• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uo111

WOW, this thread only has 10 pages? 

​They delayed Zelda Wii U, that's why.
In about 7 months this thread will start picking up again soon. I hope :pray:

Haroon

Guys I'm finally gonna begin playing Skyward Sword tonight! I've had the game for over a year but never put it into my console and actually played it :laughga: I even specially bought the version that had a gold Wii remote too because I want to feel cool while I kill stuff :toofunny: I'M SO EXCITED TO BEGIN A NEW JOURNEY :giveup: 

retroglamx

Guys I'm finally gonna begin playing Skyward Sword tonight! I've had the game for over a year but never put it into my console and actually played it :laughga: I even specially bought the version that had a gold Wii remote too because I want to feel cool while I kill stuff :toofunny: I'M SO EXCITED TO BEGIN A NEW JOURNEY :giveup: 

​WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG? THAT GAME IS SO BEAUTIFUL!

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Haroon

​WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG? THAT GAME IS SO BEAUTIFUL!

​I DON'T KNOW :cryga: I wanted to make sure that my focus was 100% on the game and not elsewhere. Whenever I play Zelda games I get into "the zone" for a few days playing it constantly :laughga: 

retroglamx

​I DON'T KNOW :cryga: I wanted to make sure that my focus was 100% on the game and not elsewhere. Whenever I play Zelda games I get into "the zone" for a few days playing it constantly :laughga: 

Well, I hope you enjoy it. :) What's your favorite Zelda release?

Haroon

Well, I hope you enjoy it. :) What's your favorite Zelda release?

​I really enjoyed Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks :yes: Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker were super fun too but I've only ever played Ocarina with a walkthrough and I haven't finished Wind Waker :emma: 

Yours? :awesome: 

retroglamx

​I really enjoyed Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks :yes: Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker were super fun too but I've only ever played Ocarina with a walkthrough and I haven't finished Wind Waker :emma: 

Yours? :awesome: 

​Well, I LOVE Ocarina Of Time and have played it thousands of times since it came out. I absolutely adore everything about it. Everything. I have a love/hate relationship with Majora's Mask, wherein I really want to play it but I just can't play a game with a DAMN CLOCK AT THE BOTTOM OF MY SCREEN. Like, I wanna take my time and explore this place and not care that the moon is crashing for about 5 minutes, you know? Lol, I know there are ways to make time go slower and go back in time as well, it's Zelda, duh but still I just can't seem to get the hang of it just yet.

I played Wind Waker when it first came out and I fell in love with everything about it. The story, characters, dungeons, weapons, everything was/is precious to me. The ending is amazing. And it may not be my favorite release but it's definitely tough competition. You should try and finish it sometime. :)

Twilight Princess on the other hand reminded me of the dark themes around OOT/MM so that was really nice to start with. The story is fantastic, although it lacks a bit of development at times. Characters, weapons and dungeons are awesome too. I struggled at times with Wolf Link (controls wise) so, needless to say, I was thrilled to finally be able to transform as I pleased. Midna annoyed the hell out of me at first but she eventually became more bearable and I am forever in love with Princess Zelda's design in this game. Mail guy gets really annoying halfway through the game.

Skyward Sword was the perfect mix between the more mature idea of Twilight Princess and the cartoon/cell-shade design of Wind Waker. Although the story is not nearly as dark as Twilight Princess it's really well built and developed. It certainly gives you a good idea of how it all started and why certain things happen the way they have happened in other games. I don't wanna say too much though cause I want you to play it without any expectations but I must say that you'll be very disappointed if you're expecting some dark sh1t a la Twilight Princess. (which is in no way a bad thing, it's just a different aim this time. and controls on SS are fantastic btw.)

WOAH, sorry I didn't realized I typed so much. I could talk about Zelda for HOURS.

Haroon

​Well, I LOVE Ocarina Of Time and have played it thousands of times since it came out. I absolutely adore everything about it. Everything. I have a love/hate relationship with Majora's Mask, wherein I really want to play it but I just can't play a game with a DAMN CLOCK AT THE BOTTOM OF MY SCREEN. Like, I wanna take my time and explore this place and not care that the moon is crashing for about 5 minutes, you know? Lol, I know there are ways to make time go slower and go back in time as well, it's Zelda, duh but still I just can't seem to get the hang of it just yet.

I played Wind Waker when it first came out and I fell in love with everything about it. The story, characters, dungeons, weapons, everything was/is precious to me. The ending is amazing. And it m ay not be my favorite release but it's definitely though competition. You should try and finish it sometime. :)

Twilight Princess on the other hand reminded me of the OOT/MM darkness so that really nice to start with. The story is fantastic, although it lacks a bit of development at times. Characters, weapons and dungeons are awesome too. I struggled at times with Wolf Link so, needless to say, I was thrilled to finally be able to transform as I pleased. Midna annoyed the hell out of me but she eventually became more bearable and I am forever in love with Princess Zelda's design in this game.

Skyward Sword was the perfect mix between the more mature idea of Twilight Princess with a cartoon/cell-shade design of Wind Waker. Although the story is not nearly as dark as Twilight Princess it's really well built and developed. It certainly gives you a good idea of how it all started and why certain things happen the way they have happened in other games. I don't wanna say too much though cause I want you to play it without any expectations but I must say that you'll be very disappointed if you're expecting some dark sh1t a la Twilight Princess. (which is in no way a bad thing, it's just a different aim this time. and controls on SS are fantastic btw.)

WOAH, sorry I didn't realized I typed so much. I could talk about Zelda for HOURS. 

​I enjoy reading in-depth answers so it's okay don't worry :dies: 

I remember trying to play OoT as a child and just being too scared to do anything, but then on the 3DS I played it and enjoyed it, I will restart my game this summer and play it without a walkthrough this time though. The soundtrack is amazing, probably one of the best I've ever heard :flutter: I did play MM but only just passed the 1st dungeon, it did get a bit freaky to me with the clock underneath too, I want to give MM 3D a try later if I have the guts :gum: 

Yup I totally agree that Wind Waker is amazing! The thing with me is I get stuck at a point in a game and then quit which is what happened with WW and Phantom Hourglass :smh: I'll have to restart the whole game and play again to recapture my love for it and to get back into the swing of the controls and stuff. LOL omg Midna was awesome! Major step up from Navi and Tael and whatever other floating puffballs there have been :toofunny: 

Your description of SS is exactly what I've heard before actually, the mix between cartoon & mature Link :yes: I was disappointed with the TP controls because I expected motion controls because it was the Wii and all but it was just wrist-flicking, so I'm super excited for actual motion control usage in SS :excited2: 

All of the previous 2D Zelda games are on the eShop I believe, or able to be redeemed on Club Nintendo and I have enough star points to get all of them (LoZ, Zelda II, Link to the Past, LoZ DX) so I'm planning on getting those and experiencing the roots of the series :woot: 

retroglamx

​I enjoy reading in-depth answers so it's okay don't worry :dies: 

I remember trying to play OoT as a child and just being too scared to do anything, but then on the 3DS I played it and enjoyed it, I will restart my game this summer and play it without a walkthrough this time though. The soundtrack is amazing, probably one of the best I've ever heard :flutter: I did play MM but only just passed the 1st dungeon, it did get a bit freaky to me with the clock underneath too, I want to give MM 3D a try later if I have the guts :gum: 

Yup I totally agree that Wind Waker is amazing! The thing with me is I get stuck at a point in a game and then quit which is what happened with WW and Phantom Hourglass :smh: I'll have to restart the whole game and play again to recapture my love for it and to get back into the swing of the controls and stuff. LOL omg Midna was awesome! Major step up from Navi and Tael and whatever other floating puffballs there have been :toofunny: 

Your description of SS is exactly what I've heard before actually, the mix between cartoon & mature Link :yes: I was disappointed with the TP controls because I expected motion controls because it was the Wii and all but it was just wrist-flicking, so I'm super excited for actual motion control usage in SS :excited2: 

All of the previous 2D Zelda games are on the eShop I believe, or able to be redeemed on Club Nintendo and I have enough star points to get all of them (LoZ, Zelda II, Link to the Past, LoZ DX) so I'm planning on getting those and experiencing the roots of the series :woot: 

​Aww yess! OOT soundtrack is amazing! You mentioned you got the special 25 anniversary bundle for Skyward Sword, right? Did you get the CD with the orchestra? I loved it so much. :)

Tbh, right now I'm trying to save up money and upgrade to a Wii U and then I'll see about getting those 2D Zelda games, which btw, I have never played. :(

And I never found Navi as annoying as most of the fandom perceives her lol, I want a game where Link is truly on his own, you know? No sidekicks, just gossip stones to lead you on I guess...

Princess Zelda

​They delayed Zelda Wii U, that's why.In about 7 months this thread will start picking up again soon. I hope :pray:

​I know, but still, I would have expected it to be way longer :crossed:.

And I really do hope it is 7 months this time for sure :pray:.

Redstreak

I can't believe I'm almost done with my play through :giveup:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Haroon

I can't believe I'm almost done with my play through :giveup:

​Of Majora's Mask 3D? :omg: 

​Aww yess! OOT soundtrack is amazing! You mentioned you got the special 25 anniversary bundle for Skyward Sword, right? Did you get the CD with the orchestra? I loved it so much. :)

Tbh, right now I'm trying to save up money and upgrade to a Wii U and then I'll see about getting those 2D Zelda games, which btw, I have never played. :(

And I never found Navi as annoying as most of the fandom perceives her lol, I want a game where Link is truly on his own, you know? No sidekicks, just gossip stones to lead you on I guess...

​Thanks for reminding me about that, I had no idea (or totally forgotten) :dies: I opened it the other day and straight away put the CD into my laptop and I'm loving the music :music: 

I've never played those 2D games either, that's why it's a great opportunity for us to go back in time and experience that stuff :excited: Hmm I'm not sure about Link being on his own, it'd feel lonely. Like even though technically we're alone anyway and Fi/Midna/Navi/Tael/etc are just there for hints and whatever they feel like company :giveup: 

Redstreak

​Of Majora's Mask 3D? :omg: 

​Thanks for reminding me about that, I had no idea (or totally forgotten) :dies: I opened it the other day and straight away put the CD into my laptop and I'm loving the music :music: 

I've never played those 2D games either, that's why it's a great opportunity for us to go back in time and experience that stuff :excited: Hmm I'm not sure about Link being on his own, it'd feel lonely. Like even though technically we're alone anyway and Fi/Midna/Navi/Tael/etc are just there for hints and whatever they feel like company :giveup: 

Of every Zelda game 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Archived