Windows 10 Discussion Thread

Henry

Featured Posts

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Henry

Why didn't I get notification yet?Ā :messga:

They seem to be rolling it out in waves so many people haven't got it yet. If you really want it now you can always download the updater thingy for yourself.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It's super easy to use, all you do is select a few options and it does the rest for you. But make sure you click upgrade.

dORI4P5.png

Ā 

@HenryĀ what do i do i wanna delete itĀ 

Where is the folder located?

tbh sometimes I can't even get folders to delete so I just hide them :laughga:

Yanko

They seem to be rolling it out in waves so many people haven't got it yet. If you really want it now you can always download the updater thingy for yourself.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

It's super easy to use, all you do is select a few options and it does the rest for you. But make sure you click upgrade.

Where is the folder located?

tbh sometimes I can't even get folders to delete so I just hide them :laughga:

in c windows oldĀ 

Henry

in c windows oldĀ 

Search for Disk Cleanu and open it (If it asks you to choose a drive choose the one you installed Windows on)

You should see a button "Clean up system files," click it (again it may ask you to choose a drive so you do the same thing)

Look for "Previous Windows installation(s)," tick the box then click OK then click delete files.

It should get deleted.

Yanko

@HenryĀ This video is unavailable with Restricted Mode enabled. To view this video, you will need to disable Restricted Mode.

what :rip:Ā Ā 

Henry

@HenryĀ This video is unavailable with Restricted Mode enabled. To view this video, you will need to disable Restricted Mode.

what :rip:Ā Ā 

YouTube?

Just scroll down to the bottom of any YouTube page and turn it off.

unnamed.png

Yanko

YouTube?

Just scroll down to the bottom of any YouTube page and turn it off.

unnamed.png

Morphine Prince

So my mom has Windows 8 and I reserved it for her yesterday and today it was ready! I upgraded it for her and played around with it and I love it. Microsoft Edge is so much better than Explorer, which was trash.Ā 

Is Word Mobile basically the same as the basic Word? Because my mom never had Office installed but I was wondering if any of you have experience using it.Ā 

I made my reservation yesterday as well but I haven't gotten a notification. It's probably because I have Windows 7. I hope Word and PP aren't changed for me though. I have them already and don't want to pay for them.Ā 

Henry

So my mom has Windows 8 and I reserved it for her yesterday and today it was ready! I upgraded it for her and played around with it and I love it. Microsoft Edge is so much better than Explorer, which was trash.Ā 

Is Word Mobile basically the same as the basic Word? Because my mom never had Office installed but I was wondering if any of you have experience using it.Ā 

I made my reservation yesterday as well but I haven't gotten a notification. It's probably because I have Windows 7. I hope Word and PP aren't changed for me though. I have them already and don't want to pay for them.Ā 

About the Word Mobile thing. You can basically get the entire Office Line (Word, Excel etc) on the store for free but it's more aimed for touchscreen users. I actually love it because it has all the basic functions and stuff. But Ā after awhile you need to buy an Office 360 subscription toĀ continueĀ to use it so I went straight back to the normal office.

And about your Word, noĀ it won't change because it's a program and all your files and programs will stay the same when you upgrade.

Benji

Posting this from Windows 10

tumblr_lt4zfab03n1qkh0dd.gif

I'm going to bed soon but I can't wait to work it out a little more. I imagine once it's been personalised a little, it's going to make using my laptop x100 easier now Windows 8 is goneĀ :woohoo:

Morphine Prince

About the Word Mobile thing. You can basically get the entire Office Line (Word, Excel etc) on the store for free but it's more aimed for touchscreen users. I actually love it because it has all the basic functions and stuff. But Ā after awhile you need to buy an Office 360 subscription toĀ continueĀ to use it so I went straight back to the normal office.

And about your Word, noĀ it won't change because it's a program and all your files and programs will stay the same when you upgrade.

That's good then. I'll stick to my regular Word then.Ā 

Windows 10 is currently downloading for me at 43%Ā 

My mom's computer took 1.5 hours but I'm guessing mine will take 2+ because I have more files and programs. Will post back here when I've used it a bit on my computer.Ā 

Morphine Prince

I love it!Ā 

I loved Windows 7, but Windows 8 was such a disappointment.Ā 

This feels like Windows 7 only even better.Ā :applause:

This is what I wanted to hear.Ā 

Updating now.Ā 

Benji

IT REINSTALLED THE HORREDNOUS SOUND DRIVE THAT MY LAPTOP CAME WITH AGAINĀ :excuseu:

Shouldn't be too hard to fix but damn. This cruddy Beats Audio and IDT HD Audio will haunt me to my graveĀ :saladga:

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived