💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

scorpion

I can tell you what my experience was going to the show....

It was plain fun . Its a Lady Gaga concert it will always be fun. I will say however it was tremendously different than the others....

Its neither a great thing or a terrible thing. Shes still just on point performing as ever, she still loves her fans and her performances and works hard as ever, never missing a note...

But the truth is you can tell corners were cut in this tour. ARTPOP meant to me new ideas, a freedom of expression.... showing the world gaga at her best to reinforce her message on The Fame, in an even better way...

I didnt feel this happened. Her costumes did not have the same prolific messages as they did in Fame Monster.... her set or theme had no real story.... and Gaga no longer is fighting tooth and nail to keep the name alive. I would say the iTunes festival approach would have been the best for this concert. I want to see her struggling like she did in Aura.... I want her to stick to her guns , and empowering feminism , reminding people through imagery and prose the bigger picture.

I want Gaga to be happy, I love Gaga being happy.... but the truth is we love Gaga the most because of her honesty in her art. And I did not feel everything was brought to the table.

And we may not know the full story, maybe it was the production team she is missing... but this is not the Gaga I came to love.

In short I felt the tour was just kind of winged....

like last minute.

I didnt believe when she said she dreamed of this tour, because the fame monster was a dream of a tour.

ARTPOP should have had the same fight . It didnt have to be dark, but the fight for the message isnt there. And the world needs it.... more than ever.

HORRORHOLIC

I would pay to see her in a bar as well.

Because, you know, it's Gaga I love. A human being. Not the props nor the storylines.

I would pay to see her in a bar too. I actually would prefer a completely stripped down show then this specific show.

Illuminati Freak

Omg people that didn't attend the show should really SHUT THE **** UP. 

THIS.  :tea:

Lol. People already know Gaga can sing. And you are expecting reviews about her vocals?

I can't at these haters, hope you enjoy the Prismatic tour. lol.

lmao, if you think that's 'hating'... People like you need to learn how to think and to use logic, stating facts =/= hating, there was nothing negative about my post... However, people won't buy tickets cuz they are positive about costumes.. they want to know the singing/music/show is  good

MonsterRocket

I really don't want to be negative but from my comprehension of show reviews and personal digestion of the videos, I sometimes question if her mass appeal during TFM (by which I became a fan) was simply a product of her team at the time...

I mean, look at how good these were:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbvOAwRM5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7xdGEO1cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqL2lhgmIo

The artRAVE has serious staging issues. She used to know how to build up a show. I.e.TMB: silhouette --> dancing in the back --> teasing as she went down the steps --> building up to a dance song with the car piano and then everything lights up during Just Dance

It was great staging that gave the show a good sense of buildup and release throughout and flow. This tour...lacks that. I mean the intro is cool but I mean, walking down the catwalk during song 1...um no.

I've been feeling the same way. However, in a recent interview, Matthew Williams (her ex-creative director from 2008-2010) said that all the ideas were Gaga's; he would only execute them.

So, i guess Gaga has always interesting visions and thinks about great visual stuff and imagery, but, she's not a proper and experienced film or creative director. So, she'd need a better team, a very great one, who'd help her coming to amazing things as she used to. It's not about betraying her vision, but about knowing her limitations and that she needs professionals to direct her visuals! 

The way things are directed changes them a lot. Look at the monster ball. It was amazing recorded by fans, but the HBO version... Laurianne's photgraphy direction was awful...:awkney: Only imagine if the way Gaga thought about Judas or Marry the night would have been adviced and managed by a proper director...

Charlie

Stop the drama. Start the music.

fav song: lady haha — no floodz ft adele

monstronic

But... Most of the songs are cut ! :rofl:

"Most of the songs"? It's the ARTPOP ball. What did you expect?

HORRORHOLIC

Her performances at the itunes festival, ARTRAVE, The Christmas show and SXSW all came across as more thought out and better executed.

BULATIO

tumblr_n52wpwux2f1qdmb8eo1_1280.png

What was happening in this video?

Jewels N' Drugs INTRO

fighting buryat

jcOMFG

Her performances at the itunes festival, ARTRAVE, The Christmas show and SXSW all came across as more thought out and better executed.

But these are all performances that we can judge based off professional high-quality filming.

Unless you go to the artRAVE and experience it yourself or if she releases a DVD (god, I hope so!) then you can't compare what you see on crappy fan videos with these HD performances.

Idk, for me it all just worked together so perfectly and it was such a fantastic experience that it's really baffling how some people are saying that it wasn't well executed when I thought it was one of the best shows she's done

lolwut

Honestly, I think this is whats going on:

People are giving out about others complaining, but if you think about it, most of the fans here love Gaga and want to see her succeed and do well. They also love her music/message/themes that shes put out before. Born This Way was a huge risk for Gaga because it was so different, and although it took time for fans to warm to it, we did eventually. So we can rule out the whole "People need to get over the fact that Gaga changes" arguement. We can cope with change.

Theres definitley been something off about ARTPOP ever since the start, and many fans are noticing it but they just cant put their finger on it. It was always been "good" for most people (including myself). But the truth is, the songs just simply are not up to Gagas standard, which she has become so famous for, so there is no excuse for saying that its unfair that the bar is so high. She set it there. Dont get me wrong, ARTPOP is a great album and the songs are slick, but its not the music that made me fall in love with Gaga. Theres no connection through it. Like I said, i dont know whats missing, but something is missing, and since so many fans feel it too, then I cant be wrong.

I guess when you couple this with other let downs like the app, DWUW problems (featuring a suspected s-x offender on your record.., really?) and the media hate,  then the initial problem of ARTPOP being "meh" becomes kind of magnified and everything seems worse than it is. This is happening again with the Artrave. Again, it doesn't look like something that has the Gaga factor to it, which is what everyone fell in love with. However, I was not there, so i dont know how good it was and i definitley think gaga will improve it as time goes on. But I think the reason people are upset with the youtube videos of the tour, is because in the exact same way as the album, its the least Gaga thing they've ever seen, despite her "evolution" as an artist. Seeing some of those outfits genuinely embarrassed me, and i can honestly say that im dreading the GA queue in October.

I guess basically what im saying is that Gaga is capable than much more than this. For many people ARTPOP is just fine, and thats great! But dont start hating on those that are let down by it, because despite the fact we all love this woman, its a good thing that we dont blindly follow everything she does with admiration, even if we dont like it.

ChicaSkas

:usrs:  u guys need to stop complaining, some of you are lucky enough to catch her as she's touring your area, we here in Asia aren't that lucky (for now)

This is what a RAVE supposed to mean, simple, energetic and a place where you dance  :ohwell:

This is a syndrome in the gaga community, everyone is expecting her to do better than before and way more daring. But as a fan from TF, after watching some artRave videos, i can see that she's having more fun than before.

:omgexcited:

This was very well said!

Remember, you would all be really bummed if you couldn't see her AT ALL, right?

So please just enjoy the show! :party:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk