💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicki Minaj not allowed to speak at old High School

Cersei

Featured Posts

witchcocktor

Her "something else" is charisma and a versatile voice and image.

That's not how pop music works. Gaga has said the same thing (she never got attention on her talent alone, she needed wigs and costumes and provocative dancing etc).

I don't see the charisma. She built a career out of tacky outfits, verses about disrespecting female rappers and her great (alleged) plastic surgery. This does not equal charisma to me. And her voices her voices, okay, she has versatile voices.

I don't even like The Fame, it was shallow and generic, and anything provocative that happened during that era, i didn't care for. But during TFM era (and from that point onward) I felt like there was something behind her vulgarity, something behind her provocative ways. Something artistic, maybe, she was intriguing.

With Nicki though, she doesn't present herself like there was something behind her ass shaking and vulgarity, ya dig? And that's something I like in an artist, that there's a meaning. If I want to watch sensless ass shaking I'll go watch some footage of male strippers on **** sites or something :heat:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly it's not a double standard for me... I absolutely hate what I saw of the DWUW video.

Same!!

Besides, imagine the meltdowns if Gaga came out with the Anaconda video. I bet you all wouldn't all be calling it a move of female s-xual liberation.

witchcocktor

Gaga is generally known for costumes.

Mostly because she was one of the first (if not the first) modern popstars to introduce extravagant crazy costumes to the general public, ya?

Do you know any female rappers besides Nicki lmao. Her quality verses are mostly vulgar or about disrespecting and slamming other female rappers in the game, namely Lil Kim.

Sure talented smart people can shake their asses, but usually talented people are known for their talent, not their asses. :kisses:

It's not really relevant to what we are discussing tbh, but yes I do know quite a few female rappers.

Nicki has better rhymes than the majority of rappers period. Regardless of gender. Your choosing to only view one facet of who Nicki Minaj is...

She is also the type of girl releasing songs like this as her lead single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ld-3nZUxA

She shakes her ass in her latest video and now you are claiming that is all she is known for? Please...

It speaks a lot about how easily distracted you are and how much distaste you have for s-xual women when that's the only thing you can focus on.

I mean sure, she is currently releasing her third album, has been a judge for American Idol, featured in a movie and has been a featured artist in over 50 singles because she shook her ass in a video released last month.

witchcocktor

Same!!

Besides, imagine the meltdowns if Gaga came out with the Anaconda video. I bet you all wouldn't all be calling it a move of female s-xual liberation.

the Anaconda video would be vulgar, classless and tacky coming from anyone. Even Lady Gaga.

I don't see the charisma. She built a career out of tacky outfits, verses about disrespecting female rappers and her great (alleged) plastic surgery. This does not equal charisma to me. And her voices her voices, okay, she has versatile voices.

I don't even like The Fame, it was shallow and generic, and anything provocative that happened during that era, i didn't care for. But during TFM era (and from that point onward) I felt like there was something behind her vulgarity, something behind her provocative ways. Something artistic, maybe, she was intriguing.

With Nicki though, she doesn't present herself like there was something behind her ass shaking and vulgarity, ya dig? And that's something I like in an artist, that there's a meaning. If I want to watch sensless ass shaking I'll go watch some footage of male strippers on **** sites or something :heat:

All that doesn't equal charisma, no. Her charisma does. All I can say is I never expected to become a fan but something about her has caught my attention recently (no, not her ass).

I feel the same way about The Fame and TFM. So far I'm not really impressed by Nicki's albums either, but fingers crossed for The Pink Print. I think Nicki's singles and especially features are where she's really shined so far.

You're choosing to only focus on one aspect of her work.

It's not really relevant to what we are discussing tbh, but yes I do know quite a few female rappers.

Nicki has better rhymes than the majority of rappers period. Regardless of gender. Your choosing to only view one facet of who Nicki Minaj is...

She shakes her ass in her latest video and now you are claiming that is all she is known for? Please...

It speaks a lot about how easily distracted you are and how much distaste you have for s-xual women when that's the only thing you can focus on.

I mean sure, she is currently releasing her third album, has been a judge for American Idol, featured in a movie and has been a featured artist in over 50 singles because she shook her ass in a video released last month.

but pills and potions is so weak. It flopped and BANG! She releases her ass... for the sales. 

and like I said, being famous (eg. american idol, movies, albums) doesn't mean you are a good role model for 14 year olds. 

Mostly because she was one of the first (if not the first) modern popstars to introduce extravagant crazy costumes to the general public, ya?

Sure, but the point is that contradicts what you were getting at (the idea that a genuinely talented person would be generally known for their talent above all else).

but pills and potions is so weak. It flopped and BANG! She releases her ass... for the sales.

and like I said, being famous (eg. american idol, movies, albums) doesn't mean you are a good role model for 14 year olds.

They were saying that being on American Idol means she's known for more than her ass, not that it automatically makes her a role model.

witchcocktor

I think RoxXxan and Shystie are far beyond Nicki. They even have a bearable rapping voice.

I know plenty of female artists that release songs like Pills n Potions, if by Pills n Potions you mean somehow deep and meaningful. But they aren't famous, as they don't have other contemporarys whoring them out. I'm fimilar with other music than just what is on the Billboard top 100 chart.

Well am I lying if I said that she is known for her plastic assets tbh.

And don't even. I'm not moaning about Gaga, RiRi, Beyoncé, JLo or Shakira being s-xual in their imagery, but they have goods to back it up, and I don't see them as trashy as I see Nicki, because I feel that how they present themselves and their s-xuality tasteful, classy, or has a deeper meaning to it, most of the time.

Nicki's production isn't the entertainment I go for, end of. Anaconda video was horrible and uncomfortable. Even if it was done by anyone else, even a male artist. But I could fap to a male artist shaking their ass, but i would still think it's vulgar.

But good for her for getting that moneys, I'm pressed, but I still don't think she is as amazing and talented as ya'll make her out to be. :toofunny:

Yes and it BOMBED like anything before  :toofunny:

Bambino

Not sure why she was told no, but at the same time, I'm not sure what she had to talk about in front of the students :toofunny: I like her but no. Maybe it was going to be interesting what she had in mind.

witchcocktor

All that doesn't equal charisma, no. Her charisma does. All I can say is I never expected to become a fan but something about her has caught my attention recently (no, not her ass).

I feel the same way about The Fame and TFM. So far I'm not really impressed by Nicki's albums either, but fingers crossed for The Pink Print. I think Nicki's singles and especially features are where she's really shined so far.

You're choosing to only focus on one aspect of her work.

What are the other aspects of her work. She raps, I don't like much of her rap, she acts, I didn't care for her acting, she has a clothing line or something, don't care, she strikes me as a bad ass b---h on camera, rude ass b---h off camera, and there's really ntohing that draws me to her.

But I glad you like her, I don't need to.

My point is: Nicki ain't classy and isn't as talented as some people make her out to be, AT LEAST TO ME. Anaconda is horrible and to me, ruined some of her classy image that she was building this year. She is known for her ass and her features, and sadly, she can't never put the energy she has in her features, to her actual solo production.

Bambino

Psht, Nicki is obscene, and that works for her to create buzz, cuz let's be real, if she ain't doing pop or shaking her juggernaut ass, or doing other vulgar things/singing about vulgar things, she just a decent female rapper :toofunny:

But how could that be inspiring to any student? :huh: I like Nicki but just 'cause she made it 'cause she shaked her ass off and did vulgar singing like you said doesn't mean she's an inspiration to anyone except her fans I guess. She could be, but to the point where she wants to talk in a high school? Idk what she was going to talk about.

Archived