💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Sims 4

Zsolti

Featured Posts

FATCAT

Also, it's more than just a slight problem. I have the windows OS but for those who don't they would have to purchase the OS and maybe even a fusion application just to have the correct software to run The Sims 4. So that's hundreds of dollars spent on this game.

Anyone without the money to buy Windows will find it (i.e pirate it), I'm not defending their decision, but it isn't the worst thing in the world.

Purr more, hiss less.

Essence
Anyone without the money to buy Windows will find it (i.e pirate it), I'm not defending their decision, but it isn't the worst thing in the world.
That's just a whole lot of effort considering there should be some legal way for them to get the game if they have been loyal customers. It's not like nobody who had macs plays The Sims--Mac users are a significant part of the community. And it's stupid of EA.

FATCAT

That's just a whole lot of effort considering there should be some legal way for them to get the game if they have been loyal customers. It's not like nobody who had macs plays The Sims--Mac users are a significant part of the community. And it's stupid of EA.

There might be a reason to not having Mac support, is the game CPU or RAM intensive?

Purr more, hiss less.

Essence

There might be a reason to not having Mac support, is the game CPU or RAM intensive?

the Sims 3 was pretty RAM intensive, the minimum requirement is around 2 GB. However, one of the major advantages of The Sims 4 is its lowered required specifications. It requires much less ram supposedly, so they could have created a port or native version for Mac that was accesible to more devices.

Also a huge issue with The Sims 3 was that really low end PCs couldn't run the game. Pretty much all non configured Mac could run it just fine as none of them come with under 2 GB of RAM.

I think they were just too lazy to do something for the Mac users. Back when The Sims 3 was in development they actually postponed the entire launch of the game just to ensure that Mac users would be able to play it, and the game was a huge success at launch and throughout its run on both operating systems.

Edited by Essence

Honey Boo Boo

EA stans for Microsoft as well, I see 

jJfGh9uo9Gycm.png

I see my previous era's still making an impact :whitney:

A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

Hexxx

It looks really good. What's it like?

Edited by Hexxx
Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Henry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2ue9y7_2M

It's live gameplay showing of The Sims 4 which comes out September 2nd 

It's beta software from 1 month ago so it's not the final game

Edited by MrHenry

mcphee

I'm completely uninspired by what they're showing us, the game looks good, but not a big enough upgrade from the sims 3 for me.

don't know if there's a separate topic for this but... have any of you played the create a sim demo? i find it really hard to use & you can't use some features that were in sims3 (e.g. highlights in hair, custom clothing colours etc.)

Henry

don't know if there's a separate topic for this but... have any of you played the create a sim demo? i find it really hard to use & you can't use some features that were in sims3 (e.g. highlights in hair, custom clothing colours etc.)

I got the Demo and I do find I hard to use at times, we just really have to learn it alot because it's something totally new. They took out all the colour options to help with the speed of the game. It did because it is way faster than The Sims 3 but I really miss it  :cry:

looking good running fine...but with my machine I wonder if i'll even be able to get to the gameplay mode

tumblr_lo5g4lScOG1qb5ylp.jpg