💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Is There So Much Hate For Cheek to Cheek?

pachinko

Featured Posts

Bambino

I don't hate it but I'm just that excited about it anymore. Maybe jazz isn't exactly my cup of tea, and that should be fine. Also, one of the reasons Gaga is Gaga is the visuals. And speaking about visuals, we're not really getting that much, or even any, this time.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

It wasn't an "ignorant comment". I said that because instead of have ORIGINAL songs and amazing gems like Brooklyn Nights and PARTYNAUSEOUS we have COVERS. Do you understand my point ? I know it's normal in jazz music but i'd be happier if I had an act II. 

So you don't like classic Jazz. You could say this from the beginning. This is more than understandable but it doesn't mean that we all need to complain. If it wasn't for the Jazz album you would have no music at the moment so pretend that this is the case (and even if this was not the case you and me can't change Gaga's will and we are not her to do our own will so why to complain?).

Mostly of her fans are teenagers, who doesn't like Jazz at all,  I don't like Jazz to but I respect her work and decisions she nowadays taking, certainly ARTPOP was a delusion for me, I was expecting something more, so now I'm just waiting for new music to make her boost her career and well we will see. I don't think anyone hate her for real, I think they all are a lil disappointed, that's it.

Benji

As a lot of members have already pointed out, the "hate" towards C2C is more of a disinterest than a trashing to the ground. Not to mention that some people just really don't see anything in jazz music and that doesn't mean they're immature little children or "non-entities" at all. Sure, you could try to broaden your mind but that doesn't always work out and people have the right to just not be satisfied with a jazz direction.

I get what you're saying, but the way you said it was just so rude and offensive and I have a problem with people on this forum being extremely hateful (the irony, indeed) against negative opinions about Gaga's projects. Sure, rude, harsh, pointless hatred points shouldn't be tolerated but I think your post has the same qualities. There's no point in fighting fire with fire and what I see the most is people like you generalizing everyone who complains about something Gaga-related like their opinion isn't genuine, valuable or well thought through. That's more offensive to me than saying you're just not excited about an album.

:applause:

RAMROD

Most people that did based their mysical preferences to go against it.

'I'm not into pop.'

It is pretty similiar to,

"I only eat bread, I don't care woth another source of carbs."

Rather sad and pathetic really,

But I understand many of them are young and still have lots ahead of them.

In 5 years time, so many things will happen in their life, and it will change their views of things, and they will able to be more accepting to new things that is not their taste, hopefully.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Yes it does. If you're not here for variety of musical styles etc including Jazz (which she's always done) Then why are you even pretending?

Why are you implying that I don't like more genres than pop? Gurl, the only singer I listen to that is pure commercial pop is Gaga, and I have liked everything she has done and I'm going to buy C2C. Don't assume things.

Again, it doesn't make sense. Just because someone doesn't like jazz doesn't make them less of a fan, immature or "they have Jazzphobia"... Like seriously :toofunny:

Benji

Why does everyone think if you don't like jazz you're young or immature? I don't mind jazz but I personally find most of it not interesting, including Gaga's work on C2C so far. I can hear she's got a good voice and appreciate that but I still don't have much interest in the genre.

In my opinion it's more immature to throw your toys out the pram because some people don't like what you do but hey, that's just my opinion :lolgaga:

Rollercoaster

Why are you implying that I don't like more genres than pop? Gurl, the only singer I listen to that is pure commercial pop is Gaga, and I have liked everything she has done and I'm going to buy C2C. Don't assume things.

Again, it doesn't make sense. Just because someone doesn't like jazz doesn't make them less of a fan, immature or "they have Jazzphobia"... Like seriously :toofunny:

99% of the people slating it, though, have never listened to a Jazz album in their lives. They're judging a book by it's cover (or an album by its cover) which is ridiculous after all, they're probably the ones yelling about her voice and how good it can be.

Also, I was referring to 'you' in the broader text, not you directly.

Saint Laurent

The only thing that rly annoys me is when people make threads like this, alluding to the fact that people hate something when in reality, there is absolutely no (or very little) evidence to substantiate their claims.

Bitter

I do not hate it but i couldn't care less about it's release because i'm not into this genre at all  :thirst:

99% of the people slating it, though, have never listened to a Jazz album in their lives. They're judging a book by it's cover (or an album by its cover) which is ridiculous after all, they're probably the ones yelling about her voice and how good it can be.

Also, I was referring to 'you' in the broader text, not you directly.

I have never listened to jazz before Gaga and I personally don't like it (although she made me appreciate it thanks to her voice)

Am I immature and a non-entity for not liking jazz? Tell me :toofunny:

Antichrist

It's been like this since the start of her career ffs I don't get where all these threads are coming from now. If you guys thing she'll get 'back to the top' because she's 'showcasing' her vocals with a jazz album... Sistrens no, she's been showing her vocals all the time, a jazz album wont help.

Rollercoaster

I have never listened to jazz before Gaga and I personally don't like it (although she made me appreciate it thanks to her voice)

Am I immature and a non-entity for not liking jazz? Tell me :toofunny:

Sort of. IF you haven't listened to cheek to cheek and you're judging it based on genre alone, then that's very narrow minded.

If you just don't like Jazz in general but have listened to it to find that out, then that's making a judgment based on experience.

Swings and roundabouts. But you're the exception, not the rule.

Archived