💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Are Gaga and Adele on a similar level vocally?

VforVendetta

Can Gaga stand by Adele vocaly?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Is Gaga's voice on par with Adele's?

• Yes, they would be an almost equal well-balanced duet
    • No, Gaga would bite the dust
    • She would overshadow Adele

Featured Posts

SummerGirl21

I don't know if either would overshadow...but I am now sure if they would compliment each other very well. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire

You know, they have voices that stand on the opposite pole. Adele's voice is electrifying. It is very soulful and hits an arrow of impression on your heart instantly. Her voice can tell stories without words.

On the other hand, Gaga's voice is universally versatile. She can sing anything and everything very well. Animalistic sound, spoken words and splitting of words help her voice to create a different impression. Her voice can give goosebumps. Pop, Jazz, Rock, Rap, R&B - she's done all of these and more fantastically.

So, Adele's voice is more like an emotional epic drama and Gaga's voice is more like a sci-fi fantasy film. Gaga can't sing Soul like Adele, Adele can't sing Jazz like Gaga. So, I have no idea how a collaboration will sound like but it will obviously be a massive attack.

PopBitch

They are equal as far as vocally, but they are different singers. Adele is more of a soul singer like Amy Winehouse in a way, and Gaga is more theatrical in singing when on piano and/ot sometimes more rock ballad sounding, and also a dance music singer. They are just different genres and sounds in delivery of vocals. Both so talented as songwriters and singers. Gaga of course has the huge edge in visual performing.

But Gaga reaches higher then Adele’s belts :huh:

Adele reaches an eb5  where as Gaga reaches an F5

I think people really overestimate Adele :rip:

Adele had nodules from reaching those high notes (which are comfortably in Gaga’s range) indicating that either she is too high for her comfort or bad technique.

One thing that Gaga never had. Her voice actually improved a lot.

Not saying that she doesn’t do anything that could harm her voice like the squealing for example but Gaga her voice right now is top notch.

Gaga can't ever have Adele's smoothness in the upper register though, especially because of the coke. It's too raspy now

MonsterMum

Gaga can't ever have Adele's smoothness in the upper register though, especially because of the coke. It's too raspy now

Adele's upper register is Gaga's middle register so I'm afraid I do not agree with you and the coke reference was a bit unneeded.

I have nothing with or against Adele but she's just limited :shrug:

Adele's upper register is Gaga's middle register so I'm afraid I do not agree with you and the coke reference was a bit unneeded.

I have nothing with or against Adele but she's just limited :shrug:

I never said that Adele wasn't limited, in fact I made a point of it in my first post.

The rest remains true.

Gaga has weaker timbre, pitch, control, and depth.

Hopefully her vocal training now is helping her, because her voice is now far more limited and sounds softer in the lower register, though both her upper and lower register are now far raspier than when she got started for that reason.

It's the truth, though.  :duck:  :duck:

Same thing happened with Whitney.

She could take notes from Cher, who doesn't smoke or drink when she goes on tour or prior to it.

Her voice still sounds pretty much the same and she can still hit her registers VERY well. 

VforVendetta

I never said that Adele wasn't limited, in fact I made a point of it in my first post.

The rest remains true.

Gaga has weaker timbre, pitch, control, and depth.

Hopefully her vocal training now is helping her, because her voice is now far more limited and sounds softer in the lower register, though both her upper and lower register are now far raspier than when she got started for that reason.

It's the truth, though.  :duck:  :duck:

Same thing happened with Whitney.

She could take notes from Cher, who doesn't smoke or drink when she goes on tour or prior to it.

Her voice still sounds pretty much the same and she can still hit her registers VERY well. 

Gaga's voice has definitely improved even more with the years.

djBuffoon

I think they're too different to compare really. Make Gaga sing an Adele song and she would fail but make Adele sing a rock song and Gaga would leave her in the ground :rip:

I don't think that's true at all. :lmao:

Gaga's voice has definitely improved even more with the years.

Absolutely. Clarity, tone, control, balance between registers.All in check.

VforVendetta

Her control, yes.

Her sound, no.

She sounds much better to me. Her range sounds wider and her voice cleaner and deeper + she controls it much better.  :shrug:

Absolutely. Clarity, tone, control, balance between registers.All in check.

:yes:

She sounds much better to me. Her range sounds wider and her voice cleaner and deeper + she controls it much better.  :shrug:

:yes:

I think she's pretty equivalent, but the jazz is definitely helping her

LoveandMagic

You know, they have voices that stand on the opposite pole. Adele's voice is electrifying. It is very soulful and hits an arrow of impression on your heart instantly. Her voice can tell stories without words.

On the other hand, Gaga's voice is universally versatile. She can sing anything and everything very well. Animalistic sound, spoken words and splitting of words help her voice to create a different impression. Her voice can give goosebumps. Pop, Jazz, Rock, Rap, R&B - she's done all of these and more fantastically.

So, Adele's voice is more like an emotional epic drama and Gaga's voice is more like a sci-fi fantasy film. Gaga can't sing Soul like Adele, Adele can't sing Jazz like Gaga. So, I have no idea how a collaboration will sound like but it will obviously be a massive attack.

MTE.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

VforVendetta

I was not only refering to the Jazz Era. I am talking about the difference between TF/TFM and  BTW/ARTPOP and now C2C. Her voice had become better in her last albums, in ever Era her voice sounds better to me. 

Archived