💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey Has "Slept With a Lot of Guys in the Industry"

The Professor

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

This article brings up some good points:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/screwing-your-way-to-the-top-good-for-lana-del-rey-for-helping-kill-that-myth-9624202.html

Indeed, no one ever stops to wonder how this sleeping to the top thing actually works. And it makes perfect sense for the one in charge to dump the underling once they've used them for this purpose. Why would they want to keep someone around who was so untalented and insufferable? Not to mention, their reputation would be mud (and probably end in a conviction) if it ever got out that every successful act on their books had had to sleep with them first. We've seen celebrities who were caught out having affairs deny any involvement with their conquest, if they hadn't dumped them already. The thing is, the boss has all the power and can exploit it in the worst possible way if you make yourself vulnerable to them. For example, your teacher could say that they'll fail you if you don't sleep with them, so you do so. But what makes you think they'll keep their promise? Sure, you could report them for harrassment, but there's always the threat of not being believed. You can't sue them for not carrying out their promise because this isn't your regular kind of unfufilled promise. And if anyone finds out what you did, you'll be treated like dirt. I think the whole notion of sleeping to the top is really just a myth. But I do think the "sleep with me and I'll make you a star...but never actually do" definitely happens. And yes, it is possible to flirt your way to the top, provided you have the looks, s-xuality and wiles, and have age on your side. You have to remember at the end of the day, the bosses have no obligation to fufil their promises and if they're going to exploit people like that, I think they'd be totally the type to not follow through on their promises.

But one last thing, I just wish Lana wouldn't state her s-xual history. I've got no interest in knowing this about people and I don't like to hear people brag about their s-x life. I don't judge people for sleeping around, necessarily, but it can make me look at them in a different light when I find out they do. Really, why would you want to state that you've slept with a lot of people? I don't think it's very classy. We could have got through our lives without knowing this. I think it would be best to take the: "everybody does it, it's just that nobody talks about it" approach.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived