💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

J.K. Rowling plans her new crime series to be longer than HP

heavymlover

Featured Posts

heavymlover

Bs2TLcRCAAAgRKS.jpg

British author J.K. Rowling attended the Theakstones Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival this Friday evening in order to discuss her acclaimed Cormoran Strike crime series, including its first two installments, The Cuckoo's Calling as well as the recently released The Silkworm. 

Rowling mentioned that she actually has more Strike books in mind than her seven-part Harry Potter saga and that she's nearly done with the third and already has a fourth book planned out.

In regards of her new series, Rowling said:

"I love writing these books. One of the things I love about this genre is that - unlike Harry [the Harry Potter series] where there is an overarching story, here you are talking about discrete stories. So as long as your detective lives you can give him cases."

The third novel, which she is a third of the way through, will be "quite different" - "You find out quite a bit more about what happens to people after they leave the military," she said, adding that she had had "a lot of information" on the subject from people who prefer to remain anonymous.

Meanwhile she "loved" the character of Robin, she revealed. "I think Robin is the most entirely loveable character I've ever written. A good person but likeable - a smart woman, a kind and loyal person."

The author said it was a "no brainer" for her to write crime novels, describing the Harry Potter novels as "six whodunits and one whydunit" - and admitting her "dirty secret" - that she never reads fantasy.

On the subject of why she had chosen a pseudonymn and first published The Cuckoo's Calling with no clue as to her true identity, Rowling said: "I wanted to prove to myself I could get a book published on the merits of the book. A friend said, 'Why do you need that validation?' You probably have to be a writer to understand it... I wanted something that was just for me. While it lasted it was a lot of fun." She revealed that she was "jumping up and squeaking for joy" when McDermid's very favourable review of the book was published, and that she even wrote a thank-you letter to McDermid in the person of Robert Galbraith.

Source: Snitchseeker.com

So has anybody read The Cuckoo's Calling and/or The Silkworm? Really well crafted crime novels, to be honest. I'm looking forward to read the second book  :party:

Robotboy

it really bothers me i want more from the magical world :emo: but i guess its great for her to be so passionate about something else :yes:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

HermioneGranger

I've read the first one and cant want to get The Silkworm. They are good, so I'm excited to read the rest of them! But, I do think she should release some other books under her own name, write some different books. Not just books that belong to a series.

heavymlover

it really bothers me i want more from the magical world :emo: but i guess its great for her to be so passionate about something else :yes:

I agree. I really wish she would write more fantasy, but it seems like she's done with the genre for quite a while. It's a relief that crime/mystery is my second favorite literary genre lol

I know that she has talked about Harry Potter no longer being a part of her life but...

I NEED MORE  :nooo:

Prometheus

I've read the first one and cant want to get The Silkworm. They are good, so I'm excited to read the rest of them! But, I do think she should release some other books under her own name, write some different books. Not just books that belong to a series.

Series are so addicting though. At least from my perspective as an author. You fall in love with the setting and the characters. You just want to continue.

HermioneGranger

Series are so addicting though. At least from my perspective as an author. You fall in love with the setting and the characters. You just want to continue.

Yes, of course. But I think diversity is also very important.

so much respect for authors, i mean they write 500+ pages book 

i can barely write my 500 word essay sometimes :messga: 

ryhanna

I'll have to read these. It's great that she's found something else that takes her interest… Harry Potter, as brilliant as it was, has been explored as much as it should be and ended on a really great note. And she's right, crime is a great genre. There's always cases, and crime is always a relevant issue in our world.

That's so true. You can get so pulled into and immersed in a fictional world and just want more.

heavymlover

She'll probably alternate between these series and other independent projects under the Rowling name. My only concern if that she might not revisit the fantasy genre. I need her fantasy novels in my life  :giveup:

• 3 weeks later...
Zsolti

it really bothers me i want more from the magical world :emo:

play wizard101  :haha:  :toofloppy:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Archived