đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Cheryl Cole tops UK iTunes chart in 42 minutes

Michael

Featured Posts

Benji

I can't at everyone discrediting her, if this was Gaga you'd be scalping anyone who didn't think this was great. :sharon:

I actually like the song, it's gonna be a summer bop :bunny:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

I read the thread, then listened to the song.

I expected something way worse, it is actually a nice song I like it.

I wouldn't mind if radio overplayed this

StrawberryBlond

I can't at everyone discrediting her, if this was Gaga you'd be scalping anyone who didn't think this was great. :sharon:

No we wouldn't. Well, I sure wouldn't. I know all the tricks to artificially inflate an artist's success, a pre-order being the worst possible one. If Gaga did this with a new single, it would be great to see her at #1 and all, but it would be bittersweet as these wouldn't be her real first week numbers and she wouldn't have gone to #1 if it was based on actual first week figures. There certainly would be no room for nonsensical "slay" comments. Literally anyone can get a #1 song with a pre-order these days and unless it's a super-experimental song or there's competition from a much bigger artist on the official release week, it's pretty much in the bag no matter who you are. As it stands, the song at #2 is Rude, which was also officially released this week after a pre-order. So, if the top two songs in the country are only there because of pre-orders, how does this constitute slaying in any way, shape or form? So, yes, her success should be 100% discredited. As I pointed out before, the song fell out the itunes 100 less than a week after the pre-order became available. What does that tell you about how the single would've really performed had it been released without a pre-order?

Benji

No we wouldn't. Well, I sure wouldn't. I know all the tricks to artificially inflate an artist's success, a pre-order being the worst possible one. If Gaga did this with a new single, it would be great to see her at #1 and all, but it would be bittersweet as these wouldn't be her real first week numbers and she wouldn't have gone to #1 if it was based on actual first week figures. There certainly would be no room for nonsensical "slay" comments. Literally anyone can get a #1 song with a pre-order these days and unless it's a super-experimental song or there's competition from a much bigger artist on the official release week, it's pretty much in the bag no matter who you are. As it stands, the song at #2 is Rude, which was also officially released this week after a pre-order. So, if the top two songs in the country are only there because of pre-orders, how does this constitute slaying in any way, shape or form? So, yes, her success should be 100% discredited. As I pointed out before, the song fell out the itunes 100 less than a week after the pre-order became available. What does that tell you about how the single would've really performed had it been released without a pre-order?

She made the pre-orders of ARTPOP count towards the sales of her Applause and it didn't go #1? :awkney:

I don't know why anyone is even that bothered by this, it's sales. *yawn*

Archived