💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

Psychedelic

THANK YOU

Ride or dies since TF era

I remember thinking BTW was a huge misstep even though it got her more fans because those of us that had been obsessed with her since 2008 knew that really was not her. Now the pendulum is swinging back the other way

mte!

Tokyo Rose

I think most bad reviews are coming from monsters that became stans during the BTW era and felt very connected with the BTWB and its message. They probably thought Gaga would commit to that dark, minimalistic style forever. Luckily I'm a fan since The Fame era, so I know how diverse Gaga can be, and colorful, simple FunGa is my favorite... so, like I said, I'm very happy with this show!

Well you would be wrong on that. Fan since Just Dance here, Born This Way is my favorite album. ARTPOP my least.

I'm not expecting her to "commit" to anything except INTEGRITY, which is something she has lacked this year and last year. 

As a fan, very disappointing. If I was still in high school and only cared about getting drunk and high, then this would be right up my ally. 

Stefani328

:applause: True Tea gagatruetea6-636168.gif

Face it, the BTW era is over.

I agree. BTW and ARTPOP are two different albums and concert wise. They have different themes. It's almost like people can't let the BTW costumes and set list go. It's not going to be the same. It's different.  The vibes are different. ARTPOP is suppose to be FUN, there isn't any other word to describe it. It's like a party, as Gaga said. You really can't compare the two at all. It really wouldn't be fair to even do so, because if you think they are going to be similar you are just going to be disappointed.

THANK YOU

Ride or dies since TF era

I remember thinking BTW was a huge misstep even though it got her more fans because those of us that had been obsessed with her since 2008 knew that really was not her. Now the pendulum is swinging back the other way

Fan since 2009, I've enjoyed the fun Gaga concerts and dark Gaga concerts.

giskardsb

Just take each show for what it is and enjoy it.

Quit comparing.  

Some people cannot let go of TMB and that era.

Some cannot let go of TBTW ball and that era.

Every show is going to be different. 

but it is pretty silly to compare them via low quality videos.  The experience of being at the show is always completely different than watching it in a depersonalized environment.  The over-dramatic "Gaga is over and the world is ending" responses just make people look silly, especially when it comes down to that person just not liking the wigs.  

Edited by giskardsb

Divine

she looks TF/TFM era in that photos  :millie:

"And I still love you even if I can't see you anymore."

Pitch

Fan since BTW era, but i prefer fun and light ga, still think this concert is so basic compared to TMB and TBTWB, it needs something big/memorable just cause its a "rave" doesnt mean gaga should slack on her creativity, i mean TBTWB entrance alone>>>>

Edited by Pitch
LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

I saw a lot of videos and so far what I can say is :

I love the fact she going somewhere else. She is dropping the "theatre play" style of TBTWB and TMB for a real rave party. Fine. I also love the fact she's using more lights effects for the stage.

The lucite catwalk is insane ! This is Gaga innovation I love !

I just wish she use more props. Where are the props ? Barely any. But I'm sure she will had some because I remember the first BTWB was really empty.

The show as some amazing potential. She just need to add a little bit more props / excitements / technology to it and that combine with the fact she'll get use to the routine will make an amazing rave ! 

gagaconvert

I'm just very surprised at how 'simple' it all was. And no, that is not a criticism. For some reason I thought the show was going to be more of a Swinefest/SXSW mashup, with dramatic emphasis on certain songs like Swine or MJH. But from all the videos I've watched, it actually seems to be one big fast-paced, fun and lighthearted show that focuses more on the actual music rather than any symbolic meanings behind it. And this make it very different from any other tour she's done, which is refreshing in my opinion. It's great to see her just enjoying herself and taking more of a relaxed approach to her performance without throwing in theatricality left, right and centre. The damn thing is supposed to be a party and that's what she's giving us! The atmosphere seemed amazing as always anyway, which is so important. I'll be interested to see what changes she makes over the course of tour, and how it evolves. Can't wait until October!

Edited by gagaconvert

somnambulist

She can't win either way.

People hated the BTWB because it was too preachy and the "plot" was so messy (blow up legs that "give birth"?) and she talked non stop throughout the show and it turned people off

Now she is full of energy and focusing on the music and not the "plot" but having fun and dancing at a concert, and shes still hated for it.

So basically there's 2 sides, and not everybody will be happy either way. 

I personally prefer this style. When I see a concert, I cringe when they try and "act out" scenes. Just stick to the music gaga, you were born with an incredible voice, don't resort to gimmicks. I'm proud of her! She did a fantastic job.

Psychedelic

Well you would be wrong on that. Fan since Just Dance here, Born This Way is my favorite album. ARTPOP my least.

I'm not expecting her to "commit" to anything except INTEGRITY, which is something she has lacked this year and last year. 

As a fan, very disappointing. If I was still in high school and only cared about getting drunk and high, then this would be right up my ally. 

BTW is also my favorite album and ARTPOP my least. But I just don't think growing mature is a straight climb... life is a roller coaster isn't it? so what's wrong with going back to simple and fun for a while?

daviddarko

I WAS THERE.. not in GA or the LMZ but close in the seating...... it was an AMAZING show, certainly better than the atrocity that was THE MONSTER BALL in miami in 2011..... which felt unispired.. and her vocals were not.... on par with what she could do.....

everything about this concert, especially the #artrave #edm gaga voice from THE FAME, was just ****ing amazing..... IT WAS A POP RAVE, lady starlight was playing ****ing EDM beats

HER VOCALS THO....

BEST LIVE GAGA VOCALS I HAVE EVER HEARD IN A LIVE CONCERT... born this was had everyone going WOW.. people were really impressed with the piano settings.. and I was sitting around mothers when she got naked after alejandro.. there gasped..

:party:  :excited2:

I think most bad reviews are coming from monsters that became stans during the BTW era and felt very connected with the BTWB

:applause:

she looks TF/TFM era in that photos  :millie:

Here is The Evidence â–² :rofl:

Bm1ZVJACIAEsQCv.jpg

Edited by daviddarko

SKANK

BTW is also my favorite album and ARTPOP my least. But I just don't think growing mature is a straight climb... life is a roller coaster isn't it? so what's wrong with going back to simple and fun for a while?

I think a lot of people are missing the point of a lot of the criticism she has received during the ARTPOP era. It's not about the lightness of the subject matter compared to the darkness of her previous work, it's about how well it's executed. She did the "simple and fun" thing tremendously well during The Fame, but she did it in an innovative and interesting way. It is about the quality of her work, not the subject matter.

If you are going to be a highly regarded performance artist and pop provocateur you can't have people pay good money to see you just bop around on a cat walk like you are Rihanna or Katy. If you are going to call your show an artRAVE then you can't just hot glue a Koon's ball to your tits and call it art. There needs to be something else there, there needs to be something behind the glitter.

The tour, much like the album it's promoting, is a little disappointing. 

But, I'm sure great things lay ahead for Gaga. 

alffy74

it seems that the anger towards Gaga's lack of commercial success is being translated into hatred towards the tour concept.  :manicure:

it seems that the anger towards Gaga's lack of commercial success is being translated into hatred towards the tour concept.  :manicure:

Amen to that  :manicure: