncé or JT better get best live, they're the only artists on that list that deserve it and the critics agree :MANiCURE:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Gaga won't get any noms [at the Grammys] though either. Maybe for the next album

C2C is a shoo-in for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, with even a shot at Album of the Year. ARTPOP would be in Best Dance/Electronica Album if they hadn't changed the rules to exclude her. I still wouldn't rule out other categories.

MelbHawker

Mhmm. Katy Perry is so thirsty for awards she would cancel a show to be there. I'm so not watching. Is it just me or does Katy Perry have the fakest acceptance speeches ever? I don't think I've really ever seen her TRUE peesonality... Maybe it's just me.

I never watch Katy's acceptance speeches. I tape awards shows and fast-forward past all the irrelevant parts. 

I never watch Katy's acceptance speeches. I tape awards shows and fast-forward past all the irrelevant parts.

Well, you're smart! Wish I was patient enough to record it and watch later. Lol

Archived