💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga teaches Art via Instagram

LaMaisonGaga

Featured Posts

Sara

For those who don't like this, you can simply state your opinion without being insulting.  Also don't post "I don't care" because that's against forum rules to do that in ANY thread.  If you don't care, don't read.  :shrug:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brooke Hoegan

because that's the only place anyone would take her ramblings as compelling or profound. just kidding :giggle:

no no. in fact that's true :ohno:

Tropico

No, you didn't understand me. Taking something what already exists, doesn't matter what: painting, movie, book reference, is nice and okay, but for me its just not artsy. The only thing i really felt like art is her own painting, because she did it out of her own emotions, i could feel her suffering, the energy she put in it etc. Everything else, and i still like many stuff, is just a copy, and if she meant "i will take existing art and put in my videos and t-shirt,", then she succeeded. But that wasnt the idea she actually talked about when this project started.

I see your point. I get where you're coming from.

But what I think is that Gaga wasn't lazy or that she didn't feel passionate about the art references. She obviously loves art and she must pride herself on making herself art.

And it wasn't just copy and paste. It was clever and very important to Gaga. And what Gaga wanted to do was put art into pop. Gaga being a pop icon, by puting art into her stuff then she is puting art into pop. Her original dream.

Inspiration is allowed. It's not copying. Her fashion was inspired by art. Her videos were inspired by art. Her album was inspired by art.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

crownlessking

Okay so I don't know much about who Andy Warhol was (before my time) but from what I understand he's goal was to put pop into art.

Gaga was putting art into pop. She was trying to make pop culture more art aware. She had art references in a lot of her fashion and Gaga is obviously a pop icon. And also with pop performances of her songs like Venus she referenced art like with the seashell bikini. Also having a performance artist in Swine. It was really just trying to start an artistic movement in pop culture. I could go on but that's the bottom line. Bring art back into pop.

Oh, okay thank you!

I was reading FAR too much into it. It's a really simple concept, why does she have to complicate things so much? Hahah bless her.

Tropico

Just because ARTPOP didn't sell a million coppiced it's first week doesn't mean she failed in her concept or that it's a flop. I'm my opinion ARTPOP has succeeded in doing what she wanted. Before this album I didn't know who the hell Jeff koons, Mariana Abramovic, or Millie Brown was, but now I do and am more aware of many artistic things( the birth of Venus) ARTPOP is a success because of that alone. Does she really need to be number one all the time for you to love and support her? Is her happiness not at all important to you?

YAAAAASSSS Slé! :legend:

monstereo

So you are seriously just gonna talk about the mona lisa dress? How about everything else. TFM as overrated as it is, was not more art driven than this era. Just LOOK at the videos (not much but what ever) and performances.

And looks like someone is forgetting the art she shared during her depression in december as well as making herself a model for art. She made herself (the pop icon) art.

TFM's art was original, which automatically makes it better then ARTPOP's.

If Gaga wanted to take on this ARTPOP project, she should have done it full on. When was the last time she had a new look referencing artwork/an artist out of the HUNDREDS we've seen? She really expects people to get 'ARTPOP' if she's not committed to it?

Not even her artrave outfits are ARTPOP (except for the seashell bikini outfit)

050614-lady-gaga-tour-costumes-594.jpg

Aura-artRave-Lady-Gaga-ARTPOP-Ball-2.jpg

DeleteMyAccount

inb4 Artrave turns into Artclass :toofloppy:

One second we're dancing to ARTPOP, suddenly we're in ARTCLASS.   :hehe:

Tropico

Oh, okay thank you!

I was reading FAR too much into it. It's a really simple concept, why does she have to complicate things so much? Hahah bless her.

It's really an interesting contest. It can be simple atimes but it's interesting to see when she is taking inspiration and where from.

Promoting my thread ;) (I don't expect you to reply though): http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/110697-era-recap-how-gaga-managed-to-bring-artpop-to-life-she-succeded/?fromsearch=1

MonsterMum

Oh, okay thank you!

Don't worry I think most people do, because its Gaga people automatically think there must be these thick layers of thinking to get her message when it was all so clear. She said it in so many interviews but people still think too deep and miss the point completely.

Slay Gaga :legend:

I'm glad shes taking the time to discuss the album theme more 

Off topic... whoever those guys are in your avi its pretty hot :fan::hor:

Tropico

If Gaga wanted to take on this ARTPOP project, she should have done it full on. When was the last time she had a new look referencing art out of the HUNDREDS we've seen? She really expects people to get 'ARTPOP' if she's not committed to it?

What was the art in TFM you talk about? Really, it's so overrated.

And ARTPOP's art was inspired a lot of the time and the art was original a times. The art in this era is fantastic.

And lately the ARTPOP era has come to an end. Now It's cheek 2 cheek so obviously it won't have the ARTPOP concept.

And the artRAVE is more a rave. Because maybe if you were paying attention to what Gaga has been saying you'd realise she said "ARTPOP is a celebration of my career to me." And of course the rave theme suits it best.

And she was very commited to it. The whole time Gaga was making her self a pop and art icon. And also exposing people to artists. Gaga was VERY commited to ARTPOP's theme.

If you can't get ARTPOP that isn't Gaga's fault. Just try thinking more into what Gaga has done.

Edit: and tbh the tours don't actually have much to do withthe main concept. There's usually a sub concept for the tour.

IWannaBeThatGUY

If Gaga wanted to take on this ARTPOP project, she should have done it full on. When was the last time she had a new look referencing artwork/an artist out of the HUNDREDS we've seen? She really expects people to get 'ARTPOP' if she's not committed to it?

Each one of them is ARTPOP cause ARTPOP could mean anything. And that versace gown for Gypsy is no doubt breathtaking and a work of art. The Octopus one is made out of balloons, and don't forget about the dancer's paper outfits. If you wanna get right down to it though everything she does is art because life itself is art. ARTPOP   

Archived