Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nintendo apologize about Tomodachi Life

Joaco95

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

As long as they stick to their word with being inclusive in the future, then I think this is a suitable resolution.

It's funny how they didn't even consider same-s-x relationships as a possibility in the game when The Sims has allowed it for how long now..?

ia w/ everything

buy bionic

well there's violence and crime in real life that's not being added, so this game isn't exactly focused on being as true to life as possible, when the demographic of the game is little kids, adding same s-x marriage just probably never crossed their minds, not that they were trying to be "exclusionary."

But yet, falling in love with someone of the opposite s-x is possible. So straight love=kid friendly, gay love=PG? Okay then, this is good.

AyaKara

So we might get an LGBTQ-friendly Harvest Moon one day? :giveup:

I really hope so! I'm tired of seeing the 'friendship' system & characters whom are clearly gay (Julius, Nami) :deadbanana:

Knife

but sims is for a much older audience.

Who do you think is going to be playing this game? Children?

Nintendo's core fanbase are kids from the 90's that are now 20+ years old.

Redstreak

But yet, falling in love with someone of the opposite s-x is possible. So straight love=kid friendly, gay love=PG? Okay then, this is good.
twisting my words but alright, keep raising Cain about a non-issue. I don't really care anymore. :shrug:

Who do you think is going to be playing this game? Children?

Nintendo's core fanbase are kids from the 90's that are now 20+ years old.

I certainly don't see the 20+ crowd playing it.
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

twisting my words but alright, keep raising Cain about a non-issue. I don't really care anymore. :shrug:

I'm not, how else do you interpret a post saying it's a kid game, they probably didn't think of gay couples, but yet you can fall in love and have straight couples? I'd love to know. You'd have a point of romance of any kind was not possible. Good on you for not caring, keep chugging along those meaningless excuses

Redstreak
I'm not, how else do you interpret a post saying it's a kid game, they probably didn't think of gay couples, but yet you can fall in love and have straight couples? I'd love to know. You'd have a point of romance of any kind was not possible. Good on you for not caring, keep chugging along those meaningless excuses
I do think that way. Kids do not have a firm grasp on emotional and lasting commitments like that and it really has no place, gay or straight.
Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

HausOfAntonio

They're kind of lazy to not want to patch it, but that's still a GREAT step for Nintendo. :party: Did not expect this at all.

So we might get an LGBTQ-friendly Harvest Moon one day? :giveup:

I would murder a person for this to happen :nooo:

Staryu

I do think that way. Kids do not have a firm grasp on emotional and lasting commitments like that and it really has no place, gay or straight.

It's simply not normal that we encourage kids to see or choose straight relationships, but hide the gay ones. Most of them probably won't pick them anyways, but at least they'll be more aware that it's a thing. I'm sure it could help children to be more aware of those things at a younger age and maybe that could help them with their opinion of gay people overtime. Who knows?

I would murder a person for this to happen :nooo:

dayum :lolgaga: 

Morbid

So it looks like people have no idea why this has become controversial. When this game was released in Japan, there was a glitch that allowed for male characters to marry each other. After protest from people online to not patch up the glitch, Nintendo did it anyway. This was in December. Flash forward to the US release and people urged Nintendo to not change the game for the US and they did. I for one am to see this apology from Nintendo.

retroglamx

It's a damn video game ffs. As much as I love Nintendo and its games, not including same s-x relationships on a life simulating game is really not a big deal. I mean, go outside and meet some people. ~

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Staryu

It's a damn video game ffs. As much as I love Nintendo and its games, not including same s-x relationships on a life simulating game is really not a big deal. I mean, go outside and meet some people. ~

What a dumb post tbh.

ryhanna

Think that there are such things as gay people and they might want to be interested in playing the game and creating gay couples? How forward thinking of them.

The game is a life simulation game ffs, shouldn't they try to at least to the extent that it's possible recreate every aspect of human life? Are gay relationships not present in that? it'd be like saying "they could have included people from other races, but if they didn't that's fine", maybe if the game was not a life simulation, but set somewhere that gay people didn't exist then your excusing this would make sense.

As I said, it's great if they do include gay people, but I'm not expecting an exact representation of daily life, even if it is a life simulation. It's just personally not an issue to me but I understand your concerns.

Archived