Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

Melech

Not sure if I think that people complaining about the show or the people who complain about the people who complain about the show are more annoying. :awkney:

ChicaSkas

Since the next topic is the Atlanta show... we need to close this one and move on to discussing that one!

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

DronningSirikit

There was no dwuw video at the end of the ball, like people said that the setlist-picture stated?

blubrryxkisses

Did anyone happen to get a photo of the seahorse keytar??? I did not take any photos because I was dancing and I absolutely ADORED that keytar and would love to look upon it again.  :awesome:

monstronic

Not sure if I think that people complaining about the show or the people who complain about the people who complain about the show are more annoying. :awkney:

The people complaining about the show are DEFINITELY more annoying, especially since 99% of them didn't even go to the show. 

Although the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about the show are maybe a close second...  :omfgaga:

Edited by monstronic

Melech

The people complaining about the show are DEFINITELY more annoying, especially since 99% of them didn't even go to the show. 

Although the people complaining about the people complaining about the show are maybe a close second...  :omfgaga:

I saw more people complaining about people who are complaining about the show though :emma: 

MonsterRocket

Stop the drama. Start the music.

Stop the drama. Start the music.

That was a quote to express we shouldn't compare artists and critize their actions so much...

Sorry but i'll continue reviewing and saying what i think about Gaga's new shows...:awkney:

Goodtimes12128

Honestly, I think this is whats going on:

Theres definitley been something off about ARTPOP ever since the start, and many fans are noticing it but they just cant put their finger on it. It was always been "good" for most people (including myself). But the truth is, the songs just simply are not up to Gagas standard, which she has become so famous for, so there is no excuse for saying that its unfair that the bar is so high. She set it there. Dont get me wrong, ARTPOP is a great album and the songs are slick, but its not the music that made me fall in love with Gaga. Theres no connection through it. Like I said, i dont know whats missing, but something is missing, and since so many fans feel it too, then I cant be wrong.

I guess when you couple this with other let downs like the app, DWUW problems (featuring a suspected s-x offender on your record.., really?) and the media hate,  then the initial problem of ARTPOP being "meh" becomes kind of magnified and everything seems worse than it is. This is happening again with the Artrave. Again, it doesn't look like something that has the Gaga factor to it, which is what everyone fell in love with. However, I was not there, so i dont know how good it was and i definitley think gaga will improve it as time goes on. But I think the reason people are upset with the youtube videos of the tour, is because in the exact same way as the album, its the least Gaga thing they've ever seen, despite her "evolution" as an artist. Seeing some of those outfits genuinely embarrassed me, and i can honestly say that im dreading the GA queue in October.

All this. I still love Gaga. But this era doesn't connect with me like previous eras. I'd still gladly take anyone's artrave ticket if they don't want to go!!

heavymlover

I really don't want to be negative but from my comprehension of show reviews and personal digestion of the videos, I sometimes question if her mass appeal during TFM (by which I became a fan) was simply a product of her team at the time...

I mean, look at how good these were:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbvOAwRM5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD7xdGEO1cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttqL2lhgmIo

The artRAVE has serious staging issues. She used to know how to build up a show. I.e.TMB: silhouette --> dancing in the back --> teasing as she went down the steps --> building up to a dance song with the car piano and then everything lights up during Just Dance

It was great staging that gave the show a good sense of buildup and release throughout and flow. This tour...lacks that. I mean the intro is cool but I mean, walking down the catwalk during song 1...um no.

1. Except all of her creative directors have said in one point or another that Gaga is the one who comes up with most of the ideas.

2. Maybe you don't remember, but it took a couple of legs and a theater tour before TMB looked like the tour we all praise nowadays. We are talking about artRave's first night.

3. I wish the stage was more interactive, yeah, I can't deny that. But there's only so much you can do with a plain platform and a couple of runways. The configuration of her previous tours was simply different.

HORRORHOLIC

People are giving out about others complaining, but if you think about it, most of the fans here love Gaga and want to see her succeed and do well. They also love her music/message/themes that shes put out before.

AbuHassan1992

I'm not gonna lower my expecations. She can do so much better, but if she doesn't hit it out of the park soon like she used to, i'm out

Psychedelic

Even though I love the catwalks, lightining and staging, I rushed to say this is better than the MB. And why are so many songs chopped? It's not like she's doing as many this time. Does anyone know how long was the show?

ItsTommyBitch

I watched a video of Venus performance earlier.

There was a small vocal intro before the song played. "Worship to the land. Aphrodite. Goddess of Love" 

Then b4 the first chorus something about Seashells.

Was wondering if anyone noticed these small details, lol.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから