• Venus looks
    • Gaga with a sea horse keytar
    • Tentacle costume
    • Gaga on the monster claw
    • Leather and green wig
    • Japanese rave girl
    • Versace for Gypsy

Featured Posts

She only wore an actual burqa once and it generated a lot of controversy, not the good kind either. She upset entire groups of people.

People get offended by nearly everything she does, at the end of the day it's just an outfit and she says her self she wears burqa for fashion

Burqa.jpg

Benji

I kind of wish she would stick to one wig a night, I think I prefer the consistency but meh :shrug:

VISION

This is going to be a hit thread

Yaaaas, it was strange to not find a thread like this  :huh:  so I just made one

chromadica

People get offended by nearly everything she does, at the end of the day it's just an outfit and she says her self she wears burqa for fashion

Burqa.jpg

The pink one is a burqa, the rest are more like niqabs. I love Gaga but the whole "burqa swag" thing was a terrible idea and I'd hate if she started perpetuating it again.

The pink one is a burqa, the rest are more like niqabs. I love Gaga but the whole "burqa swag" thing was a terrible idea and I'd hate if she started perpetuating it again.

It's just an outfit she wore a couple of times, not really a bad idea. Anyway bottom line I like this look, you don't :sweat:

chromadica

It's just an outfit she wore a couple of times, not really a bad idea. Anyway bottom line I like this look, you don't :sweat:

It is a bad idea though? Just because you like how it looks doesn't mean it's fine. Muslim headdresses aren't a fashion statement lol.

It is a bad idea though? Just because you like how it looks doesn't mean it's fine. Muslim headdresses aren't a fashion statement lol.

Non Muslim women can wear them too :roll: it's not offensive for a catholic to wear it. She's not trying to make a statement with it. "It's not a statement as much as just a move of passion"

chromadica

Non Muslim women can wear them too :roll: it's not offensive for a catholic to wear it. She's not trying to make a statement with it. "It's not a statement as much as just a move of passion"

I get the lyric and I get where you're coming from but it's just that you're not very educated on what you're defending. Bottom line is if she was to keep it up with the burqa stuff it would be very damaging for her. It's the equivalent of her going out and performing in blackface as a move of "passion".

I get the lyric and I get where you're coming from but it's just that you're not very educated on what you're defending. Bottom line is if she was to keep it up with the burqa stuff it would be very damaging for her. It's the equivalent of her going out and performing in blackface as a move of "passion".

Well maybe you're the one who is not educated on what you're defending as you thought her wearing burqa was a fashion statement when it's not.

Yes I can see how some people will offended by it but I can also see how they can see not be offended but literally everything she does there's someone hating in it or getting offended.

The blackface thing is not the same as that's to do with race not religion like the burqa is associated with Muslims. So there's no need to bring that into it. Burqa is an outfit just like a dress is to both Muslims and non Muslims, a black face ain't no outfit

chromadica

Well maybe you're the one who is not educated on what you're defending as you thought her wearing burqa was a fashion statement when it's not.

Yes I can see how some people will offended by it but I can also see how they can see not be offended but literally everything she does there's someone hating in it or getting offended.

The blackface thing is not the same as that's to do with race not religion like the burqa is associated with Muslims. So there's no need to bring that into it. Burqa is an outfit just like a dress is to both Muslims and non Muslims, a black face ain't no outfit

I don't know, the whole 'burqa swag' thing was pretty damn ****ed up idk if you saw how many of her fans were influenced by it and used their shirts as 'burqas'. Which is a problem. It's not just something you can dismiss as just a 'dress' when she offended heaps of non-white people for prancing around in it. This is the only thing I've ever criticized Gaga on simply because it is just as insensitive as blackface, even though I know she didn't intend to upset anyone. It would just be really hard to watch that **** happen all over again if she decides to wear a burqa for her tour.

I don't know, the whole 'burqa swag' thing was pretty damn ****ed up idk if you saw how many of her fans were influenced by it and used their shirts as 'burqas'. Which is a problem. It's not just something you can dismiss as just a 'dress' when she offended heaps of non-white people for prancing around in it. This is the only thing I've ever criticized Gaga on simply because it is just as insensitive as blackface, even though I know she didn't intend to upset anyone. It would just be really hard to watch that **** happen all over again if she decides to wear a burqa for her tour.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Last thing I will say is yes I've seen fans do the burqa thing but I just don't see it as offensive, I can see how it can offend some Muslims because they might think she's trying to make a religious statement about it when she's not. if she was to visit somewhere like Saudi Arabia they would want her to wear a hijab or niqab. All women entering the country have to cover up somehow. End of discussion

VasilisVas

I'm surprised Japanese Rave Girl has so many votes...so many people were dragging that outfit since they first saw it :awkney: I think my favorite is the black leather with the green wig. 

The opening outfit with the wings is absolutely amazing. I actually REALLY like every single one of the outfits...

8Bit Heart

I'm surprised Japanese Rave Girl has so many votes...so many people were dragging that outfit since they first saw it :awkney: I think my favorite is the black leather with the green wig. 

SAME! I love Rave Girl too, and the ARTPOP wings.

jxckk

tumblr_maccipPDFA1ry6nqso1_250.gif

none of the outfits really thrill me, the tentacles one is the best i guess.

if she plans on keeping the black latex outfit then she better add a headpiece to it to make it more interesting.

Archived