1. 1. What are you most excited for

• New iPads
    • New 5K iMac
    • OS X 10.10 'Yosemite' release

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New photos of various components said to be from the iPhone 6 have been shared by Nowhereelse.fr, giving us a glimpse at both internal and external parts to be used in the device.

Ā 

ne_iphone6_trayshome-800x666.jpg

Ā 

The first set of images show SIM card trays and home buttons in a range of three different colors, which may indicate that the iPhone 6 will keep the same space grey, gold, and silver options from the iPhone 5s. This is in line with a previous leaks, including one from last month which also showed SIM trays in three different colors. The SIM trays shown in the photos also appear to be slightly curved, and was likely designed with the iPhone 6's thinner, rounded chassis in mind.

Ā 

ne_iphone6_embeddedlogo-800x666.jpg

Ā 

Another set of photos shows the embedded Apple logo, which has also surfaced in other leaks. However, Nowhereelse indicates that the logo scratches under regular pressure with a knife, and contrasts prior speculation that the logo was made of scratch-resistant metal. Apple has not used an embedded Apple logo on its mobile devices since the original iPhone back in 2007.

Ā 

ne_iphone6_motorspeaker-800x334.jpg

Ā 

Finally, the last set of photos show the internal speaker and vibrator motor of the iPhone 6. Both components appear to be different than their predecessors found in the iPhone 5s, as the internal speaker appears to be larger while the vibrator motor now sports a rectangular design.

Ā 

According to Re/code, Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 6 on Tuesday, September 9. It is likely that the 4.7-inch version of the device will go on sale about a week later, while the 5.5-inch version may be released at a later time due to production delays. A report yesterday from Re/code also stated that Apple will unveil a wearable device at the event.

As noted by The Loop, Apple today issued media invitations to the previously rumored September 9 event where the company is expected to show off not only the iPhone 6 but also its first wearable device, popularly referred to as the iWatch. The invitations carry the tagline "Wish we could say more."

Ā 

9_9_14_event_big.jpg

Ā 

The event will take place at 10:00 AM Pacific Time at the Flint Center for the Performing Arts on the campus of De Anza College in Cupertino.

Rollercoaster

Yawn. When will they just get over releasing the same thing over and over again? Just stop being Nicki Minaj.

Yawn. When will they just get over releasing the same thing over and over again? Just stop being Nicki Minaj.

'Same thing'

Apple today issued invitations for its upcoming iPhone 6 event on September 9, which is also said to include its much-anticipated wearable device. According to the invitations, Apple is planning to host the event at the Flint Center for the Performing Arts at De Anza College in Cupertino, the same location where Steve Jobs introduced the original Mac 30 years ago.

Ā 

For the occasion, it appears that Apple has been building a massive structure on the campus, which has been kept under tight wraps with a white barricade. A MacRumors reader has sent in images of a mysterious structure at the Flint Center, which appears to span three stories and is protected by "scads" of security people. Administrators had previously declined to comment on what the structure is for, stating only "We are not at liberty to discuss that due to client wishes."

Ā 

Ā 

flintcenter.jpg

Image of mysterious structure taken on August 20

Ā 

Apple has not held an event at the Flint Center in many years, so the company's return to the site of the original Mac unveiling suggests its upcoming announcement will be a major one. The Flint Center has a much higher seating capacity than other venues where Apple has unveiled products in the past, including the Yerba Buena Center and its own Cupertino campus.

Ā 

Earlier this year, Apple iTunes chief Eddy Cue said that Apple's got the "best product pipeline" he'd seen in his 25 years at the company in the works, and Tim Cook promised "really great stuff" in new product categories.

Ā 

Despite the cryptic "Wish we could say more" message on the media invitations, rumors have suggested Apple is planning to unveil both the iPhone 6 and a new wearable device at the September 9 event.

Ā 

Ā 

------------

Ā 

Oh boy this is gonna be huge

I see what you did thereĀ TLdLOPR.png

Alien Tulip

The sides look so ugly from what I can tell in the "leaked" photos and why are they getting bigger? Looks like the old iphone from 2007. I'll stick to my 5s :awkney:

The sides look so ugly from what I can tell in the "leaked" photos and why are they getting bigger? Looks like the old iphone from 2007. I'll stick to my 5s :awkney:

I'd say it looks more like a smaller iPad mini. They're making it bigger because customers want it bigger, every direct competitor has at least a 5" screen.

RAMROD

Apple fans before the iPhone 6:

"OMG WHY DO WE WANT BIGGER SCREENS? WE DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE WE HAVE ANDROIDS, 4 INCHES IS PERFECT BLAHBLAHBLAH"

Apple fans after the iPhone 6:

"OMG I LOVE THIS HUGE SCREEN, IT'S SO INNOVATIVE AND BIG AND SHINY!"

BJOdyCC.gif

Bookmark this post

True :lmao:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Juanjo

Excited, and not. I won't get my hopes up and expect anything really new.

I'll still buy the iPhone 6, though. :)

I just bought a 5s. ****

You might be able to get an iPhone 6 free if its released in less than 30 days of your purchase.

I'd say it looks more like a smaller iPad mini. They're making it bigger because customers want it bigger, every direct competitor has at least a 5" screen.

It thought the same thing it looks like a smaller iPad mini all of their devices have the same look now.

• Haroon unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived