Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's ARTPOP & Rihanna's Rated R

Slade

Featured Posts

Fizzy

Rihanna was beat in February of 2009 and she released Rated R in November of 2009.

Gaga broke her hip in February of 2013 and she released ARTPOP in November of 2013.

:spin:

spoookkkyy

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slade

I kind of see it. You should include Dope #10 though. I feel like some of those Rated R songs probably charted similarly to Dope because I have never heard of them. lol 

I think that's what happened with Wait Your Turn. But Russian Roulette and Hard were official singles!

djBuffoon

I see what you're saying. Musically and artistically, Gaga has blown me away this era, and things can only get more exciting from here.

Haroon

I think Rihanna's Rated R and Beyonce's 4 are great examples that one not-amazingly-successful album doesn't mean it's the end for the artist :yes: Gaga's got more albums and songs coming in the future, and they all have their own chance at being super successful :party:

Slade

so that means her next single will go number 1 :gaga: ... ? lol #GYPSY!!!

We can hope! Even if it doesn't go #1, I think it can still be really successful regardless of where G.U.Y. is!

I think Rihanna's Rated R and Beyonce's 4 are great examples that one not-amazingly-successful album doesn't mean it's the end for the artist :yes: Gaga's got more albums and songs coming in the future, and they all have their own chance at being super successful :party:

I forgot about 4!! And **** look at her album now :deadbanana:

Dr Rogoe

Rihanna was beat in February of 2009 and she released Rated R in November of 2009.

Gaga broke her hip in February of 2013 and she released ARTPOP in November of 2013.

:spin:

Reductive again I see :reductive:

elijahfan

Since when do people consider ARTPOP her best album? It's quite the unpopular opinion, if you ask me.

Slade

Did my comment in that thread inspire this? :emma:

Yes! I tried to quote you and respond, but the thread closed before I could. :emma:

TimisaMonster

Just goes to prove that artists are at their best when they come from a raw and darker perspective in their music...:oops:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

SonOfAphrodite

Rated R was such a great album. I remember when Russian Roulette dropped... it was totally different from what Rih had done and It fit her situation at the time so well. It was dark and s-xy and interesting. That's when I truly became a fan.

But her next single will be #1? Let's hope this is her Rated R.  :excited2:

Looks like they have to release Sex Dreams this coming Summer.  :teehee:

Rated R was the first album I ever bought  :legend:

HausOfGuy

Rated R is Rihanna's 4th album too

i was talking about ARTPOP in general. I don't think its fair to compare rihanna to gaga,simply because the reason why ARTPOP "didnt" do well is not the same reason Rated R "didnt" do well. ARTPOP didnt do well because of the GPs thoughts on Gaga, not because of the music, however Rated R was a very different sound for Rihanna and maybe ppl didnt really like it. People were actually rooting for rihanna at the time the record was released.

Slade

Since when do people consider ARTPOP her best album? It's quite the unpopular opinion, if you ask me.

That's based on the people here. I know it's not everyone's opinion, but it's definitely far from an unpopular opinion. If ARTPOP is considered by the majority of people here to be her best album, then a lot of people in the fan base probably consider it her best too. But like I said, even in Rihanna's fan base, a lot of people say Loud is her best, or GGGB. Opinions vary.

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/98947-the-official-ggd-favorite-lady-gaga-album/

Electric Venus

rated r is the only rihanna i like so its a shame it under performed. one big difference though is a lot of people just wouldn't give gaga a chance because of her name alone, whereas rihanna and beyonce have never had the same kind of hate from the gp that gaga gets :shrug:

Archived