• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MetalHausOfJosh

• Doogi

• JEANBO

• Kyle

god im so pissed there isnt going to be SP DLC :cryga: 

praying that the sequel comes sooner than we had to wait for this one,

btw has anyone else bought the art of survival book? the old oni concepts were AMAZING!

Hexxx

LOL i didn't know they had a video game thread of Tomb Raider. man i love that game. i never played the first 3 but i've played anniversary, Legend, and underworld. underworld had beautiful visuals and story but man did the gameplay have boring and fustrating momments. Legend was my favorite tho

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• 3 months later...

Tomb raider legends was my favorite. Underworld was boring at times and it was a major headache with the puzzles

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who played the game wanna share thoughts about it? :party:

As a long time tomb raider fan, after all the hype has died own and I have played it over a few times, I still think it is an awesome game. Just not an awesome Tomb Raider.

The Bad- Puzzles were so easy they could be solved by a 4 year old, story was rather generic and characters felt 2d (Lara being the exception to this)

But don't let that put you off!

The good- Gunplay feels organic and fresh, Lara feels weighty and powerful but still young and inexperienced. The environments are stunning and the game uses them in some great action and traversal sequences.

The graphics are some of the best on current gen consoles and after playing through a good 3 times and putting in 10-20 hours each time, I have only encountered 2-3 minor bugs that don't affect gameplay :)

So all in all a great game, but if you played the old tomb raiders and that is what you expect, you will be a little disappointed :)

I'm also big TR fan and I think this game is big step into right direction. They should just polish some things, add something new and cut out some combat and it would make awesome TR game. :)

Oh, and next TR will probably be next gen! :party: Which means detailed places. And more realistic boobs. :derpga:

As a long time tomb raider fan, after all the hype has died own and I have played it over a few times, I still think it is an awesome game. Just not an awesome Tomb Raider.

The Bad- Puzzles were so easy they could be solved by a 4 year old, story was rather generic and characters felt 2d (Lara being the exception to this)

But don't let that put you off!

The good- Gunplay feels organic and fresh, Lara feels weighty and powerful but still young and inexperienced. The environments are stunning and the game uses them in some great action and traversal sequences.

The graphics are some of the best on current gen consoles and after playing through a good 3 times and putting in 10-20 hours each time, I have only encountered 2-3 minor bugs that don't affect gameplay :)

So all in all a great game, but if you played the old tomb raiders and that is what you expect, you will be a little disappointed :)

Oh, and next TR will probably be next gen! :party: Which means detailed places.

Crystal Dynamics confirmed the next Tomb Raider will be next gen! :party:

I have a feeling that Crystal might be more daring with the next game, great foundations have been laid, now all they have to do is turn up the ante :)

But I die a little every time it look through The Art Of Survival book and see "Ascension" concepts :cryga:

The videos we got of it slayed my poor body, hopefully the concepts get recycled for another game ...

One can only pray :cry:

Crystal Dynamics confirmed the next Tomb Raider will be next gen! :party:

I have a feeling that Crystal might be more daring with the next game, great foundations have been laid, now all they have to do is turn up the ante :)

But I die a little every time it look through The Art Of Survival book and see "Ascension" concepts :cryga:

The videos we got of it slayed my poor body, hopefully the concepts get recycled for another game ...

One can only pray :cry:

Yees, Ascension would be awesome game, with a bit of changes that would be awesome TR game. I also hope they recycle the concepts and make some original IP.

I also agree about Crystal being more daring. They got public's eye on Lara again. They need to take some risks and make hit game so Lara returns to her throne. :party:

Best game I've bought of the year so far.

But I am curious about something - spoilers ahead for those of haven't got all the way to the end......!

Does anyone else think the ending would have been better if Sam died? I know that was what was meant to happen originally, but as much as I love Lara and Sam's relationship, I feel like it would have better set up the Lara of the other games (this being a prequel and all..) if her best friend had died on Yamati. 

Edited by Minimo

• 4 weeks later...

oh good god a tomb raider thread. tr is the best series ever i love it since im a little child and played every single game <3

i think the ending would have been better if himiko wouldve been a real bossfight, maybe in sams body, idc. the end of the game was just not epic enough because the finale was over way too soon

Edited by Sadira
You will learn respect!

Best game I've bought of the year so far.

But I am curious about something - spoilers ahead for those of haven't got all the way to the end......!

Does anyone else think the ending would have been better if Sam died? I know that was what was meant to happen originally, but as much as I love Lara and Sam's relationship, I feel like it would have better set up the Lara of the other games (this being a prequel and all..) if her best friend had died on Yamati. 

I think Sam should have die in the game, it wouldn't be typical happy ending and that would definately leave scar on Lara's personality. :)