Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicki Minaj not allowed to speak at old High School

Cersei

Featured Posts

No, singing about erotic material is trashy, whorish, and only reflects negatively on one's character as a whole. Well I mean that's only if it's not Gaga doing it, otherwise it's inspirational and shows how in touch she is with her s-xuality and her feminist pioneering ways.

Females are always derided for taking ownership of their s-xuality. This isn't a Nicki Minaj or a Gaga issue. it's a widespread issue with female artists and females in general. Madonna and Janet Jackson were the original pop girls who were labeled as trashy *****s who didn't deserve autonomy over their own decisions. Then came Britney and Christina. Nicki and Gaga are just among the next generation of girls who are aren't allowed to be s-xual without being labeled as sluts.

The conversation of what is "taking ownership" and what is "allowing yourself to be objectified" is quite different. Nicki is definitely toeing this line. :shrug:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Females are always derided for taking ownership of their s-xuality. This isn't a Nicki Minaj or a Gaga issue. it's a widespread issue with female artists and females in general. Madonna and Janet Jackson were the original pop girls who were labeled as trashy *****s who didn't deserve autonomy over their own decisions. Then came Britney and Christina. Nicki and Gaga are just among the next generation of girls who are aren't allowed to be s-xual without being labeled as sluts.

He was just making a point of how there's a double standard on this forum where whenever Gaga does something/sings something s-xual it's praised but whenever Nicki does it she's a tramp and talentless. 

He was just making a point of how there's a double standard on this forum where whenever Gaga does something/sings something s-xual it's praised but whenever Nicki does it she's a tramp and talentless. 

Well people on here will always be hypocrites, so I'm not surprised by that or expecting any change. I was commenting more on the fact that outsiders have tended to label Gaga as a talentless slut as well.

No, singing about erotic material is trashy, whorish, and only reflects negatively on one's character as a whole. Well I mean that's only if it's not Gaga doing it, otherwise it's inspirational and shows how in touch she is with her s-xuality and her feminist pioneering ways.

But correct me if I'm wrong... I don't think gaga's IMAGE is "s-xual d--g b!tch". I think her image is more like "artistically crazy free b!tch".

I dunno.

Nekij Minaj could have some great inspirational story but especially now after the release of Anaconda I can see why they didn't want to have her give a speech.

Honestly it's not a double standard for me... I absolutely hate what I saw of the DWUW video.

witchcocktor

Psht, Nicki is obscene, and that works for her to create buzz, cuz let's be real, if she ain't doing pop or shaking her juggernaut ass, or doing other vulgar things/singing about vulgar things, she just a decent female rapper :toofunny:

Most of the other pop stars can somehow back their s-xualness with something else, like idk, class, and not selling s-x for the sake of s-x, but for the sake of artistic vision. Or then just talent like singing, dancing, acting, or just being a powerful force in the industry they are in.

Psht, Nicki is obscene, and that works for her to create buzz, cuz let's be real, if she ain't doing pop or shaking her juggernaut ass, or doing other vulgar things/singing about vulgar things, she just a decent female rapper :toofunny:

Most of the other pop stars can somehow back their s-xualness with something else, like idk, class, and not selling s-x for the sake of s-x, but for the sake of artistic vision. Or then just talent like singing, dancing, acting, or just being a powerful force in the industry they are in.

I will no longer address you because there's no point in talking to someone whose opinion is so negative.

Bellatrix

Who would actually turn this down ... like what did they think she was gonna do?  :sick:

Do the Anaconda dance during the speech :derpga:

Inspired by old high school.... rejected by old high school... trashes old high school

I think the reason that they don't want her is exemplified right there. 

Just because she is famous doesn't mean that she is a good role model for kids. 

But Nicki has been slaying since before she was shaking her ass on Anaconda...

She has been successful for years and has come up with some quality versus. She is one of the most quality rappers in the game rn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3af4Gz4Daw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW9rITLjKz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxo_9KbVS0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekAXPCphKXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqHliQijgvA

So yeah, she started shaking her ass in Anaconda, I don't think that suddenly makes her untalented or suddenly makes her stupid. You can be a smart, talented person who likes to shake your butt.

Inspired by old high school.... rejected by old high school... trashes old high school

I think the reason that they don't want her is exemplified right there. 

Just because she is famous doesn't mean that she is a good role model for kids. 

She didn't trash her old school... She expressed disappointment that they wouldn't let her come back and speak to students.

witchcocktor

I will no longer address you because there's no point in talking to someone whose opinion is so negative.

Not even negative but okay. I'm not bothered by Nicki doing what she does she okay with me I just think it's ridiculous to claim that she has ALL THIS AMAZING TALENT yet she has to fall back to vulgarity and being classless to get attention on her music. You'd think being super talented would be enough to get attention lmao.

Pills n Potions flopped, Anaconda didn't, I wonder why :giggle:

Well she does have a verse "Take them to school, then I Columbine these hoes".

Her "something else" is charisma and a versatile voice and image.

Not even negative but okay. I'm not bothered by Nicki doing what she does she okay with me I just think it's ridiculous to claim that she has ALL THIS AMAZING TALENT yet she has to fall back to vulgarity and being classless to get attention on her music. You'd think being super talented would be enough to get attention lmao.

That's not how pop music works. Gaga has said the same thing (she never got attention on her talent alone, she needed wigs and costumes and provocative dancing etc).

witchcocktor

But Nicki has been slaying since before she was shaking her ass on Anaconda...

She has been successful for years and has come up with some quality versus. She is one of the most quality rappers in the game rn.

So yeah, she started shaking her ass in Anaconda, I don't think that suddenly makes her untalented or suddenly makes her stupid. You can be a smart, talented person who likes to shake your butt.

Do you know any female rappers besides Nicki lmao. Her quality verses are mostly vulgar or about disrespecting and slamming other female rappers in the game, namely Lil Kim.

Sure talented smart people can shake their asses, but usually talented people are known for their talent, not their asses. :kisses:

Sure talented smart people can shake their asses, but usually talented people are known for their talent, not their asses. :kisses:

Gaga is generally known for costumes.

Archived