💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Review of sims 4 (Why you should wait before buying it)

jojo Freud

Opinion of The Sims 4  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Sims 4?

• Yes, I already bought it too
    • Yes, I plan to buy it
    • Im not sure, I might wait and see
    • No, Not going to buy it
    • No, Dont care at all

Featured Posts

jojo Freud

So I had the sims 4 today and was playing it for a couple of hours and these are my experiences.

Im not going to even lie or cover up the truth but honestly this feels like a major down step to the sims 3. Some hardcore dedicated fans will argue that the game will improve due to explanation packs. The sims 3 did this, in some ways it was a step down to the sims 2 with a variety of features but most of those items missing in the sims 3 were forgotten with the vastly improved gameplay. The sims 3 had a completely open world and contained minor loading screens. This means you could explore the whole map (which is quite a lot larger in the sims 3) without requiring to load the game which saved a lot of time. In comparison, The sims 4 is not an open world, it requires you to enter a loading screen before entering a lot. For example if I would like to go to a home next to mine I would have to go over a loading screen and not be able to just walk there. This is a major decay compared to the Sims 3 and I highly doubt this will be improved with expansion packs. EA, if there is a high amount of backlash may chose to release an update to create a more open world but I highly doubt that will occur.

The second biggest disappointment to me is the fact it doesn't feel like a new game. When I entered the game it honestly felt like the sims 3 with a texture pack. It didnt feel different and it didnt have that wow factor the pervious sims games did. Sure currently the game offers a community gallery, better create a sim tools and improved (with some features missing) building tools but would you really trade that for a game that currently has no toddlers, no pools, no create a style (meaning you are locked into the designs and colours made in the game), no way to modify community lots, smaller worlds and a vast and I mean vast up to 80 features I was able to identify that were missing from the sims 4 that came from the sims 3 games and even prior to that.  I entered the game with quite a positive attitude. I made an amazing sim using the new tools to do so but once I entered everything went down hill from there. The graphics and quality of objects have hardly improved, the whole game seems way to "animated" and it doesn't seem as personal as before. The game itself seems so rushed, like no perfection was put into it and that it was just produced. For examples many icons (could be because of my large computer display) appear blurry and cropping is bad. The most annoying feature is the freaking tutorials and the fact you cant term them off.

I dont want this to be all negative so here are my positives. I love the fact that sims and multitask, they can be on the toilet and read a book. So in other worlds fulfilling two needs at once. You can sit, play a game, dance ect and still communicate to other sims in close proximity to yours. The most impressive feature for me is the create a sim and it was honestly the only reason I bought the game. The interface to create a sim is amazing, you can pull, pinch and push to completely create your own personalised sim. I also liked the way emotions acted on your sims movement and personality but thats about it.

In summary, this game has a lot to do and to grow before I think its worth that $60. If you were contemplating to download it or buy it I would recommend for you to wait. Wait for some dlc or expansion  packs to see if the game does improve.

4.5/10  :thirst: 

ThatSLAYGUY

This is a great review! Upfront and straight to the point :worship:

Although I haven't played the game (and probably never will as it isn't available on mac) but from watching Let's Plays on Youtube one thing I have noticed is the basic af toolbar! It just looks ... empty

I would love to know you thoughts on this. Does the screen feel empty to you when playing?  

jojo Freud

This is a great review! Upfront and straight to the point :worship:

Although I haven't played the game (and probably never will as it isn't available on mac) but from watching Let's Plays on Youtube one thing I have noticed is the basic af toolbar! It just looks ... empty

I would love to know you thoughts on this. Does the screen feel empty to you when playing?  

It it at first, actually that another thing I liked. I really like the new toolbar. Its very simple and easy to get to know

KaanBTW

I mostly agree.

I think they are trying to look more basic. In my opinion CAS and Built Mode look amazing. I hope after some expansion packs, we will have better selections. 

The Child

Not going to buy it until next summer so I hope it'll improve.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

LetsGetHigh

I got a pirated one just to test it out and see if it works on my laptop. It works quiet well, even with Ultra settings. When I first started the game, it promoted me to Create A Sim. I didn't play the demo they released beforehand, so I was really amazed at how smooth it is. I decided to buy it after playing for around 30 minutes. My game crashed here since I still didn't install the 1st patch, so I loaded it again and continued to play, I moved my Sim in a nice house, and wanted him to meet other Sims and what not, so I started to travel to the park, to the nightclub, gym, etc. I started re-thinking about my decision here and I realized how much of an important factor open world is.

I posted this yesterday:

First of all, the open world feature being gone is very disappointing. I really hated how I needed to make a phone call every time I wanted to go clubbing or visit a neighbor. Second, the zooming in and zooming out ways are now plain frustrating, I don't understand why would they change it from the last series. Third, I like to play by my OWN angle, the angle I prefer, not the angle that changes respectively with the zooms. Fourth, what's with the delays? Whenever I want to interact with another Sim, I need to wait a couple of seconds to choose what action I want for my Sim to do, whereas in Sims 3, the pop-up was immediate. If you really think about it, the "emotion" thing isn't really a new addition, Sims in the 3rd series always had emotions.

TheOriginalOne

Thanks for the review! I'm looking forward to playing this game but I probably won't buy it until the price goes down. Especially after reading this. Thanks again. :)

Paper Planes

I do plan on buying it because of it's optimized performance for laptops, considering The Sims 3 lags like crazy on mine. But I'm waiting for a huge discount, because there's no way I'm paying $60 for it.

delete it fat

FLOP.

Sims 3 is much better, even just the base game and if you add the expansion packs? IDK what EA were thinking

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

ThatSLAYGUY

It it at first, actually that another thing I liked. I really like the new toolbar. Its very simple and easy to get to know

Thanks  ;)

Archived