💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

[VIDEO] artRAVE stage is just a big balloon

Dodo

Featured Posts

What's the big deal tbh? Do you want another shock - BTWB stage is not a real castle. It's probably made of chipboard and gypsum. Are you stunned? :derpga:

At least it looked good and stunning, not like this one :awkney:

what a big step down in terms of stage design and architecture as compared to the BTWB :(

This

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Houdini

Should we take notice how interesting it is that her last stage was a concrete solid huge castle and this one is a small inflatable phantasmagoric castle? This woman, I swear...

Also the fact that she's allowing the audience to see it deflated is interesting, similar to the way she lets the audience into her (non choreographed) on-stage quick change. You can literally see-through everything here when the last show was ALL about illusion and putting out the perfect visuals. artRave is all experience and feeling and nothing tangible, no narrative nor concrete ideas.

It's fascinating to see the polar differences between the two shows while they still compliment and follow each other amazingly.

my nose is bleeding

aaronyoji

if no one told yall it was inflatable *most of you wouldnt tell the difference or care. 

why am i the one of few that sees the innovation in this? its crafty, its accessible, its functionable, its the kinda thing she would've done in the fame but more aesthetically sophisticated. i thought that's what you guys would've wanted from gaga and her tours sheesh. if you have to worry about the cost in order to feel like the pop star you're a fan of is worthy then go eat out a wood chipper. this is not how music and art should be looked at. 

and its probably not as easily dismantled as you guys think, a safety pin? really? for a stage that's like 100 feet and counting and around 25 ish feet tall, probably more, do you really think it has the durability of a balloon lol. 

a common motif this era has been about the deconstruction of the image, what it means to be beautiful, what it means to be wearing makeup and wigs and costume changes, those are explored with the applause era, the quick changes on stage at the artrave and at swinefest, and again with a functional stage that can be built up and then taken a part at the blink of an eye. its kinda like someone's fame in a way (not the point, but i made that comparison myself). 

tokyoghettopuss

the reason why she didn't go to South America has nothing to do with costs. I don't know where people were getting that from. And plus, if it is about money, which it could be, she has to pay for all of those band members and all of the people working on her show to get work Visas because she is the "company" they work for. Artists cannot hit every single continent on every single tour. it just doesn't happen. The set probably had very little to do with the actual expense of her bringing the tour to South America and other locations not scheduled for this tour.

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/98320-no-artrave-for-latin-america-according-to-a-fan-who-went-to-roseland/page-2

glockenpop

Guess it matches the theme though, most of the outfits are inflatables. 

Ronk

Why is this a big deal? :laughga:

It doesn't make it a downgrade.

It doesn't make it cheap (at all).

And if you think it's either of those things because you know it's plastic then it does make you a mess who is materialistic. :sweep:

I like everything about this stage. :flutter:

This, exactly.  The stage is beautiful no matter what it's made of.  Its artistic beauty contributed to the art in the artRAVE concert.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Miel

Here's a photo of the stage for the ARTPOP Ball 2.0. Looks amazing!!!

abt2.jpg

Also these will be given as a gift to those who go to M&G.

[warning]lady-gaga-blow-up1.jpg[/warning]

Gaga copying DashCon 2014

3 points in and ready for more

Miel

Guess it matches the theme though, most of the outfits are inflatables. 

if no one told yall it was inflatable *most of you wouldnt tell the difference or care. 

why am i the one of few that sees the innovation in this? its crafty, its accessible, its functionable, its the kinda thing she would've done in the fame but more aesthetically sophisticated. i thought that's what you guys would've wanted from gaga and her tours sheesh. if you have to worry about the cost in order to feel like the pop star you're a fan of is worthy then go eat out a wood chipper. this is not how music and art should be looked at. 

and its probably not as easily dismantled as you guys think, a safety pin? really? for a stage that's like 100 feet and counting and around 25 ish feet tall, probably more, do you really think it has the durability of a balloon lol. 

a common motif this era has been about the deconstruction of the image, what it means to be beautiful, what it means to be wearing makeup and wigs and costume changes, those are explored with the applause era, the quick changes on stage at the artrave and at swinefest, and again with a functional stage that can be built up and then taken a part at the blink of an eye. its kinda like someone's fame in a way (not the point, but i made that comparison myself). 

The use of inflatables on the tour is actually really incredible- one of my favorite sequences in the whole show is the blooming of the flowers during the second verse of Venus. While I am disappointed that the inflatables aren't used or emphasized throughout the show, I still think it's pretty cool, and could definitely lead to future usage from Gaga.

Should we take notice how interesting it is that her last stage was a concrete solid huge castle and this one is a small inflatable phantasmagoric castle? This woman, I swear...

Also the fact that she's allowing the audience to see it deflated is interesting, similar to the way she lets the audience into her (non choreographed) on-stage quick change. You can literally see-through everything here when the last show was ALL about illusion and putting out the perfect visuals. artRave is all experience and feeling and nothing tangible, no narrative nor concrete ideas.

It's fascinating to see the polar differences between the two shows while they still compliment and follow each other amazingly.

As both you and aaronyoji said, I think (hypothetically, if) the intentional emphasis on the dismantling of the inflatables is really interesting, if it's going by the same Applause-ARTPOP metaphor on theater perspective and the transparency of the fourth-wall (which becomes a theme around Ratchet, at the show itself).

3 points in and ready for more

wasn't it custom made... how cheap do you think it was? lmao? does it even matter is it really about what it looks like? **** sake listen to gaga sing and dance is what it's about and enjoying yourself if you're gonna stress over it being a balloon why bother going? -.- #fakemonsters

MonsterOfSpain

You guys have meltdowns over the most stupid things, does this change anything? The stage is still good.

AbuHassan1992

this balloon is cool. The octopus balloon is cool. The flower ballons are cool.

But the dancers' spiky balloons....

those are not cool.

they can go **** themselves

SinAgain

Girl can't be wasting all the moneys on a stage y0. She doesn't need a giant fancy thing.

nikola

so you wil belive in something that fan told if you belive in everything fans told us we would have 5 more albums till now you should get your facts straight before you talk sh*t and using ballon is really great so why dont you stop talking and enjoy the shw........and i also hate when people are talking BUL*HIT about the show and they didnt even been on the show #SORRYNOTSORRY

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived