Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga wows Dubai with ARTPOP concert

lego

Featured Posts

Cheering fans, or “Little Monsters†as they are known, were left awestruck on Wednesday when pop star Lady Gaga shook up Dubai’s Meydan Arena.

The ARTPOP tour, which shares the name of her most recently released album, came to Dubai, extravagant costumes, signature Gaga anthems, screaming fans and all.

Scheduled to begin at 9pm, Lady Gaga made her way to the stage at around 10:30 pm and greeting her fans with a personalized message: “Marhaba Dubai- My name is Lady Gaga.â€

Despite some concerns that the pop star’s notorious dress-sense could offend some fans, Gaga said she would do her best to respect the local culture.

“We will do our best to respect your culture. We are here to honor you tonight,†she declared.

But luckily for fans, that did not stop her from performing her striking choreography and exploding on to the stage dressed in her outrageously grandiose costumes.

The queen of pop’s wild outfits did not fail to disappoint; she emerged from the off stage darkness in a set of elaborate looks and performed costume changes ever few songs.

The costumes that Lady Gaga modeled each seemed to be more wacky and exciting than the next. An edgy Christmas ornament, a 1997 rave outfit and a Yayoi Kasuma costume were amongst some of the eccentric pieces she paraded in while performing.

Dancers were drenched in sequins and neon clothing, confetti streamed from different directions, all while lasers lit up the pulsating arena.

It can be said, however, that the most appealing moments of the show had little to do with her music or dance moves, but her engagement with the audience.

The self-defined misfit went out of her way to charm her fans in Dubai.

“I want to speak Arabic so bad but I’m terrible at it. I’m sorry,†the singer giggled. She left the stage saying “Shukran (thank you)… I love you Dubai.â€

“I couldn’t believe the eccentric props and the amount of detail that went into the show,†one concertgoer told Al Arabiya News. “She tried so hard to be one with us, especially when she tried and failed at speaking Arabic. The arena was just alive and full of crazy energy. It was extremely respectful and the only thing she took off this time was her wig.â€

Despite a positive atmosphere, some fans did complain about the heat as temperatures in Dubai reached 33 degrees Celsius in the evening. Although cool air was propelled into the arena by jet diffusers, the heat was still palpable.

As the tour wraps up in November, Dubai fans will have been amongst the 900,000 Gaga enthusiasts who are set to experience the tour by its end.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/life-style/entertainment/2014/09/11/Lady-Gaga-wows-Dubai-with-ARTPOP-concert.html

FreePalestine

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

An edgy Christmas ornament, a 1997 rave outfit and a Yayoi Kasuma costume were amongst some of the eccentric pieces she paraded in while performing.

The Phoenix wings a Christmas ornament? Swine outfit being from 1997? :awkney:

the most appealing moments of the show had little to do with her music or dance moves, but her engagement with the audience. The self-defined misfit went out of her way to charm her fans in Dubai.

ok...:awkney:

They threw some serious back handed compliments in there :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ok...:awkney:

Don't be so negative all the time. They called her Queen of Pop.

FreePalestine

TimisaMonster

Don't be so negative all the time. They called her Queen of Pop.

I'm literally repeating what they themselves said...how am I being negative? I read the whole thing, but I'm not blind to the obvious little shade thrown in there :smh:

Robotboy

ok... :awkney:

typical monsters to focus on the negative parts :spin:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

TimisaMonster

typical monsters to focus on the negative parts :spin:

I saw the positive, but I'm not gonna pretend like I didn't see the shade either :ohwell: That's being real

Diamond Heart

ok... :awkney:

The Swine Raver girl is inspired by late nineties raver culture though. Dont think they meant it in a bad way.

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Archived