Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Final Fantasy

Vampira

Featured Posts

When you think about it, do you really want a Final Fantasy VII remake?

Fans of Final Fantasy VII tend to be so obsessed with the original version that you know any little revision made to it will be met with hostility.

Well, I'm kind of ambivalent about a VII remake simply because it's not my favorite (I'd much rather see VI get a glamorous PS4 update). But even if it's met with hostility, it will be a guaranteed, monumental commercial success that will make them bucketloads of money, which, if they keep trending the way they are now, is something they're going to need at some point, and soon. They can't keep hemorrhaging billions of yen.

In all honesty, it would be very, VERY easy to do a remake of VII that doesn't piss anybody off: don't make any little revisions. Give the fans exactly what they're asking for: a version of VII with insane graphics, and an updated, polished translation. Don't go mucking about and making sweeping changes to locations or plot or character or (where they would almost certainly try to make sweeping changes) to the gameplay. But Squenix, I have a feeling, would be too proud to do that. They seem to have left the old-school ATB/can't move your character/totally menu-based RPG gameplay behind. And to this point, it's mostly been to their detriment. People will still play those old, purely menu-based RPGs, and people still LOVE them--the continued success of Pokemon is testament to that.

Anyway, now that Wada has officially resigned, it'll be interesting to see if the company heads in any new directions.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIFs

• zexion_armando

• Goldenhen

• LionHeartedGirl

Darcklighter22

I've only played FF13 but found it such a great game, the storyline was pretty good :) 

• 1 month later...
Knife

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Online) is going to be released for PC & PS3 on August 27th, 2013.

Information about pricing and other details can be found here.

Seeka

I love Final Fantasy...

Until 13...

but I am too late for that, aren't I?

• 3 weeks later...
inuborg

Can't wait for FFXV, I really like watching Let's Plays of FF games, but I've only played two myself. I beat FFIV DS and I played FFVII up to the second disc. 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Knife

Video shows off the new classes that will be added when the game is released.

These classes all focus on summoning minions in battle to aid the party (Scholar) or damage enemies (Summoner).

So excited for XV, been waiting years to see Versus arrive!

I probably won't get XIV since I'm not big into MMORPGs, but I'll probably get XIII-3 since I've played the other two and want to see how it ends.

KrisFromMars

I have a macbook so i cant but the PC version, would it be dumb to buy a PS3 just to play FF online?
( i really wanna play it. )

Edited by Nigel

• 2 weeks later...
Knife

I have a macbook so i cant but the PC version, would it be dumb to buy a PS3 just to play FF online?
( i really wanna play it. )

If you really want to play it, then I suppose the Playstation 3 version is the way to go.

Personally, I'd wait for the Playstation 4 version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The PS4  will have no trouble running the game on maximum graphical settings with a constant, smooth frame-rate, whereas the PS3 version has been downgraded and modified heavily in order to work.