💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga is killing her own fantasy

Rome

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

Who she was at 21 isn't who she is at 27. I understand that. She grew up. So I'm not discrediting authenticity at all, I just feel more connected to her older work. Art and music will always be subjective so there will always be different opinions which I don't mind discussing I just wish some in this fan base could show the same respect to a view that doesn't mirror theirs. Not saying you did that, just a general observation :)

:yes: Well, I hope you found my post to be fairly worded and level-headed.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Future Lover

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'll love her and support her with all my heart, but I would give anything for her to go back to her old persona. It seems like once she broke her hip everything changed.

I miss the BTW era when she'd put effort into her fashion and not just walk out on the sidewalk with her wig off and a flannel. Part of the whole Gaga-mystique was wondering what outfit she'd wear next. What ever happened to her saying she'd never be seen without high heels on? During this era she was sloppily lazy when it came to outfits.

I miss when her whole team was the top of the line at what they do (Nicola, Nick Knight, Dada, Boomkack). Sorry but Richy and Tara and Freddy just aren't cutting it. 

I think the thing I miss most of all was her secludedness. I absolutely hate how she's become "friends" with fans. This is what's destroying the fanbase. No one even cares about Gaga herself now, it's more "How many times can I see her in one day" type of thing. I miss when she separated her professional and personal lives. Nowadays it's a mix between the two.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her where she is. She's probably the happiest she's been in a LONG time. I just wish there was some sort of compromise that could work, but I feel that it's too late.

The fact that people like her because she's "weird" bothers and worries me. Like, did you honestly expect her to keep up with that act forever? It's been obvious from the start that even though her philanthropy is sincere, all the outfits and music videos are fabricated to grab attention. I have no doubt that se enjoys her fashion, but it's still all formulated to turn heads and give her constant attention. 

Alien Tulip

I lived for the DWUW performances and some of her vocals during performances. Her voice is stellar and a class all in it's own so she will never bore me...she just doesn't excite me. Does that make sense? And I listen to TF mainly. Idk why it's being labeled as basic when it came out and revolutionized and galvanized the pop scene. I still think it sounds as fresh as ever

Agree. ARTPOP is probably the most "basic" of her discography

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP6llF3sFgo

I don't see anything here that isn't authentically Stefani. There is no character present.

Benji

I don't see anything here that isn't authentically Stefani. There is no character present.

Seriously? They literally refer to "Lady Gaga" multiple times in the third person like she is a character. Watch it again and listen to what they're saying :Emma:

See, the enigma aspect bothered me because not only did it come off as a transparent affectation, but the music was incredibly radio-safe and, imho, didn't match her persona. I much these days: open-hearted, openly artistic, and edgy, but the latter in a way that feels completely authentic. She has the same passion for music, theatre, fashion, us, but clearly doesn't feel obligated to keep the world at arm's distance anymore.

:applause:    Brilliant.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Seriously? They literally refer to "Lady Gaga" multiple times in the third person like she is a character. Watch it again and listen to what they're saying :emma:

I'm not talking about "Lady Gaga" as she appears in the music video, and you aren't either (although that probably would have been a better argument) since you posted the behind the scenes. I am saying that in this video, Lady Gaga is not acting like a character at all, she is being open and genuine and the supposed aura of mystery that people so desperately miss is nowhere to be seen.

:blehga:

Benji

I'm not talking about "Lady Gaga" as she appears in the music video, and you aren't either (although that probably would have been a better argument) since you posted the behind the scenes. I am saying that in this video, Lady Gaga is not acting like a character at all, she is being open and genuine and the supposed aura of mystery that people so desperately miss is nowhere to be seen. :blehga:

People are talking about Gaga as a character though (if you reed last couple of pages) and you can tell she's completely changed even in the behind the scenes. :messga:

I don't understand how you can even begin to argue that she hasn't changed when her direction, intention and actions have all completely changed to coincide with each album? Watch some of her interviews throughout her career as I guess you haven't seen many already. In The Fame era she was very outgoing but held of information back, The Fame Monster she explained some of her darker past, Born This Way she expressed her opinion on matters openly and reached out to her fans and in ARTPOP she talks about art and the industry.

People are talking about Gaga as a character though (if you reed last couple of pages) and you can tell she's completely changed even in the behind the scenes. :messga:

I don't understand how you can even begin to argue that she hasn't changed when her direction, intention and actions have all completely changed to coincide with each album? Watch some of her interviews throughout her career as I guess you haven't seen many already. In The Fame era she was very outgoing but held of information back, The Fame Monster she explained some of her darker past, Born This Way she expressed her opinion on matters openly and reached out to her fans and in ARTPOP she talks about art and the industry.

Ugh, I have not said she hasn't changed. I simply said "Lady Gaga," as an entity, has never been a character. Ziggy Stardust, was a character. Since you are making assumptions about me, I am going to assume you don't know who Ziggy Stardust is, so you can go Google it if you like and see what makes up a character.

Holding back information does not make one a character. And just because "people are talking about Lady Gaga as a character" does not make it scripture. Might as well quote Twitter.

Benji

Ugh, I have not said she hasn't changed. I simply said "Lady Gaga," as an entity, has never been a character. Ziggy Stardust, was a character. Since you are making assumptions about me, I am going to assume you don't know who Ziggy Stardust is, so you can go Google it if you like and see what makes up a character.

Holding back information does not make one a character. And just because "people are talking about Lady Gaga as a character" does not make it scripture. Might as well quote Twitter.

Watch the behind the scenes I posted, they refer to Lady Gaga as a character, even the lady herself. Mess

For god sakes how can you think Lady Gaga is not a character?

Salvador Dali

The fact that people like her because she's "weird" bothers and worries me. Like, did you honestly expect her to keep up with that act forever? It's been obvious from the start that even though her philanthropy is sincere, all the outfits and music videos are fabricated to grab attention. I have no doubt that se enjoys her fashion, but it's still all formulated to turn heads and give her constant attention.

This.

Archived