Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball (Sunday 4th May 2014)

Jase

Featured Posts

Andrew

It is rather refreshing to see her getting back to the music. However, I am rather surprised at how simple it does all seem to look. 

Regardless, I am still very excited to hear the ARTPOP songs live!

phoenixxx

POP is the music.

ART is the stage, the outfits, the choreography, etc. 

You sound like all the lame haters and "critics". What did you expect in terms of art? She said it was a rave inspired party

Yeah, rave 'inspired',

But I could have seen this

artRAVE-in-Ft.-Lauderdale-5.jpg

or this

artRAVE-in-Ft.-Lauderdale-10.jpg

at any rave 10 or 15 years ago. Perhaps I'm just overexposed to that culture, but I can't see anything particularly 'inspired' about it.

It's a shame because the outfit she's wearing for BR actually looked quite interesting before she slapped that fizzy green monstrosity over the top of it. There's too much going on, and it just ends up looking like a bad throwback.

Roseland Fashion/ costumes were ON POINT

http://gagafashionland.com/category/roseland-ballroom-costumes/

. What happened?

Edited by phoenixxx

MonsterMum

at any rave 10 or 15 years ago. Perhaps I'm just overexposed to that culture, but I can't see anything particularly 'inspired' about it.

Yes YOU could but keep in mind a lot of her fans are teens or youngsters barely in their 20s. They have no clue about a rave 10 or 15 years ago and how it looked like or the outfits were. The group that actually attended raves 10/15 years ago and are a part of her crowd is maybe 10% or less of the fan base. You really should look at a wider picture here then just your own. 

GovernmentHookah

Yeah same, it just made me super depressed bc I wanted to see her so bad and yep  :)

Sweet! I'd like to get to know more Tampa monsters

phoenixxx

Yes YOU could but keep in mind a lot of her fans are teens or youngsters barely in their 20s. They have no clue about a rave 10 or 15 years ago and how it looked like or the outfits were. The group that actually attended raves 10/15 years ago and are a part of her crowd is maybe 10% or less of the fan base. You really should look at a wider picture here then just your own. 

I hear what you're saying, (as an aside I'm only 26, but I was raving at 16, and it was nothing new even then) but I still feel that she could have actually done more with it. It's one thing taking inspiration from retro culture, but I expect Lady Gaga to be putting her own spin on it. At the moment that awful costume literally just looks like a more expensive version of this:

rainbow_raver_by_luna116-d3iqzck.jpg

and that just makes me want to sick in my own mouth a little bit.

I would say that THESE pieces are perhaps inspired by that culture but they look much more fresh, contemporary and inspired:

gaga-atelierversace.jpg

Edited by phoenixxx

Pure Adrenaline

after watching videos from the night I finally realised that the tour has actual plot (not that I have complained about it because I still think that the tour is good ) but for those hatin in for not having a plot developed into it I made a thread explaining the story :kissga:

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/103094-the-tour-has-a-plot-story/

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

MonsterMum

I hear what you're saying, (as an aside I'm only 26, but I was raving at 16, and it was nothing new even then) but I still feel that she could have actually done more with it. It's one thing taking inspiration from retro culture, but I expect Lady Gaga to be putting her own spin on it. At the moment that awful costume literally just looks like a more expensive version of this:

rainbow_raver_by_luna116-d3iqzck.jpg

and that just makes me want to sick in my own mouth a little bit.

The outfit you posted, isn't that exactly what she tries to embody? The raver style and feel at a concert? I mean sure she could change it but wouldn't she change the essence of the whole thing?

The outfits of Roseland served their purpose just like the outfits at the ArtRave do imo :shrug:

Edited by Malinowa

phoenixxx

The outfit you posted, isn't that exactly what she tries to embody? The raver style and feel at a concert? I mean sure she could change it but wouldn't she change the essence of the whole thing?

The outfits of Roseland served their purpose just like the outfits at the ArtRave do imo :shrug:

You can emulate the energy behind something without creating a carbon copy of it. 

And I'm not just speaking as a fan, but as a costume designer/performance maker. I'm looking forward to seeing how this show is going to develop (because they always do)

NewYorkCity

I also believe that she's trying to take it a bit eassy this time after what happened with her hip last tour. And that could hapen again tbh.

For example if you look at DWUW performance (and I love it). That song has a choreo and it is amazing... why isn't she doing it with a lot of dancers on the central catwalk? Like she did in the AMAs... I think it is because of this, idk.

anyway I love the show and this performance with the cristal paw :flutter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgViMkZmfK8

lastlinefirst

Sweet! I'd like to get to know more Tampa monsters

Same. I think my fiancée is tired of me talking about Gaga all the time lol.

NewYorkCity

OMG I JUST REALISED THAT THERE'S NO FOG ON THIS TOUR :omg:

The decay. Selling my tickets tbh. 

:derpga:

Now seriously, it is weird right? She always loved it! And I think it could be great on the main stage with that castle

Edited by NewYorkCity

GypsyPrince

OMG I JUST REALISED THAT THERE'S NO FOG ON THIS TOUR :omg:

The decay. Selling my tickets tbh. 

:derpga:

Now seriously, it is weird right? She always loved it! And I think it could be great on the main stage with that castle

Fog would look amazing with the crazy lights.

Hopefully she decides to spray some fog.

Orly D

lol. you can jump off the ship rn. good bye, Gaga doesn't need your complaints.

Most of the people who complained didn't attend the first tour so we shouldn't care about them. :smh:

Excuse you, I attended the BTWB. 

All I am saying is that Gaga is capable of something far greater but she is not maximising that to full use. She doesn't have much time left.