💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Linda Perry Discusses Beyonce's "Songwriting"

Batwings

Featured Posts

lastlinefirst

Mess.

It's baffling how overrated Bey is n how everyone seems to praise her as some legend. Sure, she has some talent, and can sing. But damn, that isn't enough for how much she's talked up and praised

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
high heeled fem

they all are on the credits as writters. Maybe we do know who came with the sample idea (and idc tbh) but everybody has their credits.

hmmm well! linda wasn't been rude bey aint a saint

PaperIz

We already knew this though. Beyonce' changes like a word and gets songwriting credits. She still is amazing though despite that.

StrawberryBlond

Good to see a proper songwriter admit this. I wouldn't mind Beyonce's clear lack of involvement in her songs if she was at least honest about it and didn't try to unfairly get on the credits by changing a word or two. The woman's also passed off other people's songs as her own and snuck her name onto the credits about three times now. It's really hard to trust someone's ability as a songwriter when they do stuff like this. It's one of the reasons why I've always found Beyonce hard to like and I don't know why so many people do.

StrawberryBlond

Alas, StrawberryBlonde back in action against Beyoncé! 

I'm only speaking the truth. And I'm only saying what everyone else on this thread in saying, just in different words. So, why are you picking on me out of everybody here? This isn't the first time you've done this either.

tumblr_mbind43zse1qc8zawo1_500.gif

No Angel

I'm only speaking the truth. And I'm only saying what everyone else on this thread in saying, just in different words. So, why are you picking on me out of everybody here? This isn't the first time you've done this either.

It's nice hearing your opinion and all about everything, cause you do it in a very silver-tongued and respectful manner; I'll give you that, but the real obsession is you with Bey. This is about the fifth time I've seen you in a Beyonce related thread speaking out against her. I know you're not the biggest fan, probably not a fan whatsoever, but from her Feminist thread back in December '13 to another thread a few months ago with you speaking out against her. Not saying you need to keep your thoughts to yourself, but I can't help but think she's always on your radar whenever brought up in a good/bad way. :wtf:

Joaco95

Alas, StrawberryBlonde back in action against Beyoncé! 

2m5lb0z.png

Why are you so obsessed with Beyoncé tho

Preach. I couldn't agree more.

Anyway, Linda Perry spilled some tea here :tea:

Big time :tea:

StrawberryBlond

It's nice hearing your opinion and all about everything, cause you do it in a very silver-tongued and respectful manner; I'll give you that, but the real obsession is you with Bey. This is about the fifth time I've seen you in a Beyonce related thread speaking out against her. I know you're not the biggest fan, probably not a fan whatsoever, but from her Feminist thread back in December '13 to another thread a few months ago with you speaking out against her. Not saying you need to keep your thoughts to yourself, but I can't help but think she's always on your radar whenever brought up in a good/bad way.  :wtf:

If there's a topic about her that interests me, I'll interject, if not, I'll be quiet. I don't see what the problem is. It's no different from other people who comment whenever someone they don't like gets bashed. Why do you keep picking up on the times when I do it? For the record, I think Beyonce can sing, is a good dancer and an all round good performer and I thought her debut album was really good, but apart from that, I find her music very bland and boring and she just recycles the same concepts over and over and can't seem to grow as an artist. I don't think she deserves to be called a songwriter and I'm tired of seeing her get credit for things that she blatantly was not the first to do. She didn't invent the term bootylicious, Snoop Dogg did. She wasn't the first to release an album without warning - indie artists have been doing this for quite some time and 2013 was filled with unusual ways of releasing albums (kicked off by David Bowie) and Beyonce was the very last in a long list of pioneering ideas that year. In addition to all this, I get the impression of her being very fake and vain. I don't like the way she treated Kelly and Michelle because she wanted to go solo and I think she only reunites with them occasionally to keep up appearances. Add that to the way she treated previous members of DC too and it's even worse. With that in mind, to me, she didn't have the best way to start her solo career. For most people, those credentials would make them quite unlikeable, but she was the opposite.

I hope that helps you understand me a bit more.

Why are you so obsessed with Beyoncé tho

Well, the reasons listed above. I'll admit I am rather obsessed with her. But I'm the same way with other artists who I deem annoying, untalented, horrible. You're acting as if Beyonce's the only one I'm tough on. You should see me talk about artists I deem untalented. Basically, if I think an artist is a phoney, I try to make the others know, so they realise who they're giving their money to. I don't like to see people get famous if they haven't worked hard for it or don't treat their fans well or try to be talented. And a personal peeve for me is singers who give the illusion that they're involved in their songs more than they actually are and pass off other people's work as their own, so Beyonce is a prime example of this. But I only state facts. I won't say Beyonce stole a song if there's no proof of it. If it's my opinion, I'll make it obvious it's a subjective view.

No Angel

If there's a topic about her that interests me, I'll interject, if not, I'll be quiet. I don't see what the problem is. It's no different from other people who comment whenever someone they don't like gets bashed. Why do you keep picking up on the times when I do it? For the record, I think Beyonce can sing, is a good dancer and an all round good performer and I thought her debut album was really good, but apart from that, I find her music very bland and boring and she just recycles the same concepts over and over and can't seem to grow as an artist. I don't think she deserves to be called a songwriter and I'm tired of seeing her get credit for things that she blatantly was not the first to do. She didn't invent the term bootylicious, Snoop Dogg did. She wasn't the first to release an album without warning - indie artists have been doing this for quite some time and 2013 was filled with unusual ways of releasing albums (kicked off by David Bowie) and Beyonce was the very last in a long list of pioneering ideas that year. In addition to all this, I get the impression of her being very fake and vain. I don't like the way she treated Kelly and Michelle because she wanted to go solo and I think she only reunites with them occasionally to keep up appearances. Add that to the way she treated previous members of DC too and it's even worse. With that in mind, to me, she didn't have the best way to start her solo career. For most people, those credentials would make them quite unlikeable, but she was the opposite.

I hope that helps you understand me a bit more.

While majority of what you wrote is very plausible and you have every right to feel that way, when and where did Beyoncé ever say she created the word "bootylicious?" Where did she ever say she was the leader and creator of surprise releases? Did Snoop ever feel any malice towards Beyoncé because of it? He was much bigger than her (and very vocal) at the time of the release of Bootylicious and could have easily said he coined the term. 

Regarding "surprise releases"... Those have been happening for decades, like you have said. But you're making it seem like she herself personally said she originated these things, when she's never said that at all. The reason people made such a huge deal about BEYONCÉ was because she prolonged the album process for so long and they were expecting a typical single here and album a month or so later; so the 12/13 Friday release came as a surprise because they didn't think something like that would happen. They didn't think one of the biggest modern performers of our time would drop a record without having said a word, so it came as a surprise. The only person claiming these things are you, Strawberry, not Bey herself. 

**Also, the term Bootylicious was not first coined by Snoop. It was used by a character in classic black sitcom A Different World.

If you read interviews and articles about Latavia, Latoya and Farrah, you would actually see that they've had more harsh criticism towards Matthew Knowles and none towards Beyoncé. Recent interviews would show that they have no hard feelings towards her now, although they would admit that it was very awkward and off-setting that they were suddenly shut out of the group because of Matthew. Also, why would she want to 'keep up appearances' with Kelly and Michelle? If she wanted nothing to do with them, she would just simply stay away from them? She wouldn't have appeared in Michelle's Say Yes song/video nor would she have appeared in Kelly's song You've Changed. Saying she'd want to keep up with appearances would make me think Matthew himself thought of this, when they both, in fact, barely talk anymore after her parent's divorce. 

Not writing this post in any disrespect for you, but I just find it off-putting that you're always involved in Beyonce discussion even when it's being done in a positive light. I respect your opinion and have seen your posts in other threads not related to her, and you're very well spoken and intelligent. 

Nothing new here, everyone knows Beyoncé's songwriting credits have always been a bit shady

This, but honestly if she really was bothered by it she would've snatched her song back.

Archived