What are you most excited for  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most excited for

• New iPads
    • New 5K iMac
    • OS X 10.10 'Yosemite' release

Featured Posts

Prismatic

You can always cancel the order (if it hasn't shipped) and pick one up from another store :yes:

I didn't know that :omg: Thanks for telling me :hug: You're definitely my new favorite member on here :hor:

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know that :omg: Thanks for telling me :hug: You're definitely my new favorite member on here :hor:

You're welcome :hug: I like you a lot too :fan:

I have no idea why people choose ATT, Verizon, Sprint and all the other contract companies

If you live in an urban area, it does not matter what carrier you have, I have a perfect LTE network in my city from Virgin Mobile, and I have iPhone 5S, pay just $30 for unlimited data Boost Mobile has $35 plan with 1 GB of data and unlimited calling. Like what else do you need? You are overpaying hundreds of dollars in those big companies  And I buy the phone once, and it is mine, I can sell it if I want to, not have this damn contract for 2 years and overpay like $1000 in 2 years. 

It has been less than 2 weeks since the announcement of iPhone 6, and Boost Mobile is going to sell new iPhones probably this week!

I know! :giveup: Well Boost doesnt work here... Neither does virgin mobile, sprint, or T-Mobile....

Sprint has AMAZING plans, but coverage is so ****ty, youre playing russian roulette with your service if you leave your hometown :toofunny:

Only one that works here is Straight Talk, which is alright with me and all... But like, I hate how you can only get 16GB iPhones and what not :messga: they never carry anything with bigger storage, at least most of the time... Virgin Mobile might be different. I'd go with ST if they had 64GB 6's tbh... :giveup: AT&T is my LAST choice.

FUN FACT: Kinda off topic but, has to do with AT&T. kinda long lol

by the way, a representative told me at work yesterday, (well hes not really a rep, but he started out that way. he now installs U-Verse for people) but told me that they've started this REALLY shady practice where when you get AT&T service with your internet. They take out all the copper wires out so you're stuck with fiber optic, which means you can only get AT&T service, it disables youre home from ever receiving any other service :wtf: I dont know how true that is, or what it entails but it was something he told me... Which would make sense. People/customers come into work talking about how they aren't able to get internet service from anyone else, other than AT&T and I've started asking if they've had AT&T  service before and they say yes.... REALLY ****ty if this is true.

Not my experience, so I don't really know all this tech talk just something they told me... Lol

Got my iPhone 6, and for the first time an white iPhone, with 128GB. Its just so good, i come from 4S so it was a big step and i love everything about it.  :wub:

LORD GAGA

Yosemite Public Beta 4 IS OUT NOW!!! Downloading as i type this! :D

Finally got my iPhone 6 plus space gray 64gb. Took long enough

Slay! :whitney:

Got my iPhone 6, and for the first time an white iPhone, with 128GB. Its just so good, i come from 4S so it was a big step and i love everything about it.  :wub:

Ohhh nice! I got the 6+ Space Grey 128GB (only because i like the screen and besel to be black :emma:

Apple is planning to offer its new 9.7-inch iPad, which has thus far been known as the iPad Air 2 unofficially, in a gold color choice in addition to the already available silver and space gray variations, reports Bloomberg. The new option would bring the iPad up to color parity with its iPhone models, which have been offered in three colors since last year's iPhone 5s.

ipad_air_touch_id_mockup_2.jpg

New versions of the company’s 9.7-inch iPads, anticipated to be unveiled this month, will include gold as a choice of color for the rear metal cover, adding to the silver and gray available for the lighter iPad Air, the people said, asking not to be identified ahead of an announcement. That brings the color palette into line with the iPhone 5s, which come with silver or gold backs for models with a white faceplate, and space gray for those with a black front.
Bloomberg's sources indicate that the new color choice may be an attempt to boost iPad sales, which dropped slightly in the past year. CEO Tim Cook previously said the iPad sales dip was a "speed bump".

In early September, KGI Securities a--lyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted that Apple would announce an iPad Air 2 with a gold option amongst other features like an anti-reflective display and the Touch ID Home button.

---

Not sure how I'd feel about a gold iPad :emma:

Mythos

Ohhh nice! I got the 6+ Space Grey 128GB (only because i like the screen and besel to be black :emma:

6+ was a bit to big for me, and i don't know why, but i didn't like the black colour on iPhone6, and i always had just black iPhones.

Bellatrix

Yosemite Public Beta 4 IS OUT NOW!!! Downloading as i type this! :D

Yaay! Is it good?

Can't wait till the official final version is released :excited2:

Apple has released a new Activation Lock Status tool that will make it easier for people buying a used iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to avoid getting a device that is locked to another user.

Accessible via iCloud.com, the Activation Lock Status Checker allows users to enter a Device IMEI or Serial number to check whether a device has Activation Lock turned on.

checkactivationlockstatus.jpg

Activation Lock was introduced alongside iOS 7 and is designed to prevent iPhones and iPads from being stolen. When Find My iPhone is enabled, it effectively locks an iOS device to a user's Apple ID account, and even when wiped, the device will require the original Apple ID and password.

Activation Lock has cut down on iPhone-related thefts in major cities, but it has also affected users who purchase an iOS device used. If Activation Lock is enabled, a used iOS device will be entirely useless until unlocked by the original owner.

If an iOS device does have Activation Lock enabled, Apple's tool will give users a clear warning that an Apple ID and password will be required before another user can activate the device. It also provides instructions on how to remove Activation Lock from a used device, which requires contacting the previous owner.

activationlockon.jpg

Anyone who is purchasing or selling a used iOS device should find Apple's new tool very useful, as it can be used before a transaction takes place to ensure the iOS device will be usable by the new owner.

--

Great move tbh

Okay, so... I ordered my iPhone 6 4.7 64GB over a week ago... and it still hasn't shipped... Is that weird at all? Or... did some of ya'll have this same experience.

(it isnt the plus its just the regular 6 :shrug: )

beats.png

Apple is asking music labels to cut prices on music streaming subscription services so that it can offer its new, revamped Beats Music service for less than $10 a month, reports Re/code. The Cupertino company is also looking to add new features to the service.

Sources say Apple is talking to the big music labels about a new set of rights and features it would like to include in a revamped version of the Beats Music service it bought earlier this year. Among the things Apple wants is a new pricing structure that would allow it to sell the service for less than the $10 level it’s at now.

Apple isn't planning on overhauling Beats Music until next year, and discussions with music labels are in early stages. In late September, it was rumored that Apple was planning on introducing a revamped Beats Music in early February, presumably timed to debut alongside the Grammy Awards on February 8.

The company has tried to undercut competitors with music rates before, trying to pay half the royalty rate that Pandora paid while in negotiations for what would become iTunes Radio in early 2013.

Re/code notes that music executives were once worried about streaming services cannibalizing CD music sales but eventually agreed to deals with streaming services, which some music industry observers feel is priced too high as the market for consumers who want to pay $10 a month to stream music is limited. In August, a report from Midia Research suggested only 25 percent of consumers pay $10 for music every three months.

Apple is planning to hold its next fall event on Thursday, October 16, where it is expected to introduce new iPads, reports Re/code. The company is also expected to introduce new Retina iMacs and release OS X Yosemite to the public.

ipad-air1.jpg

According to the site, the iPad event will be more low-key than its September iPhone event, and it will be held at the company's Town Hall Auditorium.

Apple has a few more new products to unveil before the year is out, and it plans to show them off in a couple weeks. Sources tell Code/red the company will hold its next special event on Thursday, Oct. 16 -- not the 21st. Headlining the gathering: The latest updates to its iPad line, along with those new iMacs that 9to5Mac told us about earlier this week. Also: OS X Yosemite.

Apple's next-generation iPad Air and iPad Retina mini are both expected to come with updated processors and support for Touch ID, the fingerprint first sensor introduced with the iPhone 5s. The iPad Air may also come in a gold color variation, and it may include a new anti-reflective laminated display.

The Retina iMac, which may come with a "5K" resolution of 5120 x 2880, may be available only in 27-inches and it may also feature AMD graphics. It is expected to use a Haswell processor, as next-generation Broadwell processors for the iMac won't be available until 2015.

-----

Omg so close :giveup:

• Haroon unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived