💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'I Wanna Be With You' was changed into 'Dope' for a reason

HausOfMark

Featured Posts

Robinladen

So was Applause....

I don't need two songs on the album about how Gaga loves her fans, sorry  :ohwell:

IWBWY is more about Taylor than her fans tho.

I'll write hit songs about you

No matter how we'll get through

I'll keep on singing for a living, but I wanna be in love

And I wanna be with you

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

I still prefer I Wanna Be With U

iyvM96Xlp0VaW.gif

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

RodeckDanny

Idk I wanna be with you brings so nice feelings to me, I really really want a studio version of this song and I will prefer it rather than dope. 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Jewels n Drugs

Interscope needs to stop.....like let the girl do what she wants  :roll:

Edit: I mean I like dope but still :fat:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

are crippling d--g addictions really more commonplace than strained relationships  :awkney:

edit: either way theyère both good songs

:oops:  kids 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i prefer the line 'I wanna be with you' to 'I need you more than dope' as it fits better and flows better and doesn't sound gimmicky

aaronyoji

Well I was listening to iwbwy earlier and idk... Dope is a Bit better in terms of it flow, and the lyrical composition fits better in the timing. I do like iwbwy lyrics too tho. As a fan it's very personal and the references to the stage, born this way line, there's something sweet about it. But at the same time dope can be relatable too. You don't have to be a recovering d--ggie to get the metaphor. Idk I'd be fine with either. The dope single cover kicks ass tho. It made me shocked, uncomfortable, it was released on Halloween too

Miel

I thought she explained this back at Howard Stern in November? I think it should be the other way around.

The label really liked IWBWY, and went on and on about how it's perfect for the album because "people love ballads, it's in right now", and I guess that kind of grinded Gaga's gears. She said something about "you want a ****ing ballad I'll give you a ****ing ballad" and gave Dope.

Definitely a sign of rebellion.

3 points in and ready for more

I agree with this change. I prefer Dope.

So Interscope is saying that most people have a d--g addiction :dies:

everyone has their demons 

katyperry2

The pain? It does make sense, it's just down for interpretation. What's wrong with "it"? Can we not appreciate a little bit of a vague lyric which leads to discussion? :awkney::rip:

Well im just saying I like Dope better cuz it makes more sense and is less like, I don't even know how to explain it

One Five Ten

Dope is SO much better than IWBWU, IWBWU had some great lyrics but Dope SLAYS. And it is more relatable. IWBWU could be taken to be about a relationship but it really just seemed like Gaga wrote it for her fans about their relationship. Dope is relatable because it's about fixing yourself to make yourself worthy for the one you love, not in a way where they're too good for you but in a way that they could leave if you don't change your behaviour. I think all relationships go through that, the d--g thing is just a way of telling that story.

The song changed from the worst of Swinefest to one of the best of ARTPOP, tbh.

Archived