Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

57th GRAMMY Awards - Sam Smith, Beyoncé, Pharrell win big!

APPLAUSE4YOU

Featured Posts

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie

Prism is amazingggg

So much of the album was filler and/or inconsistent. I never felt like the songs really belonged to a cohesive album. Once you get to Dark Horse, everything after that is essentially forgettable and blends together. But even before Dark Horse, all the songs are completely different. It's like she hit two different extremes in one album: the first seven songs are completely different and don't flow then the last half of the album all sounds the same. How does one even accomplish that?

Fiona Apple

Let me take through something before u shade Beyonce

Her latest album was released without pre-promotion and has sold 2.1 million copies in the U.S.A. as of now.Certified 2X Platinum

Now, let me take you through the singles.

XO - Released to Pop, Urban, and Rythymic radio.

Peak

Hot 100 - #45

Pop Songs #18

Rhythmic Songs#26

TBH, this was a flop single since it was the lead single....

Drunk In Love - Released to Urban and Rythymic radio

Hot 100 - #2 (In Top Ten 8 Weeks)

R&B Hip Hop Airplay - #1(8 consecutive weeks)

Rhythmic Songs - #1(3 consecutive weeks)

Pop Songs - #13

TBH, this was a smash hit for an urban lead single. It reached top 20 on pop radio without any promotion besides the grammy performance. This was not a flop single at all. It's actually a signature hit. 

Partition - Released to Urban and Rhythmic Radio

Hot 100 - #23

R&B/Hip Hop Airplay - #3

Rhythmic Songs - #7

This was not a flop song. It was not released to pop radio and it could not had fairly entered the top ten on Hot 100 tbh. Given that it was released urban and rhythmic  and it reached top ten on its promoted radio formats, the song was a hit. 

Pretty Hurts - Released to Urban and Rhythmic Radios. Pop Radio release cancelled.

Hot 100 - #113

R&B/Hip Hop Airplay - #27

Rhythmic Songs - #33

This was a flop single. The song's music video was released two months before radio release and it missed streaming points to chart on the hot 100. The song was released in the summer - the song is too mellow to be a hit in the summer. The radio is playing uptempo songs that season. TBH - the song was mismanaged and the pop radio release cut ALOT of possible radio points to chart higher on Hot 100. 

Flawless(Remix) - Released Urban and Rhythmic Radio

Hot 100 - #76

R&B/Hip Hop Airplay - #5

Rhythmic Songs - #14

This song was a hit. Not a smash urban hit but a regular urban hit. This song was also mismanaged. They never released the remix as a digital sale on Itunes or Amazon etc. so that cut A LOT of digital points to chart higher on Hot 100. They also released the music video a weeks after the radio release. 

Now based on the comments, Drunk In Love is the only song being mentioned for the nominations and that song was not a flop single. It reached #2 on Hot 100. And her album is 2X Platinum in the U.S.A. so she is relevant in terms of nominations being mentioned. 

Lady Gaga's ARTPOP and Cheek To Cheek album and singles are not really relevent based on the comments. Applause was the only mainstream hit on ARTPOP and that's ineligible this year. DWUW was moderate considering it being a mainstream radio and digital release.  And Cheek To Cheek has low album sales as well as ARTPOP and it's singles have little chance to enter hot 100. In realiity, Lady Gaga is overrated THIS YEAR in terms in grammy nominations, I don't see what's up with all the hype. ARTPOP's era has ended and Cheek To Cheek will be put in the Jazz nominations. It will not see the the big nominations. 

:manicure:  :manicure:  :manicure:  :manicure:  :manicure:

Do I have any disagreements?

Yes lol..Beyonce as an album was really successful ONLY because of the commercial trick they did with its release...You call Partition a hit which wasn't even platinum in US but you call Do What U Want "moderate" when it sold almost as much as Drunk In Love..Applause ,even if it peaked lower than Drunk In Love on hot 100 it is way more successful in term of sales.!Also Cheek to Cheek is amazingly successful for a jazz album .It hit #1 and stayed on top five for 3 weeks.That's amazing...So:Beyonce's singles DID flop in general and the album was only successful because of the hype and the trick...I love Beyonce so much but I was seriously VERY dissapointed by Beyonce (album).Every song in it is weak

Pierre

It's pretty sure to say thay Queen B is going to win AOTY, BEYONCÉ was one week that changed music, but yeah, only one week of buzz. :ohwell:

The rest is a mistery, many great songs this year, very different, but at the same time nothing really big.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

All I want for Christmas is that Mariah gets nominated for Album Of The Year for MIAMTEC. That album deserves the nomination although I know it will not win. Hope YDKWTD and The Art Of Letting Go win in the category it was sent in. The stupidity of the label when they decided to send You're Mine (Eternal) for nominations to Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best Short Music Video :air:

DarkAnatomy

The truth of the matter is that Lady Gaga is most likely to NOT receive a Grammy next year. She may even be snubbed altogether.  

If she wants to rack up the Grammy's and see that more people  hear/buy her album's, she needs a complete overhaul/re-invention. I think that what upset the General Public was that  they expected Gaga to grow and go in a different direction with ARTPOP. In the end she continued to sing about Fame, Sex, Money, Drugs, and more Sex. Then shoved "Art" iconography into the public's faces. The GP had enough. 

Personally I think she needs to drop everything she's been doing and just go back to her roots. No, not Lady Gaga: The Fame, but rather Stefani Germanotta: Red and Blue. And no, i'm not saying she needs to change her name and retire the persona of Gaga...i'm just saying she needs to be more humble and raw with her music. She can blend the two very well if she tried. 

I'm ready for RockAnthemPOPAcousticga to churn out some more You and I's/Speechless's and slay the favs. 

Psychedelic

PRISM deserves at least one win

I hope Beyonce takes several!!!

Lol no

Says the one who claims ARTPOP to be Gaga's best album :lmao:

So much of the album was filler and/or inconsistent. I never felt like the songs really belonged to a cohesive album. Once you get to Dark Horse, everything after that is essentially forgettable and blends together. But even before Dark Horse, all the songs are completely different. It's like she hit two different extremes in one album: the first seven songs are completely different and don't flow then the last half of the album all sounds the same. How does one even accomplish that?

I completely agree with you on the album not being cohesive but neither is ARTPOP, and you should give the second half a couple of more listens, my thoughts were exact before but after more listens I found that those songs are great, definitely not forgettable!  ;)

ChasingTables

The truth of the matter is that Lady Gaga is most likely to NOT receive a Grammy next year. She may even be snubbed altogether.  

If she wants to rack up the Grammy's and see that more people  hear/buy her album's, she needs a complete overhaul/re-invention. I think that what upset the General Public was that  they expected Gaga to grow and go in a different direction with ARTPOP. In the end she continued to sing about Fame, Sex, Money, Drugs, and more Sex. Then shoved "Art" iconography into the public's faces. The GP had enough. 

Personally I think she needs to drop everything she's been doing and just go back to her roots. No, not Lady Gaga: The Fame, but rather Stefani Germanotta: Red and Blue. And no, i'm not saying she needs to change her name and retire the persona of Gaga...i'm just saying she needs to be more humble and raw with her music. She can blend the two very well if she tried. 

I'm ready for RockAnthemPOPAcousticga to churn out some more You and I's/Speechless's and slay the favs.

OMFG. I never read so many facts in a post here before. Totally agree with everything you said! :applause:

PRISM deserves at least one win

I hope Beyonce takes several!!!

Says the one who claims ARTPOP to be Gaga's best album :lmao:

I completely agree with you on the album not being cohesive but neither is ARTPOP, and you should give the second half a couple of more listens, my thoughts were exact before but after more listens I found that those songs are great, definitely not forgettable! ;)

:awkney:

FameHookah

If she wants to rack up the Grammy's and see that more people hear/buy her album's, she needs a complete overhaul/re-invention. I think that what upset the General Public was that they expected Gaga to grow and go in a different direction with ARTPOP. In the end she continued to sing about Fame, Sex, Money, Drugs, and more Sex. Then shoved "Art" iconography into the public's faces. The GP had enough.

This

WTF is MDNA

Archived