• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yanko

• Dangerous Man

• aquaprincess

• nikola

Harry

It's basically just a medley...with songs that happen to all be from one album

This concept really is nothing new...although Trans Siberian Orchestra technically didn't have a medley, they performed a whole album live start to finish along with other songs

I'm still excited to see what she does for the medley though

So have many many many artists... The point here is that it's a televised award show, not a concert.

Anyway, I don't think this would work very well unless the transitions were smooth and only like a line of some of the songs were sung as part of others. I don't really care for medleys where there is a new song every 30 seconds, but I'll be interested to see her perform regardless.

Robinladen

Boring. She should do her hits. She only has like four so that would actually be a good medley.

nikola

Justin Timberlake had one that long last year :shrug:

and it was long and got boring (to me at least)

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

So have many many many artists... The point here is that it's a televised award show, not a concert.

Anyway, I don't think this would work very well unless the transitions were smooth and only like a line of some of the songs were sung as part of others. I don't really care for medleys where there is a new song every 30 seconds, but I'll be interested to see her perform regardless.

The point is that it's a medley. Making something televised does not make it innovative. Are you saying that if TSO televised their concert performing the whole album back to back, that would be innovative? No...let's just say that was innovative; it would still be whether or not it's televised.

Beyoncé doing the medley is not innovative...regardless of whether it was televised or not

Why is this being labeled a "don't miss" performance? In all essence, it's a medley. That's it. It's what JT did last year. Is this suddenly a big thing because she's performing particular songs that happen to be on Beyoncé?

Edited by Chic

Kermit the frog

It's basically just a medley...with songs that happen to all be from one album

This concept really is nothing new...although Trans Siberian Orchestra technically didn't have a medley, they performed a whole album live start to finish along with other songs

I'm still excited to see what she does for the medley though

Trans Siberian Orchestra performed their whole album at the VMAs? :awkney:

It's obvious that performing an album from start to finish isn't anything new, but it definitely IS a novelty because this one is gonna get broadcast live at an award ceremony. This has never happened before. It is a medley but it's a whole damn album, not greatest hits like JT did it. It means something, doesnt it?

Edited by Kermit the frog

FFXSoul91

Boring. She should do her hits. She only has like four so that would actually be a good medley.

Crazy in Love

Naughty Girl

Baby Boy

Irreplaceable

Check on It

Single Ladies

Halo

Sweet Dreams

Best Thing I Never Had

Drunk in Love

Trans Siberian Orchestra performed their whole album at the VMAs? :awkney:

It's obvious that performing an album from start to finish isn't anything new, but it definitely IS a novelty because this one is gonna get broadcast live at an award ceremony. This has never happened before. It is a medley but it's a whole damn album, not greatest hits like JT did it. It means something, doesnt it?

It does, but not much. Instead of performing her hits, the ones that are more universally seen as good songs, she's taking a risk by performing an album that has great songs but not her best, and has some dull moments. I've listened to the songs and a lot of them have sections that sound totally different, such as Partition and Bow Down / I Been On. I find myself liking some sections more than others, so how will this translate onto the VMA's stage?

"I'm the number one chick, I don't need no hype" - That may be, but just don't hype then. Everyone around her is hyping this performance because it's 'something that's never been done on stage before'. Well...this is like the lowest denominator of originality. It's still a medley, no matter how you turn it. All of the songs just happen to be on one album. Sure, it's interesting, but only by mere technicalities can this medley be considered a "never before done" thing.

I love Beyoncé but I expected more. Hopefully the real surprises come with the performances themselves! Unless she thinks that this album medley idea is an excuse for the innovation of the night and doesn't do anything else, which would be a bit of a let-down. Her album release was innovative and prompted rumors of artists surprise-releasing album. This album medley is unique to her situation. The only way anyone will be able to do something similar to this is if someone receives the VMA's Video Vanguard award and then perform a medley of their album...which would be seen as a direct copy of this Beyoncé performance.

Edited by Chic

Vernier

Not here for it tbh. Some songs don't need to be performed imo, especially if it'll just be for like 1min. Still looking forward to the performance tho :excited2:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Kermit the frog

It does, but not much. Instead of performing her hits, the ones that are more universally seen as good songs, she's taking a risk by performing an album that has great songs but not her best, and has some dull moments. I've listened to the songs and a lot of them have sections that sound totally different, such as Partition and Bow Down / I Been On. I find myself liking some sections more than others, so how will this translate onto the VMA's stage?

"I'm the number one chick, I don't need no hype" - That may be, but just don't hype then. Everyone around her is hyping this performance because it's 'something that's never been done on stage before'. Well...this is like the lowest denominator of originality. It's still a medley, no matter how you turn it. All of the songs just happen to be on one album. Sure, it's interesting, but only by mere technicalities can this medley be considered a "never before done" thing.

I love Beyoncé but I expected more. Hopefully the real surprises come with the performances themselves!

I honestly don't understand your way of thinking. You're admitting that it's never been done before but then you're saying it's not original? It is though, "no matter how you turn it".

but what about her last hits?

plus it would be kinda boring since almost all the songs in BEYONCE are ballads

Edited by hans94
My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Meh. I don't watch the VMAs anyways.

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon