💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's Backing [lead] track (Lip-syncing chorus?)

EvilChromatica

Featured Posts

GypsyPrince

I was there and maybe you're not hearing it well over the recording, but it sounded great there. There were no issues with the backtrack being louder than her live vocals

This. /thread

People should stop trying to shoot everything down before evaluating the full picture.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
itschris

This. /thread

People should stop trying to shoot everything down before evaluating the full picture.

I'm not trying to shoot anything down, but you can't make judgements on sound when you weren't there.

People who weren't there obviously know more than you.

:derpga:

I know, right?

TraeumereiLPB

Recordings can be deceiving. When I was at the BTWB, I could hear Gagas vocals all the time. Whenever she stopped singing, the volume of the backing vocals was much quiter than her actual singing. On the videos I recorded, though, it sounds like she lip synced.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

QueenMortuana

I watched a video of Aura, And yes I wasn't there but the whole first verse was pretty much a backing track. Even in fan recordings I can pick up on her vocals, but in that instance I was unable to. 

TraeumereiLPB

I watched a video of Aura, And yes I wasn't there but the whole first verse was pretty much a backing track. Even in fan recordings I can pick up on her vocals, but in that instance I was unable to. 

There is no backing track on the first verse at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh54VPXsBqw

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Aurajandro

She has been using many backing vocals (mainly in choruses) since BTWB...

I'm sure that she did lip sync...

But if we think positive, it would be a way to protect her voice lol  :popcorn:

HORRORHOLIC

This is the number one thing I've been critical of Gaga over. She is always going on about lip syncing and how she is so against it, yet she uses a backing track almost all the time now. While it's technically not lip syncing why is it considered so different ? she's still not actually singing live most of the time regardless. 

The worst thing about it is how much of a mess it makes the performances look. As much as I'm against lip syncing (and I seriously think it should be illegal to charge fans to see a "concert" and lip sync, at least without it being advertised) I think it would actually make her performances at least look better visually and not be as noticeable if she would just lip sync a whole song instead of having two Gaga voices singing at the same time, and then one cut off, come back on or start talking to fans while the other keeps singing haha!! 

It makes me look like an idiot when I say Gaga doesn't lip sync and I'm watching a performance on a show or something and my son asks why she's still singing when her mouth isn't moving.

I don't wanna hear about "oh it's because there is so much dancing" because that's bs. Back in the day pop artists danced and still sang live, even Madonna used to sing 100% live in the 80's and she danced her ass off. Even if that was the case, they should use back up vocalists so it's still live, or let the dancers do the dancing. 

Born To Slay

This is the number one thing I've been critical of Gaga over. She is always going on about lip syncing and how she is so against it, yet she uses a backing track almost all the time now. While it's technically not lip syncing why is it considered so different ? she's still not actually singing live most of the time regardless. 

The worst thing about it is how much of a mess it makes the performances look. As much as I'm against lip syncing (and I seriously think it should be illegal to charge fans to see a "concert" and lip sync, at least without it being advertised) I think it would actually make her performances at least look better visually and not be as noticeable if she would just lip sync a whole song instead of having two Gaga voices singing at the same time, and then one cut off, come back on or start talking to fans while the other keeps singing haha!! 

It makes me look like an idiot when I say Gaga doesn't lip sync and I'm watching a performance on a show or something and my son asks why she's still singing when her mouth isn't moving.

I don't wanna hear about "oh it's because there is so much dancing" because that's bs. Back in the day pop artists danced and still sang live, even Madonna used to sing 100% live in the 80's and she danced her ass off. Even if that was the case, they should use back up vocalists so it's still live, or let the dancers do the dancing.

But what's the difference between backing vocalists and a backing track? Either way she's not singing the full song.

Her backtrack might as well be the backing vocalists.

Yeah I think she sings far more than most pop acts and I really don't have an issue with the percentage of what she skips but I hate backing tracks for all the reasons you've mentioned. I think she could probably sing/skip the same amount and only use live backing singers which would sound *so* much better.

I still prefer how she does it to full lip syncs though - I would be gutted if she did that.

Born To Slay

Because at least it's being done live and not misleading.

How is it misleading if Gaga's mouth is closed or she's talking? It's obvious she's not singing.

I do however have a problem when she's sings under the ****ing track! I feel breaking her sound system so the track shuts off.

HORRORHOLIC

The thing is, I have no doubt she could sing live even with the dancing. She might make a few mistakes but I would prefer that. She's got such an amazing voice.

HORRORHOLIC

How is it misleading if Gaga's mouth is closed or she's talking? It's obvious she's not singing.

I do however have a problem when she's sings under the ****ing track! I feel breaking her sound system so the track shuts off.

Not so much misleading from her, but she's never admitted to using backing track and always says she sings 100% live. She has no problem accepting compliments from people like Ellen who talk about how she always sings live mistakes and all.

Born To Slay

Not so much misleading from her, but she's never admitted to using backing track and always says she sings 100% live. She has no problem accepting compliments from people like Ellen who talk about how she always sings live mistakes and all.

She never admitted because who the **** asks "do you use back tracks"

I'm sure someone asked her, she'd say yes. Maybe someone with a M&G should ask.

• Bear locked this topic

Archived