Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Elle reviews the ArtRave

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

MonsterMum

Full review here (she had an ARTZONE ticket btw).

http://www.elle.com/news/culture/meeting-lady-gaga?click=hprc

Last Thursday I embarked on a boondoggle to Philadelphia that included a party bus, a hospitality lounge full of branded Gaga sliders (and all-you-can-drink Absolut cocktails), second row seats, and 10 minutes with the Mother Monster herself.

5:06 pm
We cut a line of costumed Little Monsters who have been waiting to enter the arena for hours. I actually hear people "boo" and "hiss." It may be the first time, in the history of the world, that anyone has actually said "hiss" as a result of being peeved.

5:37 pm

I am underneath the ARTPOP stage. A man by the name of Winky is guiding our group through a labyrinth of "quick change" rooms and elevator shafts that connect to the performance arena: a 110-foot-long acrylic highway suspended 10 feet above the floor. (Some stats: The ARTPOP concert comes into town courtesy of 21 trucks; Gaga has anywhere between 12 and 14 dancers a show; it takes three hours to pack up her costumes, which include a Medusa-style octopus outfit, gilded wings, countless wigs, rubber boxing shoes, and a gown about as long as a football field.)

5:50 pm

Gaga arrives with her black French bulldog, Asia, in tow. "Straight to the bar," she observes of her pup, who beelines for the VIP-only Absolut-sponsored ice bar. (why does this not surprise me :teehee: )

5:53 pm
I ask LG if she is able to see the audience during the show. "I can see everyone," she tells me. For some reason unknown to mankind, I press her on the fact and ask if she ever sees someone and thinks to herself, 'Oh, that guy is weird'? "You think I think people are weird?" she retorts. My mind flashes to meat gowns and egg pods. ( :sharon:

5:56 pm
I try to tempt Asia off of her perch next to her mom with prolonged eye content and subtle lip pursing. Lady Gaga can sense the seduction and pulls the dog closer to her.

9:27 pm

The show starts with, what else?, “ARTPOP." We then segue into dazzling renditions of "Just Dance," "Poker Face," "Telephone," "Do What U Want," and my personal favorite, "Applause." I've never been to a Lady Gaga concert before and I am truly floored. During our chat, Gaga told us that the concert should feel as if someone has drilled "a hole into the back of your brain," and it's trueâ€â€for the hour or so she is playing I am transfixed, transported, and transformed. I am screaming lyrics to songs I didn't know I knew and jumping up and down to songs I thought I hated. She told us that she wanted the performance to feel "less like I was singing at you" and more like "I'm singing with you, dancing with you, raving with you." When I’m old and gray, I can’t wait to tell my grandkids about that time I raved with Lady Gaga.

Queen of slaying GP   :legend:

RAMROD

YAAASSS!!! Tell yo grandkids how Gaga slayed, people!! :gaga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Jee Yew Whai

awh cute  :spin: 

its nice to read good, constructive, friendly reviews atm. awh.gifits almost uncommon, especially with ARTPOP

Archived