Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Applause" concept demo leaks

Pandemiya

Featured Posts

Brooke Hoegan

oh no that's what I ment like 2 of the 15 tracks from ARTPOP the instrumentals where already pre-made, and same I still love all the songs but it's just hard to stan for her saying she's original and really does it from scratch when evident shows its not exactly that how she did it with certain songs. And I've heard that to for DWUW that DJWS had already made it for someone else kind of how it was with Aura having already been made from Infected Mushroom (not sure if they had intended to release it themselves or not) and with Donatella being 100% recycled fro Karma B*tch. G.U.Y seems like it could of been made a bit more from scratch and Swine. but deep down Applause instrumental was just in the works and they only had part of it figured out, I mean they also had a completely different break down in the concept demo so i don't believe it was a recycled instrumental like Aura/Donatella.

but yeah in terms of "ARTPOP" being about hybrid of different genres of music and collaborating with producers which in terms is what every pop artist does to some extent but still is blurred as to how it actually went down (possibly why we never heard of the terry movie that had footage of the recording process of the album)

yes but I actually don't care if she uses entire instrumental or a part or whatever... it bothers me that she uses already made melodies by other people at all...

I mean what does it take to put a vocal over melody if you already have it ? does it really take 2 years ?

it's just what she is doing in this Applause demo.... wouldn't you come up with lyrics if you already had a ready, made melody ? it's not songwriting to me... + I would want to hear melodies composed by Gaga, she is a musician after all and IMO producers should only design the sound of melody made by her + mix it and help her a little to make it catchier...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mess at her sounding like a drunken karaoke singer although the this seems less heavy. Dying that at that "yayyyyy"

oh, so DWUW melody is not by her too... even better  :dies:

I mean just listen to this Applause demo closely... instrumental is completely done, official one only has improved synths, but the melody hasn't changed at all  + she only has one piece of lyrics to sing... if it was truly her creation, the concept would contain simply chords played on a piano as the instrumental or would be simply like Stuck on F***in' You which was took at once... and not READY instrumental...

recently she writes less and less melodies by herself and it really bothers me cause I felt on first listen like ARTPOP is not Gaga's album... it felt so strange to me, I didn't know what's the matter with it but it didn't sound like her to me... that's why I have some problems with this album...  :noparty:

I'm not sure you understand what melody means. She most certainly wrote the Applause melodies as well as melodies for all the other songs you mentioned. Melody is the lead line which she always writes and sings. What you are referring to is the backing track.

As for the instrumental being done, that doesn't mean anything at all. Gaga's not tech-illiterate; anybody who knows a bit about music theory can make an instrumental on Garageband, for example. She also probably has a keyboard that can imitate different sounds around, since most electronic keyboards have different "voices." That would explain why the synths sound cheap. It's also possible and likely that the instrumental was written alongside the producer, DJWS in this case. To wrinkle things further, there may be an even earlier demo we don't know about that's just her at a keyboard, using this chord progression and just singing "I live for the applause" over and over again, like the phone demos for BTW. Unless we know for sure that the instrumental was a pre-existing one (Donatella, Aura, GH, although we don't know how much it was modified, do we?) or made entirely by the producer for Gaga (I don't think there's any song we know of that's like this; Garibay wrote the opening chords for Marry The Night, but that's a tiny part of the whole song), I don't think it's fair to accuse Gaga of piggybacking on other people's work.

And once again, this isn't a new thing for her. Sometimes has the same instrumental as Eh Eh. Not chord progression like here, but the same backing track. As far as I know, nobody's saying Eh Eh/Sometimes isn't her creation (although considering how bad Sometimes is, maybe it'd be better if it weren't hers). Once again, unless we know she's just karaoke-ing over a pre-made track (Donatella, Aura), it's not fair to jump to conclusions about how much of her music she writes or doesn't write.

Darcklighter22

yes but I actually don't care if she uses entire instrumental or a part or whatever... it bothers me that she uses already made melodies by other people at all...

I mean what does it take to put a vocal over melody if you already have it ? does it really take 2 years ?

it's just what she is doing in this Applause demo.... wouldn't you come up with lyrics if you already had a ready, made melody ? it's not songwriting to me... + I would want to hear melodies composed by Gaga, she is a musician after all and IMO producers should only design the sound of melody made by her + mix it and help her a little to make it catchier...

Yeah it just shows a lack of originality when she should just credit the people respectively, and not "the haus of gaga" but at the same time with the more fame she got she just kept herself more busy with allot of different things. she should really just focus more on the next album and not try and multi task while being on tour and everything else. not really ranting just my opinion been a fan since day one and still a fan....but yeah totally agree with you tho.

monstereo

The 'YAAAAY's slay, if she kept it Applause would have reached #1.

I loveeee the instrumental near the end.. it has a dark vibe to it.

Cute, especially the yay parts. Sounds like a drunk little girl who just wants to have fun. Love her. 

Dangerous Man

Is she drunk while singing this? :lmao:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived