Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga calls out her record label for controlling her voice

XoXoJoanneGaga

Featured Posts

BLACKOUTbritney

I always felt that she used it like she used any other instrument. It never takes away from the song, and it's not like she uses it in live performances, so I don't really see an issue with it.

:tea:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, not every vocal effect is Autotune.

I wish people would understand how auto-tune is used in modern music. It's not like Cher's Believe in every song. They slightly correct the pitch to make things sound perfect. It's pretty much automatic with a simple little plugin in the production software. IMO it does make it sound better.

Sure, it has its place. But sometimes imperfections add significant character, emotion, humanity...

Whispering

So basically this is why she always sounds better live.

:yes:

That's why you always read and hear praise about Gaga's live voice after she does an acoustic performance or something like the singing monologue on SNL. People will say they had "no idea" she could sing like that. This has been happening for years. I imagine that we will see the same types of comments when C2C starts getting some live performances. :)

Guys, not every vocal effect is Autotune.

Sure, it has its place. But sometimes imperfections add significant character, emotion, humanity...

oh, I agree! I just know people are misunderstanding what she means and it gets to me lol 

It's obvious that durng TF days she couldn't have as much freedom as she has now.

But she wasn't just talking about The Fame, she was referring to ARTPOP as well. She just said the control was worse in her early career.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Oh damn... :shocked:

She needs to EXPOSE everyone responsible easy ****ing up the Gypsy vocals, I mean :awkney:

Anyways, glad to see her 'coming out' about this. Hopefully she can slay 'em with this Classic Rock record and ha au natural vocals :legend:

Pleeeeassse I am not so secretly hoping and begging for this to be true. We need a rock album from her.. The world is not ready :giveup: :giveup:

VforVendetta

But she wasn't just talking about The Fame, she was referring to ARTPOP as well. She just said the control was worse in her early career.

The Poker Face hitmaker has accused officials at her record label of trying to "control" her early career and blames them for demanding that her singing should be made to sound more "radio-friendly".

She alleges studio staff were ordered to increase the use of pitch-tuning software to correct any imperfect singing during the early days of her career, which left her vocals sounding unnatural.

SHe is obviously refering to her latr work a bit as well but she mainly refers to her early days.

MrFameKills

And now we know why the Aura vocals were changed: To sound more radio friendly.

As far as i remember someone asked her on Twitter about it and she said "the vocals were changed because this is ME and ZEDD's vision. It's how we wanted to song to sound like.".

Which can mean 2 things - she was lying back then or she is overreacting now

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

Tbh im glad her label controlled her quite a bit. It was good music and performances

Now that she has more freedom she deteriorated

I guess the issue is shes talanted and does a better job at mainstream than other artists so i loved her. But what she really likes to do is more traditional which franqkly im just not that into :shrug:

If you believe your theory... then you don't like Gaga. You like record executives and good marketing. #YoLuvBling 

Well to me the main problem with her vocals is that i dont understand what she is trying to say most of the time e.g Donatella , MJH , Judas etc , compared to other artists their clarity is much more evident

Cody Draco

ARTPOP okay, I understand (and can hear it), but I can honestly not hear it in her early stuff. Like people have said, it's very obvious in HML, but that's it.  :shrug:

You honestly can hear it on the entire The Fame album? :awkney:

Her vocals sound really weird on ARTPOP and parts of BTW, i hope her vocals on her future albums wont be like ARTPOP

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Archived