Stefani Tee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dunkin Donuts reports poor sales

Featured Posts

Atlas

Dunkin Brands could use that Box O' Joe right about now.

The owner of Dunkin' Donuts said in its latest earnings report Thursday that U.S. sales were weaker than expected and that international consumers weren't enjoying its Baskin-Robbins ice cream as much. Dunkin's Baskin-Robbins joint venture in Japan was hit particularly hard.

The company also played the weather card, blaming "unseasonably cold, rainy start to the spring season," early in the quarter.

As a result, Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) lowered its sales and profit outlook for the year. The stock fell more than 4%. Dunkin's news follows a similarly weak forecast from rival Krispy Kreme (KKD) last month.

Of course, Wall Street can be a tough crowd. Revenue, though lower than a--lysts forecast, increased 4.6% from the year earlier. Profits were also higher compared to the same period last year.

And many of Dunkin's offerings are loved by consumers. The company reported sales growth in iced coffee, frozen beverages, and espresso. Promotions were also popular, such as when the company rolled out flower shaped donuts for National Donut Day in June.

But Dunkin' faces stiff competition. The breakfast wars are heating up as McDonald's (MCD) and Yum! Brands (YUM)-owned Taco Bell have increased their early morning offerings. And then there's the king of coffee.

Starbucks (SBUX) will report its latest quarterly results after the closing bell Thursday. Wall Street is predicting strong sales and earnings growth.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/24/investing/dunkin-earnings/index.html?hpt=hp_bn6&iid=obnetwork

sticker,375x360.png

Lassex

My everyday breakfast was a bagel from Dunkin' Donuts when I visited New York/New Jersey in 2011 :laughga:

RAMROD

It is sad, I really enjoyed DUnkin Donuts better.

As for Japan tho, for the moment, Mister Donut is really a big hit.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Until ♥ It ♥ Burns ♥ Out ♥

GlitterGrease

This is so not true for Rhode Island lol there is no joke one on every corner here. It is all that we eat/drink haha

GagaUnderYou

They need to give away ARTPOP with every purchase it will help their sales 

RAMROD

This is so not true for Rhode Island lol there is no joke one on every corner here. It is all that we eat/drink haha

Them know good donuts tbh :whitney:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Until ♥ It ♥ Burns ♥ Out ♥

MJHolland

That's silly, DD coffee is soooooo good! It is ALWAYS rated better in blind taste tests (even by coffee fanatics) than Starbucks and McDonalds.

Pablo

the one in my town closed last year, it lasted only 2 years 

Don't visit my profile

Joumana

KRISPY KREME ENDING CAREERS :gaga:

guess whos up in this bitch

Poker

They need to open one in my country  :lana:

Flowers in my hair. Trouble on my mind.

Joumana

That's silly, DD coffee is soooooo good! It is ALWAYS rated better in blind taste tests (even by coffee fanatics) than Starbucks and McDonalds.

starbucks is overrated :tea:

guess whos up in this bitch

Memo

My city used to have one I think but I think I was the only costumer so they closed it :smh: that or My brain is making memories up lel

Krispy Kreme>>>>>>>>>>>>all

Thiiiiiiis