Economy 53,187 Posted August 23, 2014 Share Posted August 23, 2014 http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/us-economy-adding-better-jobs-not-just-more-jobs The US recovery FINALLY seems to be growing sustainably as higher paying jobs are being created. For the past 5 years a major portion of the jobs being created were low paying jobs in retail and service sector and often part-time. That was raising concerns the recovery wouldnt be sustained if consumer spending was on the rise but all it resulted in was low paying jobs. For the past 6 months or so however, a lot more jobs in manufacturing, construction as well as proffessional occupancies have been created and many of them full-time suggesting the effects of a stronger economy are finally spilling into more intensive industries!40% of jobs created last month payed $20/hour or more. One of the best proportions since the recovery began in 2009! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Henry 2,374 Posted August 23, 2014 Share Posted August 23, 2014 I love your world updates Cher Keep em coming Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alexandre 88 Posted August 23, 2014 Share Posted August 23, 2014 That's amazing! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,187 Posted August 23, 2014 Author Share Posted August 23, 2014 I love your world updates Cher Keep em coming lol thanks. Not a lot of ppl do tbh I get on average 3-6 comments only on my flop threads :haha: Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Henry 2,374 Posted August 23, 2014 Share Posted August 23, 2014 lol thanks. Not a lot of ppl do tbh I get on average 3-6 comments only on my flop threads :haha: Lol np , most people probably just read them tbh Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
xzxyyxzx 116 Posted August 24, 2014 Share Posted August 24, 2014 lol thanks. Not a lot of ppl do tbh I get on average 3-6 comments only on my flop threads :haha: I appreciate them! I usually feel as if my comments aren't as intellectual and would be of no use in your threads but I always read them :) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,187 Posted August 24, 2014 Author Share Posted August 24, 2014 I appreciate them! I usually feel as if my comments aren't as intellectual and would be of no use in your threads but I always read them :) thats nice to know lol :) I like to provide news on topics i love. But sometimes im not sure if anyone cares or reads them :flop: Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,040 Posted August 24, 2014 Share Posted August 24, 2014 Where can I get one of these nice $20/hr. jobs? lol. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
betarixx 1 Posted August 24, 2014 Share Posted August 24, 2014 Do you have the statistics for which sector they are within as well as education required? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,187 Posted August 24, 2014 Author Share Posted August 24, 2014 Where can I get one of these nice $20/hr. jobs? lol. lol 40% of jobs created in the last month and more than usual in the last 6 months So these jobs still make up a small portion of the current poor job market and are not easy to find Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,187 Posted August 24, 2014 Author Share Posted August 24, 2014 Do you have the statistics for which sector they are within as well as education required?Energy sector, Manufacturing and Construction have had some decent growth which have higher paying jobs without too much education required in most cases Proffessional Services however is what has had the biggest boost as of late. Those usually requires courses tho And then of course theres the healthcase industry which is growing as the population ages. Its not just Doctors. Theres also technitians etc that pay decently in most cases Unfortunately even tho these jobs are on the rise... Low paying jobs still remain as what makes up most of the labor market Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bye 3,947 Posted August 24, 2014 Share Posted August 24, 2014 And then of course theres the healthcase industry which is growing as the population ages. Its not just Doctors. Theres also technitians etc that pay decently in most cases I need to go to the US in a year I'll be graduating as a medical lab scientist (that would be lab technologist for the US I believe [not technician, many people confuse them]). The pay is so ****ty here :giveup: Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,187 Posted August 24, 2014 Author Share Posted August 24, 2014 I need to go to the US in a year I'll be graduating as a medical lab scientist (that would be lab technologist for the US I believe [not technician, many people confuse them]). The pay is so ****ty here in most developed Countries jobs related to health are on the rise Of course in the US it pays more because they have a private system Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Spyro 8,438 Posted August 25, 2014 Share Posted August 25, 2014 lol thanks. Not a lot of ppl do tbh I get on average 3-6 comments only on my flop threads :haha: I appreciate them. I always read, but never comment because I usually 99% of the time don't know what to add to the discussion. Spyro the Dragon Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evan Peters 10,796 Posted August 25, 2014 Share Posted August 25, 2014 Isn't that just going to increase inflation? emma roberts is an abuser Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.