💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

La Roux DRAGS Underground Music, Comes In Defense Of Pop

Bio

Featured Posts

LordDisick

But I also remember her trying to come for BeyoncĂƒÆ’Â© in 2011 for the lyrics of "Run The World" claiming it didn't need 5+ writers to create a "repetitive" song. 

Maybe she's changed her mind on Pop music, but that's kind of a hypocritical statement on her part?  :huh:

i think thats different from this, she writes all her music. so she thought it was funny how it had 5+ writers for "who run the world, girls x5"  not my opinion but referring to what shes talking about

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she got a little bit taken out of context, I dont think she meant that all of underground music is terrible and needs a good hook, she was an underground artist at some point of her career. I think she is against elitist people who claim their music is quality cause is underground and diferent, as if that was reason enough. Some people, whom I strongly disagree, are proud of not selling more than 154 copies just because that sets them apart from the mainstream, when actually their music could be the soundtrack of grass growing. 

The truth is: there is terrible mainstream music with good hooks, terrible underground overthinking "elite" music, and also great quality at both places, so neither of them should be judged by that bar (selling more or selling less). So I kinda agree with her, if that is what she meant.

Hello, it's me

Gracious Gaga

So brave of her #respectgained

♄ Kindness Police.

No Angel

i think thats different from this, she writes all her music. so she thought it was funny how it had 5+ writers for "who run the world, girls x5"  not my opinion but referring to what shes talking about

Ahhhh, I get it. 

PopReaper

I think she got a little bit taken out of context, I dont think she meant that all of underground music is terrible and needs a good hook, she was an underground artist at some point of her career. I think she is against elitist people who claim their music is quality cause is underground and diferent, as if that was reason enough. Some people, whom I strongly disagree, are proud of not selling more than 154 copies just because that sets them apart from the mainstream, when actually their music could be the soundtrack of grass growing. 

The truth is: there is terrible mainstream music with good hooks, terrible underground overthinking "elite" music, and also great quality at both places, so neither of them should be judged by that bar (selling more or selling less). So I kinda agree with her, if that is what she meant.

^this

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Alcina Dimitrescu

Well that hmm she sounds a bit uninformed.. i Mean there's a lot of great Underground music with great hooks but they just don't make it to mainstream, because of their image or looks, while Quality Pop music is rare and its most basically set on the image you put out... I understand where she's coming from.. she thinks there's no problem with being mainstream and I agree, but there's also the fact that a lot of talented people are left out while basic talent like Katy perry or selena gomez and etc are selling a lot.. its a bit unfair but its the reality of the Music Industry

What kind of embarrassing generalization.

Her view on music is something I can't recognize at all. Since when does music need hooks?

I cannot stand her apparent idea that all underground music is forgettable, basic and unworthy of serious attention because it "only sells 4.000 copies". She can do what she wants, but why talk about something you obviously don't want to understand?

this

Gagaloo911

I forgot how relevant she was to make such a comment. Not.

Isn't she like underground herself? :megaflop:

Yes, and this sis needs to reconsider her affection for great hooks considering her most recent release...

tumblr_ml08stl9tm1r1mr1po1_500.gif

aaronyoji

What kind of embarrassing generalization.

Her view on music is something I can't recognize at all. Since when does music need hooks?

I cannot stand her apparent idea that all underground music is forgettable, basic and unworthy of serious attention because it "only sells 4.000 copies". She can do what she wants, but why talk about something you obviously don't want to understand?

exactly. i like her a lot less now. there are other forms of writing that are just as valid, catchy, memorable, etc. maybe shes just saying this because she faded since 2009 and has an ace of base tribute album to promote in hopes of gaining acceptance from the pop world tbh. 

Dangerous Man

Nnnnn. Drag ha. and spill that tea!!!!!

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Girrr

I agree. I hate the generalization comments by the way, because I'm sure she knows it's not always the case.

Archived