Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV on Katy Perry's new video: Her ARTPOP could mean anything

Henry

Featured Posts

Levine

Poor ARTPOP being compared to Katy Perry

It's insulting indeed. 

so because katy won this era we arent allowed to criticise the dress and her current choices? or comment on an article that made a reference on Gaga? sorry but thats one of the most supid things ive read in this forum, and thats saying a lot

:lmao:

The lies about the tour too  :dies:  why don't people just get the **** out of here and go to stan for Katy? 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so because katy won this era we arent allowed to criticise the dress and her current choices? or comment on an article that made a reference on Gaga? sorry but thats one of the most supid things ive read in this forum, and thats saying a lot

All of you acting this bitter towards Katy is the most stupid things I have read on the forum

All of you are acting like children it's shocking.

GGD is so pressed omg  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: 

They really are and they don't like to admit that,

But Instead try to come up with an excuse to make out they aren't pressed.

:smh:

Bradley

The comparisons since Roar VS Applause

Unconditionally VS Do What U Want

G.U.Y. VS Birthday

Prism VS ARTPOP

ARTRAVE VS PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR

Katy's dog (I don't know the name) VS Asia

let's see if Anything Goes gets compared to This Is How We Do, anything is possible

Katy clearly has little to no control over her artistic direction because her label is forcing her to remain with this image in order to boost sales without alienating the public with a complete image makeover, and the way people belittle Katy as if they themselves are personally or artistically superior is laughable when they fail to comprehend that simple concept.

For people that blame Interscope for Gaga's shortcomings in artistry and chart success, you're sure quick to give Katy all the credit for the lackluster material that she's been putting out recently. Especially when those same people are the first to claim that Katy barely writes any of her material! That seems to be a very selective way of placing blame and credit, in a way that, shocker, fits right in with this simple method of hating Katy! For people that say she has so little involvement in their writing, as you all say, you seem to have a lot of confidence in the idea that her tour props/photoshoots/music videos are all the result of her mastermind creativity! Translation? "Her mistakes are all her fault and her successes are all because of her team."

But that's exactly why she's not an artist. Gaga would rather end her career and kill her commercial success than put out something she's not passionate about or be forced to behave/look a certain way. DWUW video, all her speeches/behaviour at SXSW... She'd rather die than be told who to be. Gaga risked it ALL with Born This Way, she took the risk of "alienating the public with a complete image makeover" but it was true to her and it was important. Hell, Gaga does a complete image makeover every week now.

I don't blame Katy only for her failures, I blame her for her whole career. God, Prism is her third album, she shouldn't be a puppet anymore. Don't say she's forced to do anything, don't use those excuses, you always have the choice to do your own thing. Your team is here to guide you and help you achieve your vision, not dictate who you are.

This quote sums up everything:

"Katy Perry isn't "Woman Of The Year" because she's made any great strides for her gender, or questioned her position in popular culture, or challenged the dominant social structures in her life. She's "Woman Of The Year" because she's done the exact opposite on all counts. She's been quiet, complacent, and pretty, and she's made her executives and managers millions of dollars in the process. She's the version of "woman" the industry wants her to be - that is, the exact opposite of a healthy role model for young girls."

ARTPOP promo and singles are a mess because of Gaga's rebelious spirit. It sure pisses me off that ARTPOP didn't get the success it deserved because of internal sabotage but I totally respect Gaga for having integrity. If a Katy single doesn't do good, a next one with full visuals and video is out within days. It's a factory, nothing is thoughtout or researched in any way by Katy, it's absolutely not possible. It's shallow and an empty spectacle and that's why she will never be worth my time as long as she doesn't put out something that is true to her.

Also, just gonne leave this here:

18k1w9zode16kjpg.jpg

She chose to Piet Mondrian for inspiration? As much as I love his work, the De Stijl style is hardly ground-breaking in the art world.

ThatSLAYGUY

How did she go from 'My next album PRISM will be darker' and burning her cotton candy wig to

THIS

katy-perry-this-is-how-we-do-second-teas

Omg exactly, I was really disappointed with the PRISM era  :crossed:

Chic

But that's exactly why she's not an artist. Gaga would rather end her career and kill her commercial success than put out something she's not passionate about or be forced to behave/look a certain way. DWUW video, all her speeches/behaviour at SXSW... She'd rather die than be told who to be. Gaga risked it ALL with Born This Way, she took the risk of "alienating the public with a complete image makeover" but it was true to her and it was important. Hell, Gaga does a complete image makeover every week now.

I don't blame Katy only for her failures, I blame her for her whole career. God, Prism is her third album, she shouldn't be a puppet anymore. Don't say she's forced to do anything, don't use those excuses, you always have the choice to do your own thing. Your team is here to guide you and help you achieve your vision, not dictate who you are.

"Katy Perry isn't "Woman Of The Year" because she's made any great strides for her gender, or questioned her position in popular culture, or challenged the dominant social structures in her life. She's "Woman Of The Year" because she's done the exact opposite on all counts. She's been quiet, complacent, and pretty, and she's made her executives and managers millions of dollars in the process. She's the version of "woman" the industry wants her to be - that is, the exact opposite of a healthy role model for young girls."

ARTPOP promo and singles are a mess because of Gaga's rebelious spirit. It sure pisses me off that ARTPOP didn't get the success it deserved because of internal sabotage but I totally respect Gaga for having integrity. If a Katy single doesn't do good, a next one with full visuals and video is out within days. It's a factory, nothing is thoughtout or researched in any way by Katy, it's absolutely not possible. It's shallow and an empty spectacle and that's why she will never be worth my time as long as she doesn't put out something that is true to her.

18k1w9zode16kjpg.jpg

You comparing her to Gaga has nothing to do with the argument. Of course Katy will seem lessor in comparison to another singer in the business, but you're comparing a pop star to an artist. Gaga is clearly more passionate about her work and her artistry than Katy, yes. She cares more for the art and expression than the fame. Her and Katy have different ideals for their careers, and that's okay. There's tons and tons and tons of generic singers who make fun, mindless pop music. Katy is the queen of this era in terms of that type of music and manages to have her own shtick in the process. There are so many horribly generic singers out there that nobody pays attention to and yet Katy has become sort of an image for how that looks when it turns out right. Her past success is undeniable. Comparing her to Gaga is comparing apples and oranges, as Gaga reigns supreme over modern day commercial pop artists that are actually, well, artists. People always look at Katy as if she's supposed to be like Gaga is, artistry wise. Katy is not meant to be the level of artist that Gaga is. It's like taking a dog and asking it to fly like an eagle does, it's just not going to happen. That doesn't mean dogs suck compared to birds! It just means you have to accept the fact that the dog can't fly and that you can enjoy it for what it can do. Enjoy Gaga for her artistry and enjoy Katy for her pop music.

Her record label having those expectations is not an excuse at all. Azealia Banks, to name an artist, was royally screwed over by being prevented from releasing music by Interscope Records. No, it didn't control her life, but it controlled her ability to release music. Labels do have power. This isn't to say that they would drop Katy if she pitched a darker album, but they could deny her from releasing it. They could easily say that it isn't the type of music they're looking for and refuse to promote it. A label and team who funds and backs her material as much as hers does clearly has the right to a lot of influence in her career, and has certain ideals for her as an artist, musically and aesthetically. She doesn't necessarily have to veer away from their decision. She may see it in her best interests to follow the label's idea of what will make her more successful and chooses not to challenge this. She may enjoy being famous, there's really nothing wrong with that. She could even be afraid that if the direction she's hoping to go in doesn't work out, it could be the end of her career. That's a risk she potentially doesn't want to make, because even if she manages to follow her artistry for the next album and she loses her global appeal because of it, there's no guarantee that it will be even good, critically. It's wise for her to be safe now.

Would you ask Marilyn Monroe to prove one of Albert Einstein's hypotheses? Would you ask Katy Perry to be as artistic as Gaga?

Some people like artists. Some people like pop stars. What people are doing here is comparing a pop star to an artist and all it's doing is shining negativity onto Katy. Appreciate her for the fact that she's not the most serious, artistic or risk-taking singer. Appreciate her for the fact she's a bubblegum pop star. Appreciate her for the fact of what she is, not what you think she should be based off other people's careers and artistry.

That being said, her latest material isn't her best, but there are a few gems on PRISM such as Dark Horse and Legendary Lovers. When she gets it right, she gets it right.

If she's not an artist to you or worth your respect because she's not an artist, your reply will surely be negative. So by even commenting in this thread it's clear that you will be negative, and this is the mentality of most Katy haters. Why even comment if it's just going to be the same tired thing as everyone else? Is there a point to that, really?

18k1w9zode16kjpg.jpg

That came from the person who confused The Birth of Venus with Venus de Milo? xD

Also: Katy not a good role model? Maybe. But GaGa definitely isn't a good role model. They'd be going around gang banging and swallowing rosaries.

NewYorkCity

That came from the person who confused The Birth of Venus with Venus de Milo? xD

Also: Katy not a good role model? Maybe. But GaGa definitely isn't a good role model. They'd be going around gang banging and swallowing rosaries.

:toofunny:

Ok you win the stupid coment of the summer! :party:

RBNLM

It's not that hard Katy's wearing an outrageous outfit ispired by art...in a world without Gaga she would still be like this foreverkaty_perry_2008.jpg

Archived