đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's HARD WORK and AMBITION so unappreciated?!?!

Tropico

Featured Posts

Tropico

I don't know how many times I will have to say that, but BTW had huge sales and a really good reception (e.g. the Rolling Stone review), but Gaga lost a great part of her fanbase when she released this album. It wasn't because of the sales, and it wasn't because of the reception. Why can't it be the same with ARTPOP? You all say this is because of the charts, but have you ever thought there is a good reason why some people don't like this album? Have you ever tried to listen to what these people have to say?

But if you look at old threads around november it was like "best album yaaas" then when the blackout happened and Gaga got THE MOST harsh reception it suddenly changes.

And also the fans is what I'm really talking about. Swayed by the media's opinion. But with BTW it had the high sales to back it up. Now that ARTPOP did moderately well people just go with what everyone else says. Mob mentality obviously.

And isn't it odd how the charts are always brought up when discussing why said person didn't like the album.

I have no proof but I think you and I both know how different people would react (in this fanbase) if all the singles had TFM success and the album had BTW success.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

I don't know how many times I will have to say that, but BTW had huge sales and a really good reception (e.g. the Rolling Stone review), but Gaga lost a great part of her fanbase when she released this album. It wasn't because of the sales, and it wasn't because of the reception. Why can't it be the same with ARTPOP? You all say this is because of the charts, but have you ever thought there is a good reason why some people don't like this album? Have you ever tried to listen to what these people have to say?

:applause:

But when exactly this era was she lazy? Every single (promo included) got a fair amount of work done on it except G.U.Y.

And I don't recall her saying she didn't want success. She only said if it means having to have her boobs and ass looking model like and selling her art for the sake of being successful and that was during SXSW.

And I honestly think, not to be rude in any way, you are looking only at the negatives. She was done so much this era but because G.U.Y. Era she didn't do much promo people call her lazy. very unfair.

Gaga is always working on things and that is this era included. And even with G.U.Y. She performed it at Roseland and also had it air on Letterman. But I know that isn't much.

But to say you think she's being overly sensitive is unfair. Depression is not easy. It could drive one to wanting death and when your one "fans" are hounding you all the time as well as media and God knows what else... I'm surprised Gaga got back up so fast.

I didn't say all of this era was like that. There were good times, as well as bad times. Her depression had to do nothing with this imo, because her management still sucked after she looked to be back on the track, and it pretty much became the excuse for everything. I'm 100% with her and what she wants to do but she needs to head up be realistic too. She did have those few messy I-don't-give-a-****-where-my-career-at-rn moments and I didn't like that.

I'm looking at the negatives, true, but not only at them. If I look at the ARTPOP era in general, it was really nice but didn't "pleased" me as I hope it would.

1. But if you look at old threads around november it was like "best album yaaas" then when the blackout happened and Gaga got THE MOST harsh reception it suddenly changes.

2. And also the fans is what I'm really talking about. Swayed by the media's opinion. But with BTW it had the high sales to back it up. Now that ARTPOP did moderately well people just go with what everyone else says. Mob mentality obviously.

3. And isn't it odd how the charts are always brought up when discussing why said person didn't like the album.

4. I have no proof but I think you and I both know how different people would react (in this fanbase) if all the singles had TFM success and the album had BTW success.

1. The same goes for Born This Way (song). At first, everyone loved it. Now, almost everyone in this fanbase will tell you it's Gaga's worst lead single. The hype and the freshness will always hide your real opinion about a song. A few days later you'll finally get used to it and be able to give an honest opinion about it.

2. All the people who are here survived to the BTW era (except the new fans). I don't think we are that easily manipulated by media, especially after all the bad press Gaga had in 2011-2012 (not talking about the professional criticisms).

3. The only reason why you will always see something about charts in a thread is because there is always someone to say "You only care about the charts, fake fan!". I have talked to a lot of people who are not into ARTPOP and just stopped to post on GGD because of this huge crusade against what some of you could easily call "fake fans".

4. I agree on this, there are always some people who care about charts (e.g. some ATRL members). But let me use the Born This Way (song) example again. Though this song broke all the records, it's one of the most unpopular songs in the fanbase.

There are many cases which proving that charts don't have a big place in how we perceive an album, as you can see...

Tropico

1. The same goes for Born This Way (song). At first, everyone loved it. Now, almost everyone in this fanbase will tell you it's Gaga's worst lead single. The hype and the freshness will always hide your real opinion about a song. A few days later you'll finally get used to it and be able to give an honest opinion about it.

2. All the people who are here survived to the BTW era (except the new fans). I don't think we are that easily manipulated by media, especially after all the bad press Gaga had in 2011-2012 (not talking about the professional criticisms).

3. The only reason why you will always see something about charts in a thread is because there is always someone to say "You only care about the charts, fake fan!". I have talked to a lot of people who are not into ARTPOP and just stopped to post on GGD because of this huge crusade against what some of you could easily call "fake fans".

4. I agree on this, there are always some people who care about charts (e.g. some ATRL members). But let me use the Born This Way (song) example again. Though this song broke all the records, it's one of the most unpopular songs in the fanbase.

There are many cases which proving that charts don't have a big place in how we perceive an album, as you can see...

Actually I find that a lot of monsters outside of this fanbase praise BTW song A LOT. :shrug:

And in the BTW era they had the high sales to back them up. But I feel people are easily swayed now that ARTPOP didn't do as well.

The fake fans comments are way less than the comments where people bash everything about this era and it's music. There was a thread yesterday which has like 7 pages of saying "Gaga's a mess" "get her s--t together" "she's a flop" "she's not gonna be relevant if she keeps this up" "she isn't ambitious anymore". Much more people are quick to shade and insult Gaga here than actually stick up for her. I've made a couple of threads trying to back Gaga up but it always backfires. I find a reason to leave the site is the over negativity. But people who try to stick up for her get the same backlash... "You just like everything she does like a mindless sheep!" "You're delusional if you think ARTPOP Era wasn't bad.". Etc.

A lot of Gaga fans say EXACTLY what you see the critics say. I feel people on here are the most chart observant. I spend a lot of time on Instagram with Instagram monsters and it's way less intense there when it comes to charts. It's more about the music.

liberacorpus

I'm feeling this way, too. Some exaggerate the work and some totally disregard it. There's no rationality. For example her collab with marina and robert wilson in the beginning of the era was outstanding but everyone payed dust to those. None of the artists in this business had done similar collabs, studying performance art and succeeding this much. Damn she was OUTSTANDING. The exhibition in Louvre was spectacular, i can't tell in words. And on the other side, some of the fans are blind to her faults and small failures. For example UK X Factor venus and dwuw performance, some of her horribly made wigs (sorry freddy i know u have done marvelous ones but some seemed like they were made by me), 

Some bash the songs, saying they aren't artsy and creative as she promised. Well one can't determine if a song is artsy or not. Some may find it out of this world (for example aura) and some may say OH SHE USED A PRE-MADE INSTRUMENTAL HOW IS THIS CREATIVE. Doesn't matter at all, she always puts so much effort, quality and creativity in all of her songs and this can't and shouldn't be disregarded. I humbly think they will look back and see those art works' quality. Just compare her to the other artists that 'slays the charts' and you'll see a big difference in terms of art, ambition and method.

I know that sometimes she gets too excited for her own work and rarely it can't meet the expectations at all. For example the ARTPOP app (wow that was truly a mess) and dwuw video. But it's totally understandable that sometimes things just don't work. There may be some handicaps and struggles on the process and it may affect the whole era. For example troy rushing her to put out the video, interscope (or herself) scrapping venus and putting out dwuw, not releasing the telephone sequel). She just creates a vision in her mind and she totally stands by her art she puts, which is excellent for an artist especially in her caliber.

I talked too much omg, all in all, we must realize what she has done and what she's been doing in the process of making music, how she does it but at the same time we should be aware of her mistakes as well. This way she can get closer and closer to being flawless. An artist needs to learn from some mistakes and 'fill all the ugly holes'. 

BillieGOAT

Did you forget the Letterman show?

And she also performed it 8 times at Roseland altogether.

Thats a private show and Letterman was too late in the era for it to make a difference

Wolf

Not lazy, but messy

Promoting gypsy + venus while her current single is dwuw?

Just one tv performance for guy?

BYEEEEEEE

LilVenusian

I know and people would rather have Gaga be depressed and sell out her artistic integrity for the sake of awards and charts. :fail:

Are u trying to imply she had no artistic integrity when she was on top? BTW was probably her riskiest effort yet, but it still had a major impact because she was basically shoving it down the worlds throat whether they liked it or not. I think people miss that sort off gaga (more confident and sure of her self) than just getting no1's and grammys. 

Ronk

We all know how hard Gaga works and how much she wants to work hard for her music and fans. But her team and label, unfortunately, don't really appreciate that. It's becoming clearer everyday.

This.

I live outside the space time continuum.

I'm feeling this way, too. Some exaggerate the work and some totally disregard it. There's no rationality. For example her collab with marina and robert wilson in the beginning of the era was outstanding but everyone payed dust to those. None of the artists in this business had done similar collabs, studying performance art and succeeding this much. Damn she was OUTSTANDING. The exhibition in Louvre was spectacular, i can't tell in words. And on the other side, some of the fans are blind to her faults and small failures. For example UK X Factor venus and dwuw performance, some of her horribly made wigs (sorry freddy i know u have done marvelous ones but some seemed like they were made by me), 

Some bash the songs, saying they aren't artsy and creative as she promised. Well one can't determine if a song is artsy or not. Some may find it out of this world (for example aura) and some may say OH SHE USED A PRE-MADE INSTRUMENTAL HOW IS THIS CREATIVE. Doesn't matter at all, she always puts so much effort, quality and creativity in all of her songs and this can't and shouldn't be disregarded. I humbly think they will look back and see those art works' quality. Just compare her to the other artists that 'slays the charts' and you'll see a big difference in terms of art, ambition and method.

I know that sometimes she gets too excited for her own work and rarely it can't meet the expectations at all. For example the ARTPOP app (wow that was truly a mess) and dwuw video. But it's totally understandable that sometimes things just don't work. There may be some handicaps and struggles on the process and it may affect the whole era. For example troy rushing her to put out the video, interscope (or herself) scrapping venus and putting out dwuw, not releasing the telephone sequel). She just creates a vision in her mind and she totally stands by her art she puts, which is excellent for an artist especially in her caliber.

I talked too much omg, all in all, we must realize what she has done and what she's been doing in the process of making music, how she does it but at the same time we should be aware of her mistakes as well. This way she can get closer and closer to being flawless. An artist needs to learn from some mistakes and 'fill all the ugly holes'. 

Applause for you. If anything she's been underrated this era. 

Tropico

Are u trying to imply she had no artistic integrity when she was on top? BTW was probably her riskiest effort yet, but it still had a major impact because she was basically shoving it down the worlds throat whether they liked it or not. I think people miss that sort off gaga (more confident and sure of her self) than just getting no1's and grammys.

Not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is now that Gaga is going through kinda a rough patch her "fans" want her to just scrap what she's working on and make stuff for the charts. Exact opposite of music not the bling. The music is the most important part of it all but these guys want her to just put it aside and go back to old stuff. That was her vision THEN but now she has something new and because the public isn't responding as well they are trying to be managers and bottom line... They want her to be a sellout.

LilVenusian

Not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is now that Gaga is going through kinda a rough patch her "fans" want her to just scrap what she's working on and make stuff for the charts. Exact opposite of music not the bling. The music is the most important part of it all but these guys want her to just put it aside and go back to old stuff. That was her vision THEN but now she has something new and because the public isn't responding as well they are trying to be managers and bottom line... They want her to be a sellout.

If she wants to change her image/presentation/sound in order to maintain relevancy in pop music, its a-okay with me. I don't see it as being a sellout, more so just being a smart business woman who knows what their doing. I mean come on shes not exactly Bjork here. Shes made her career out of making really catchy accessible dance-pop songs (with Redone mind you, one of the most commercially minded producers around),  when she originally started out as a demure, rock influenced piano singer-songwriter. Alot of people could argue she "sold out" along time ago.

PS. Its cute that you actually believe this "music not the bling" quote. Hate to break it you, but you don't come to be one of the highest earning musicians of our time without some pretty significant monetary ambitions. To quote one of gaga's more honest lyrical moments "Fame, Doin' it for the, Fame, Cuz we wanna live the life of the rich and famous"  :fan:

Archived