3. RIHANNA 87.8m
4. BASTILLE 83.0m
5. COLDPLAY 77.0m
6. ED SHEERAN 75.0m
7. ONE DIRECTION 74.2m
8. DRAKE 72.8m
9. BEYONCE 68.5m
10. KATY PERRY 67.1m

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-top-10-most-streamed-songs-and-artists-of-all-time-revealed-3107/

I am meltdowning.  The fact that Bey is higher than Gaga..  and Katy considering Gaga's been more successful in the UK.
Just goes to show how Gaga's decline was not just the material, not just the bad press etc.  I've always believed how her breaks happened to be in the WORST possible time.   I've always felt like her timing is against her..  her 2 huge breaks are exactly during the PEAK of Social Media and Streaming..  I can't 
:giveup: 

Mariano

I really don't get how Bey is higher.  I love her but Gaga is slaying the UK since 2009 and literally even ARTPOP didn't completely underperform there .. DWUW was a hit.. 

But yeah her biggest hits there (PF, JD and BR) came out before the streaming took off.  She is the only one with Adele to have 2  1M Selling songs and they both are just behind Rihanna ho has 3 1m selling songs I think, but that's before the Streaming era :giveup: 

artpopmess

But didnt streaming just get huge? The artists with the latest hits are obviously going to be in the top 10

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Raikou

Rihanna has been a ubiquitous UK force since GGGB.

I wonder how it hasn't declined with her last two albums but that's a case of personal taste.

:toofunny:

well Bastille isnt that popular so i wouldnt take this list too seriously idk

Gypsy Life

Streaming didn't take full effect before 2012 so these figures are understandable. Gaga had nothing except Applause and DWUW in that time frame and neither was "huge".

Mariano

But didnt streaming just get huge? The artists with the latest hits are obviously going to be in the top 10

Beyonce's last album wasn't even available for Streaming.. 

Streaming didn't take full effect before 2012 so these figures are understandable. Gaga had nothing except Applause and DWUW in that time frame and neither was "huge".

What about Beyonce ?

artpopmess

Beyonce's last album wasn't even available for Streaming.. 

What about Beyonce ?

The singles are on Spotify and there are tons of videos on YouTube

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

• Mills locked this topic

Archived